Hikki Station Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  Return to Hikki StationReturn to Hikki Station  

Enka Singer: JERO

Go down 
+5
Donovon-Bozu
kayoko
AyUta
Sanosuke
WatashiNoItami
9 posters
AuthorMessage
WatashiNoItami
Fan
Fan
WatashiNoItami

Number of posts : 151
Registration date : 2008-05-24

Enka Singer: JERO Empty
PostSubject: Enka Singer: JERO   Enka Singer: JERO I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 02, 2008 6:34 pm

Well I'm for sure you guys have heard of him. If not, then GO SEARCH HIM UP! I really wasn't interested when I first heard him because everyone around me was like "OMG THERE'S AN AFRICAN AMERICAN THAT SINGS JAPANESE." I took it really offensively because I thought "Why are they acting like that? Why the hell are you being so racist? Just because he's African American and he speaks Japanese is very strange to you?" But like a month later I watched his music video, his interview, and read some articles on him and I found him inspirational! I mean I'm not a really enka fan but he made it really interesting to hear. And just the fact that he's doing this all for his Japanese grandma makes you really wanna cheer him on! And I do! =D I plan on buying his CD very soon (when I get the money that is).

You should watch this (this is what REALLY got me to start liking him): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Ybry2btOmg
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/horonigai/
Sanosuke
Top Admin
Top Admin
Sanosuke

Number of posts : 210
Registration date : 2008-05-22

PostSubject: Re: Enka Singer: JERO   Enka Singer: JERO I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 02, 2008 8:30 pm

His voice is really amazing. It's great that he's bringing the traditional Japanese music back into the scene.
Back to top Go down
http://hikkistation.net
AyUta
AyUta

Number of posts : 40

PostSubject: Re: Enka Singer: JERO   Enka Singer: JERO I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 02, 2008 8:31 pm

I thought Jero was amazing. It's really cool that he is the first African-American Enka singer.
Back to top Go down
kayoko
Fan
Fan
kayoko

Number of posts : 89
Registration date : 2008-05-27

PostSubject: Re: Enka Singer: JERO   Enka Singer: JERO I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 02, 2008 10:26 pm

he was that one guy that took a picture with hikki-san once right...he was bling with the hat and all the other stuff? they traded signed albums with one another...
Back to top Go down
Donovon-Bozu
Fan
Fan
Donovon-Bozu

Number of posts : 274
Registration date : 2008-05-28

PostSubject: Re: Enka Singer: JERO   Enka Singer: JERO I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 03, 2008 10:14 am

I have never heard enka before. Maybe I'll try this out....
EDIT 2 MINUTES LATER: Wow, he's pretty good!
Back to top Go down
WatashiNoItami
Fan
Fan
WatashiNoItami

Number of posts : 151

PostSubject: Re: Enka Singer: JERO   Enka Singer: JERO I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 03, 2008 10:39 am

I love how he wears like baggy clothes yet then he starts to sing enka! XDD JERO is truly amazing! Combining modern with tradition! And also having his first single reach all the way to number 4! First time EVER!
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/horonigai/
theara
Fan
Fan
theara

Number of posts : 72

PostSubject: Re: Enka Singer: JERO   Enka Singer: JERO I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 03, 2008 12:23 pm

I remember after seeing the picture of JERO and hikki together, I spent about 2 hours looking up stuff about him. Songs, interviews, bios, etc. I couldn't help but have a huge smile on my face. I'm from an area where a lot of people dress like him, but to see him work so hard and achieve success is really inspiring.
Back to top Go down
http://digg.com/
DaAmainator
Fan
Fan
DaAmainator

Number of posts : 312

PostSubject: Re: Enka Singer: JERO   Enka Singer: JERO I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 03, 2008 3:53 pm

I love how he's all gangsta (what he wears and his hat and hair and look) and then he has this angelic voice AND he sings in Japanese (which, I don't care what people say, it's the most beautiful language in the world). It's like, so ironic!: what he does and how he looks! I love it.
Back to top Go down
soilman
soilman

Number of posts : 20
Registration date : 2008-06-07

PostSubject: Re: Enka Singer: JERO   Enka Singer: JERO I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 10, 2008 5:02 pm

The lad's got talent, that's for sure. I liked the way he did the hip hop moves then went straight into the slow, smooth style singing, that made me chuckle. He certainly has a superb voice, I might check out some of his work.
Back to top Go down
Amaterasu
Fan
Fan
Amaterasu

Number of posts : 107
Registration date : 2008-06-11

PostSubject: Re: Enka Singer: JERO   Enka Singer: JERO I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 12, 2008 6:36 pm

I dismissed him as a gimmick when I first heard OF him, and then yes! It was that image of him and Hikki together that prompted me to look him up. And I must admit, he's a fine talent.. and I even find a liking to Enka music now. It's so old-skoo.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Enka Singer: JERO   Enka Singer: JERO I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Enka Singer: JERO
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Hikki Station Forums :: General :: Other Music-
Jump to: