Hikki Station Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  Return to Hikki StationReturn to Hikki Station  

Most R & B - Hip Hop Hikki songs?

Go down 
+5
Rather Hazy
WatashiNoItami
kayoko
Sanosuke
Donovon-Bozu
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Donovon-Bozu
Fan
Fan
Donovon-Bozu

Number of posts : 274
Registration date : 2008-05-28

Most R & B - Hip Hop Hikki songs? Empty
PostSubject: Most R & B - Hip Hop Hikki songs?   Most R & B - Hip Hop Hikki songs? I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 03, 2008 6:05 pm

What are her most R & B influenced songs? And do you like R & B sound better than her current sound?
Back to top Go down
Sanosuke
Top Admin
Top Admin
Sanosuke

Number of posts : 210
Registration date : 2008-05-22

PostSubject: Re: Most R & B - Hip Hop Hikki songs?   Most R & B - Hip Hop Hikki songs? I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 03, 2008 6:09 pm

Donovon-Bozu wrote:
What are her most R & B influenced songs? And do you like R & B sound better than her current sound?

I personally love "For You." I still think it's my favorite song from her. I think her current experimental/pop music is much better than her R&B stuff. But hey, people have their preferences. Wink
Back to top Go down
http://hikkistation.net
kayoko
Fan
Fan
kayoko

Number of posts : 89
Registration date : 2008-05-27

PostSubject: Re: Most R & B - Hip Hop Hikki songs?   Most R & B - Hip Hop Hikki songs? I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 03, 2008 7:22 pm

would kiss & cry count as one? if so then her taste in r&b is good...i love that song...i wish she had more songs such as that but its more the calm and emotion hikki fans love from her...but a little change like niji-iro basu and kiss & cry is good experimentation...i hope she keeps it up...
Back to top Go down
WatashiNoItami
Fan
Fan
WatashiNoItami

Number of posts : 151
Registration date : 2008-05-24

PostSubject: Re: Most R & B - Hip Hop Hikki songs?   Most R & B - Hip Hop Hikki songs? I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 03, 2008 8:09 pm

kayoko wrote:
would kiss & cry count as one? if so then her taste in r&b is good...i love that song...i wish she had more songs such as that but its more the calm and emotion hikki fans love from her...but a little change like niji-iro basu and kiss & cry is good experimentation...i hope she keeps it up...

I like Kiss&Cry too. It's like a combo of her new style and her R&B style. I love both styles really but the songs that I love mostly go into the Experimental genre. Sadly, I hear that a lot of old Hikki fans bashed on her because she went to R&B to Experimental. D= It's horrible reading those comments.
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/horonigai/
Rather Hazy
Fan
Fan
Rather Hazy

Number of posts : 137

PostSubject: Re: Most R & B - Hip Hop Hikki songs?   Most R & B - Hip Hop Hikki songs? I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 03, 2008 9:54 pm

For You and Time Limit are probably the two most R&B songs she's done. R&B is a strange thing to define though, it doesn't have particularly clear boundaries, I mean you could consider everything she did from Precious to Distance to be R&B. Personally, I consider Precious to be Neo Soul though. To me First Love has more in common with early 90s European pop than it has with TLC or Destiny's Child, but it still has somewhat that sound. I'd say Distance was her most R&B album but even so, mant of the songs on that were either half R&B half something else or not R&B at all.
kayoko wrote:
I like Kiss&Cry too. It's like a combo of her new style and her R&B style. I love both styles really but the songs that I love mostly go into the Experimental genre. Sadly, I hear that a lot of old Hikki fans bashed on her because she went to R&B to Experimental. D= It's horrible reading those comments.
They can swivel on it! tongue I like most of what Hikaru's done but it would be awful to try and strap her down to any one genre, R&B or whatever else. She could have never made what I consider to be some of the best music of the decade if she was still doing just R&B.
Back to top Go down
DaAmainator
Fan
Fan
DaAmainator

Number of posts : 312

PostSubject: Re: Most R & B - Hip Hop Hikki songs?   Most R & B - Hip Hop Hikki songs? I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 04, 2008 4:44 pm

I love "Parody" for some reason!! I really think it's because of the "Bum baba ba bump bump ba-da baba!" in the background. I don't know why. It seems she has found a way to R&B it, but still integrate her voice as an instrument.

I like her current stuff a lot better. There are only some R&B songs I like, but I LOOOVE all her new stuff, all of it.
Back to top Go down
WatashiNoItami
Fan
Fan
WatashiNoItami

Number of posts : 151

PostSubject: Re: Most R & B - Hip Hop Hikki songs?   Most R & B - Hip Hop Hikki songs? I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 04, 2008 7:39 pm

DaAmainator wrote:
I love "Parody" for some reason!! I really think it's because of the "Bum baba ba bump bump ba-da baba!" in the background. I don't know why. It seems she has found a way to R&B it, but still integrate her voice as an instrument.

I like her current stuff a lot better. There are only some R&B songs I like, but I LOOOVE all her new stuff, all of it.

Oh yea! I definitely agree to. Parody was my first R&B song that I heard from Hikki and I immediately loved it! The ending was so good. I just love all of her endings 'cause they tie back to her old style.
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/horonigai/
AyUta
AyUta

Number of posts : 40

PostSubject: Re: Most R & B - Hip Hop Hikki songs?   Most R & B - Hip Hop Hikki songs? I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 04, 2008 9:17 pm

Time Limit and For You are amazing songs Very Happy
I love them both so much!
Back to top Go down
Skudder
Skudder

Number of posts : 29
Registration date : 2008-05-26

PostSubject: Re: Most R & B - Hip Hop Hikki songs?   Most R & B - Hip Hop Hikki songs? I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 07, 2008 10:00 am

What about Addicted to You? Does that count as RnB?
Back to top Go down
http://ego-boundaries.blogspot.com/
Sanosuke
Top Admin
Top Admin
Sanosuke

Number of posts : 210

PostSubject: Re: Most R & B - Hip Hop Hikki songs?   Most R & B - Hip Hop Hikki songs? I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 07, 2008 10:09 am

Skudder wrote:
What about Addicted to You? Does that count as RnB?

Yes. Most tracks from First Love and Distance were strongly R&B. Smile
Back to top Go down
http://hikkistation.net
Miroku-san
Miroku-san

Number of posts : 22

PostSubject: Re: Most R & B - Hip Hop Hikki songs?   Most R & B - Hip Hop Hikki songs? I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 09, 2008 4:16 pm

As for Hikki's R&B flavored tracks, I especially liked most of the Distance album.

For You, Addicted To You, and Parody were my favorites.
Back to top Go down
http://beyondthesea2.wordpress.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Most R & B - Hip Hop Hikki songs?   Most R & B - Hip Hop Hikki songs? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Most R & B - Hip Hop Hikki songs?
Page 1 of 1