HomeHome  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  Return to Hikki StationReturn to Hikki Station  

-RATE MY CRAPPY DOODLES-

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Donovon-Bozu
Fan
Fan
Donovon-Bozu

Number of posts : 274
Registration date : 2008-05-28

-RATE MY CRAPPY DOODLES- Empty
PostSubject: -RATE MY CRAPPY DOODLES-   -RATE MY CRAPPY DOODLES- I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 20, 2008 8:55 am

1: OMG That's the most disgusting thing ever! silent
2: meh boooriiing Rolling Eyes
3: Good, but it's missing something... Neutral
4: Great Smile
5: Excellent Very Happy

Please keep in mind that it's a doodle that I'm not finished with yet. This is just the rough pencils...I still have to outline it with a crow's quill pen and fix mistakes, then add in more stuff. It's a drawing of the Black Lady from Sailor Moon. Very Happy

-RATE MY CRAPPY DOODLES- Picture001

Last edited by Donovon-Bozu on Fri Jun 20, 2008 1:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DaAmainator
Fan
Fan
DaAmainator

Number of posts : 312
Registration date : 2008-05-24

PostSubject: Re: -RATE MY CRAPPY DOODLES-   -RATE MY CRAPPY DOODLES- I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 20, 2008 11:48 am

Smile
But when you are finished with it, make the eyes pop out a bit more... perhaps a blue color?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Donovon-Bozu
Fan
Fan
Donovon-Bozu

PostSubject: Re: -RATE MY CRAPPY DOODLES-   -RATE MY CRAPPY DOODLES- I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 20, 2008 11:59 am

-RATE MY CRAPPY DOODLES- Picture

A little further out...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Prisoner of Hikki
Fan
Fan
Prisoner of Hikki

Number of posts : 141

PostSubject: Re: -RATE MY CRAPPY DOODLES-   -RATE MY CRAPPY DOODLES- I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 20, 2008 12:28 pm

Smile

Great Job! The lines look really thin (that's a good thing as it equals detail)

Really seems fluent. And I like the eyes (I agree with DaAmainator, they'll look good in blue)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Donovon-Bozu
Fan
Fan
Donovon-Bozu

PostSubject: Re: -RATE MY CRAPPY DOODLES-   -RATE MY CRAPPY DOODLES- I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 20, 2008 1:25 pm

More god-awful stuff:

-RATE MY CRAPPY DOODLES- Ret
sketches(NOT the official art) for a character in my game

-RATE MY CRAPPY DOODLES- Et
a cancelled character back when the game was originally going to be more anime style
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Piasu Maikeru
Fan
Fan
Piasu Maikeru

Number of posts : 119
Registration date : 2008-06-15

PostSubject: Re: -RATE MY CRAPPY DOODLES-   -RATE MY CRAPPY DOODLES- I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 21, 2008 5:12 am

Just be glad you can draw anime/manga... I can't draw it to save my life. Razz

[/cartoonist]
Back to top Go down
View user profile
AnimeLunatic
Fan
Fan
AnimeLunatic

Number of posts : 104
Registration date : 2008-05-25

PostSubject: Re: -RATE MY CRAPPY DOODLES-   -RATE MY CRAPPY DOODLES- I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 21, 2008 2:20 pm

Donovon-Bozu wrote:
-RATE MY CRAPPY DOODLES- Picture

A little further out...
Basically, you nailed the face structure and execution. However, I do believe the body structure and clothes maneuvers is something you need to work out. The shoulders are almost fine, but not completely. As you can see, the shoulder portion of the picture just has this unusual lump that doesn't seem to flow with the body. Its just like a bump. Thats it. When drawing shoulders, you should keep the lines smooth and make them flow. What I mean by that is wen you are about to draw the shoulder, make sure to not make a bump, but curve it so it looks more realistic. Also, the arms seem a bit too large. Arms aren't exactly the biggest thing unless you are making them extremely buff and also arms seem to be quite small compared to the rest of the structure of the body. Make sure when you draw arms to remember the three main parts of the arm. The bicep and triceps area (Which is always the smallest part of the arm in length, not including elbow), the elbow decrease, and the increase from elbow to decrease to hands portion of the arm. Now, moving to the hands. The hands seem quite unrealistic. They are just pointing straight and doesn't seem to have the full flexibility hands have due to the small bone portions it has. Remember that when drawing hands, you need to make sure that they look flexible in a realistic way. A good example to use is to your own hand. Usually when I get stuck on a hand, I will look at my own hand and imitate it to see how I could draw it. As for the clothes you draw, they are nice, but the folding seems really off. In fact, they just seem like lines, which they basically are. Now, folding isn't easy by all means, I had trouble with it my first few attempts at raw drawings (My original work). Foldings really has no plan of such sort except to remember the point at where the clothes are being held at, for an example is a pin holding up some portion of a dress. When you have something like my example, make sure your fold lead up to that pin so most folds will appear around it and under it, but mostly under it. As for drawing the folds, it is quite hard to imitate folds on your own clothes, but its good practice and a good source of how a realistic fold should be. I'll tell you something I usually do in my drawings is add kinda like a "U" shaped fold side ways for sides and regularly for when clothes is descending. I can't really help you much on clothes anymore since I'm still not too great at it. Now the last part is the legs. When you draw a female body, usually, their body begins to shrink a tiny bit when it comes to the stomach area and then gets larger at around the butt area but then continues to shrink as you move onto the legs. I am not sure if it is just the clothes that is making her leg seem big, but if you were to draw legs, especially females, they should be becoming smaller. Now I just saw your more recent pictures and I think you get the idea, but make sure that the body and bottom portions of it all connect to each other correctly and realistically.

Lol, I think I've said way too much then I intended. Well, I hope that helps in some way and good luck on your project.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Donovon-Bozu
Fan
Fan
Donovon-Bozu

PostSubject: Re: -RATE MY CRAPPY DOODLES-   -RATE MY CRAPPY DOODLES- I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 21, 2008 2:33 pm

The only reason her arms are big is because she has puffy sleeves...but otherwise, you have good advice... Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
AnimeLunatic
Fan
Fan
AnimeLunatic

PostSubject: Re: -RATE MY CRAPPY DOODLES-   -RATE MY CRAPPY DOODLES- I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 21, 2008 2:35 pm

Donovon-Bozu wrote:
The only reason her arms are big is because she has puffy sleeves...but otherwise, you have good advice... Very Happy
Really? Then why did it seem like you were making them see though? XD
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Donovon-Bozu
Fan
Fan
Donovon-Bozu

PostSubject: Re: -RATE MY CRAPPY DOODLES-   -RATE MY CRAPPY DOODLES- I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 21, 2008 2:36 pm

no they are see-through, the sleeves themselves are puffy...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
AnimeLunatic
Fan
Fan
AnimeLunatic

PostSubject: Re: -RATE MY CRAPPY DOODLES-   -RATE MY CRAPPY DOODLES- I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 21, 2008 2:38 pm

Oh I think I see what you're getting at. I thought they were arms themselves because they were see though but really they are just sleeves. The thing that just threw me off was that you didn't add her arms inside to indicate they were sleeves.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Donovon-Bozu
Fan
Fan
Donovon-Bozu

PostSubject: Re: -RATE MY CRAPPY DOODLES-   -RATE MY CRAPPY DOODLES- I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 21, 2008 2:49 pm

well... Very Happy ...it's still a work in progress...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DaAmainator
Fan
Fan
DaAmainator

Number of posts : 312

PostSubject: Re: -RATE MY CRAPPY DOODLES-   -RATE MY CRAPPY DOODLES- I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 29, 2008 12:45 pm

Donovon-Bozu wrote:

-RATE MY CRAPPY DOODLES- Et
a cancelled character back when the game was originally going to be more anime style

Surprised
Okay, you've GOT to expose more since the video game is on hiatus. Your color? Magnificent!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: -RATE MY CRAPPY DOODLES-   -RATE MY CRAPPY DOODLES- I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

-RATE MY CRAPPY DOODLES-
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Hikki Station Forums :: General :: Creations-
Jump to: