HomeHome  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  Return to Hikki StationReturn to Hikki Station  

Hikki's Worst Album

Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Donovon-Bozu
Fan
Fan
Donovon-Bozu

Number of posts : 274
Registration date : 2008-05-28

Hikki's Worst Album Empty
PostSubject: Hikki's Worst Album   Hikki's Worst Album I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 12, 2008 10:27 pm

Yes, I know all of her albums are exceptional, but if you had to pick one, ONLY one, which one is the worst in comparison to each other?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sanosuke
Top Admin
Top Admin
Sanosuke

Number of posts : 210
Registration date : 2008-05-22

PostSubject: Re: Hikki's Worst Album   Hikki's Worst Album I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 12, 2008 10:41 pm

Definitely Precious. It's obvious that this album is the worst one since it was her first...

Amai Wana
Fan
Fan

Number of posts : 256
Registration date : 2008-05-25

PostSubject: Re: Hikki's Worst Album   Hikki's Worst Album I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 12, 2008 11:34 pm

Yep yep, Precious is the worst. Ticket 4 Two is good...and that's pretty much all I can say.
First Love is next in line.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://amaiwana.wordpress.com/
theara
Fan
Fan
theara

Number of posts : 72
Registration date : 2008-05-24

PostSubject: Re: Hikki's Worst Album   Hikki's Worst Album I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 12, 2008 11:43 pm

Distance is the worst for me. I do like some songs on it but not all of them.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://digg.com/
SwallowTail
Fan
Fan
SwallowTail

Number of posts : 82
Registration date : 2008-06-13

PostSubject: Re: Hikki's Worst Album   Hikki's Worst Album I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 13, 2008 3:39 am

Well maybe Precious coz I dont have this album har har har
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Prisoner of Hikki
Fan
Fan
Prisoner of Hikki

Number of posts : 141

PostSubject: Re: Hikki's Worst Album   Hikki's Worst Album I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 13, 2008 3:53 am

Worst is a bit harsh since I like Hikki so much... XD
Still if I'd have to choose, it would probably be Exodus (Gomen-nasai to all fans...)
The lyrics weren't as beautiful as her Japanese work, and the songs didn't seem very diverse like her other albums (Deep River is a great example) Still, there were some songs on that album I've really come to like...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Nintendofanboy
Fan
Fan
Nintendofanboy

Number of posts : 153

PostSubject: Re: Hikki's Worst Album   Hikki's Worst Album I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 13, 2008 11:50 am

First Love, I didn't really like the R&B feel to it, but my favorite song First Love is on the album, ironic that my least favorite album is First Love yet my favorite song on the album is First Love XD I have yet to listen to anything on Precious so idunno about that one.
Back to top Go down
View user profile https://www.youtube.com/user/Mario1242
Amaterasu
Fan
Fan
Amaterasu

Number of posts : 107
Registration date : 2008-06-11

PostSubject: Re: Hikki's Worst Album   Hikki's Worst Album I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 13, 2008 12:04 pm

Huuuh. I liked most of the songs on First Love.

Exodus is definitely the weakest for me. I cannot comment on Precious, as I've yet to ever listen to it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Donovon-Bozu
Fan
Fan
Donovon-Bozu

PostSubject: Re: Hikki's Worst Album   Hikki's Worst Album I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 13, 2008 12:32 pm

Precious is one the most boring albums I've ever listened to. Neo-soul? Please. But it is pretty good for a thirteen year old, though.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DaAmainator
Fan
Fan
DaAmainator

Number of posts : 312

PostSubject: Re: Hikki's Worst Album   Hikki's Worst Album I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 13, 2008 3:28 pm

Yup, it's definitely Precious for me. I don't like a lot of songs of hers on there. It sort of makes you think about experience out there and makes you ask yourself "What would it be like if we gave experience to every up-and-coming-singer? Would we get a bunch of super stars?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Blue
Fan
Fan
Blue

Number of posts : 83
Registration date : 2008-05-26

PostSubject: Re: Hikki's Worst Album   Hikki's Worst Album I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 13, 2008 5:15 pm

Yup it's got to be Precious That's the only album that I cringe at bounce And it's the only one not on my ipod
Back to top Go down
View user profile
WatashiNoItami
Fan
Fan
WatashiNoItami

Number of posts : 151

PostSubject: Re: Hikki's Worst Album   Hikki's Worst Album I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 13, 2008 11:14 pm

Yea. Precious is definitely the one I think is her worst probably because it was her first (XDD that kinda rhymes). It's pretty reasonable though. Like she was, what, 15 at that time so she was in high school and that this was her very first experience and usually it doesn't come out to be the best. I think following that is First Love then Exodus 'cause I honestly like Exodus more even though the lyrics weren't as pretty as her Japanese albums, it really HER and her just being so honest and straightforward about herself so you actually go to know this other side of Hikki.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.freewebs.com/horonigai/
Miroku-san
Miroku-san

Number of posts : 22

PostSubject: Re: Hikki's Worst Album   Hikki's Worst Album I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 14, 2008 2:08 am

Since I haven't heard Precious (I don't plan on it either), I gotta go with First Love. I honestly only like about 3-4 songs on that album.

Fan
Fan
Rather Hazy

Number of posts : 137

PostSubject: Re: Hikki's Worst Album   Hikki's Worst Album I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 14, 2008 3:12 am

Excluding Precious, Distance by far. Distance and Deep River are the only Utada albums I consider to have filler on them and Distance has more than Deep River.
Prisoner of Hikki wrote:
Worst is a bit harsh since I like Hikki so much... XD
Still if I'd have to choose, it would probably be Exodus (Gomen-nasai to all fans...)
The lyrics weren't as beautiful as her Japanese work, and the songs didn't seem very diverse like her other albums (Deep River is a great example) Still, there were some songs on that album I've really come to like...
This is the problem I have with Distance and Deep River in particular too. On those albums she had to have the piano ballad, the rock song, a few R&B songs, a few pop songs and it all clashes. I love Exodus because of its cohesion and it still had enough variety for the songs to not all sound the same. Thank god she hasn't done a Drama or Uso Mitai Na I Love You in a long, long time. But that's me.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Prisoner of Hikki
Fan
Fan
Prisoner of Hikki

PostSubject: Re: Hikki's Worst Album   Hikki's Worst Album I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 14, 2008 6:11 am

Reads above post...

Uh... That's not quite what I meant XD
I was saying I liked Deep River because of the diversity... Sorry for the unclear comment D:
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rather Hazy
Fan
Fan
Rather Hazy

PostSubject: Re: Hikki's Worst Album   Hikki's Worst Album I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 14, 2008 7:52 am

Prisoner of Hikki wrote:
Reads above post...

Uh... That's not quite what I meant XD
I was saying I liked Deep River because of the diversity... Sorry for the unclear comment D:
No I understood, I was just saying that the same reason why you liked it was one of the reasons why I disliked it. Wink
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Prisoner of Hikki
Fan
Fan
Prisoner of Hikki

PostSubject: Re: Hikki's Worst Album   Hikki's Worst Album I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 14, 2008 11:24 pm

Rather Hazy wrote:
No I understood, I was just saying that the same reason why you liked it was one of the reasons why I disliked it. Wink

Oh, never mind then XD
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kiss&Cry
Kiss&Cry

Number of posts : 24
Registration date : 2008-06-03

PostSubject: Re: Hikki's Worst Album   Hikki's Worst Album I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 15, 2008 12:56 pm

It has to be Precious. Very Happy

Last edited by Kiss&Cry on Sat Jun 28, 2008 2:07 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Piasu Maikeru
Fan
Fan
Piasu Maikeru

Number of posts : 119
Registration date : 2008-06-15

PostSubject: Re: Hikki's Worst Album   Hikki's Worst Album I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 15, 2008 10:08 pm

I don't see why you guys hate Distance so much... that's actually one of my fav albums. I dunno, I just think it has a dance-like feel to it (笑)

I have mixed feelings over Precious. Seeing as I do not have one set favorite genre, I understand R&B a little bit, if you know what I mean. One side of me is saying, "Crap! Poo! This is the worst music I've ever heard! Chew it up, swallow it, and then let Chuck Norris pwn you for eating it!" Then another side is saying, "It's good, I guess."

Obviously one side has more of an attention span than the other. (笑)

Although, when I compare Precious to the other albums, which all of the others are "Yes! I like this definitely!", I guess you could say it's Hikki's worst, but it's not the worst album in the world *cough* Soulja Boy *cough*

Last edited by Piasu Maikeru on Sun Jun 15, 2008 10:09 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : typo)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Amai Wana
Fan
Fan

PostSubject: Re: Hikki's Worst Album   Hikki's Worst Album I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 15, 2008 11:16 pm

Distance has "Drama" "Kettobase!" "Parody" and "Play Ball" which are great songs!!!
Precious only has "Ticket 4 Two" and IMO, Distance wins against Precious and First Love
Back to top Go down
Nintendofanboy
Fan
Fan
Nintendofanboy

Number of posts : 153

PostSubject: Re: Hikki's Worst Album   Hikki's Worst Album I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 16, 2008 12:30 am

"Play Ball" was on Deep River wasn't it?
Back to top Go down
View user profile https://www.youtube.com/user/Mario1242
Rather Hazy
Fan
Fan
Rather Hazy

PostSubject: Re: Hikki's Worst Album   Hikki's Worst Album I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 16, 2008 1:15 am

Yeah Play Ball was on Deep River. As for the others, I loved Parody, probably the best song on the album, I thought Drama was awful and Kettobase was a good song but I thought it had a really bad arrangement.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Amai Wana
Fan
Fan

PostSubject: Re: Hikki's Worst Album   Hikki's Worst Album I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 16, 2008 2:25 am

oopsies, hehehe I just had a dumb moment right there.
Drama is sooo good. Definitely one of my favs on the album
Parody seems like a story-telling song to me. And songs that can make me feel like I'm going through a story is something hard but wonderful.
Kettobase! was awesome too. The "I want your baby" part is sooo great!
Back to top Go down
Donovon-Bozu
Fan
Fan
Donovon-Bozu

PostSubject: Re: Hikki's Worst Album   Hikki's Worst Album I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 16, 2008 8:27 am

Um, I can't even stand Ticket 4 Two. I can't sit through Precious. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
SORA
SORA

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2008-06-17

PostSubject: Re: Hikki's Worst Album   Hikki's Worst Album I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 17, 2008 7:11 am

Precious. I don't like her voice in this first album
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hikki's Worst Album   Hikki's Worst Album I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Hikki's Worst Album
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Hikki Station Forums :: Utada Hikaru :: Music-
Jump to: