HomeHome  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  Return to Hikki StationReturn to Hikki Station  

Buzzworthy?

Go down 
AuthorMessage
raul27
Fan
Fan

Number of posts : 79
Registration date : 2008-05-25

Buzzworthy? Empty
PostSubject: Buzzworthy?   Buzzworthy? I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 24, 2008 2:25 pm

something that ruined my day Mad

http://buzzworthy.mtv.com/2008/06/17/happy-birthday-made-wtf-video-utada-you-make-me-want-to-be-a-man

Note from Sanosuke: Please remain calm. Discuss about this calmly. Otherwise, if things get out of hand, I will lock this thread.
Back to top Go down
View user profile https://www.youtube.com/raulxhikki
Sanosuke
Top Admin
Top Admin
Sanosuke

Number of posts : 210
Registration date : 2008-05-22

Buzzworthy? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Buzzworthy?   Buzzworthy? I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 24, 2008 4:18 pm

I've said this a couple of times in other places.

The person who made the blog post simply didn't know what they were talking about. As her fans, I think we should consider it as a good laugh. There's no need to go all berserk just because this person said some negative things about Utada.

Donovon-Bozu
Fan
Fan
Donovon-Bozu

Number of posts : 274
Registration date : 2008-05-28

Buzzworthy? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Buzzworthy?   Buzzworthy? I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 24, 2008 4:29 pm

I...NEED...TO...BLOW OFF......SOME...St-...STEAM...RIGHT NOW...SO... bom

Mad Mad Mad Evil or Very Mad AHHH!!

(i'm mad. so...very...mad...right now...)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
yurilovesutada
yurilovesutada

Number of posts : 20
Registration date : 2008-06-09

Buzzworthy? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Buzzworthy?   Buzzworthy? I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 24, 2008 4:42 pm

I get what Sano is saying but...omg am i pissed.
That was so insulting not only to her but to her fans!
That insulted me sooo much.
That person REALLY needs to get there facts straight.
Its a good thing most of the comments on that blog were defending Utada!
Pshhh another of the million reasons why i despise MTV.
Mad
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Nintendofanboy
Fan
Fan
Nintendofanboy

Number of posts : 153
Registration date : 2008-05-24

Buzzworthy? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Buzzworthy?   Buzzworthy? I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 24, 2008 6:36 pm

WAIT MTV still exists? I thought they like, crashed and burned after airing those horrible reality shows and barely airs music.
Back to top Go down
View user profile https://www.youtube.com/user/Mario1242
soilman
soilman

Number of posts : 20
Registration date : 2008-06-07

Buzzworthy? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Buzzworthy?   Buzzworthy? I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 24, 2008 7:09 pm

This article seems to be a waste of net space, the author clearly has nothing to say and is just trying to sound clever. All it displays is a breathtaking lack of knowledge concerning Hikaru Utada, especially if this is some kind of official mtv blog. Surely anyone over the age of three has sufficient intelligence to grasp the meaning of the lyrics in You make me want to be a man! As for Hikki's life resembling the "combined plots of an entire day’s worth of Lifetime movies", what on earth are they talking about?

Oh well, some say any publicity is good publicity. If this reaction of one chap in the comments section "OMG! wikipedia says that the song was released in 2004. How did i not know about this awesome chick?!" is anything to go by, all this article has achieved is to increase Hikaru's fanbase.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rather Hazy
Fan
Fan
Rather Hazy

Number of posts : 137

Buzzworthy? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Buzzworthy?   Buzzworthy? I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 24, 2008 7:33 pm

It's nothing to get that upset over, it's an idiot on the internet representing a company that I personally have very little regard for anyway.

Anyone who forms their opinion on someone based on what just one other blogger says is an idiot and really I'm not losing sleep about those people being turned off from Utada.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
questionsmakemeblue
Fan
Fan
questionsmakemeblue

Number of posts : 50
Registration date : 2008-06-08

Buzzworthy? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Buzzworthy?   Buzzworthy? I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 24, 2008 9:08 pm

Actually someone who commented didnt know who Utada was but they heard the song and liked her, So in the end I think it sort of helped.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
theara
Fan
Fan
theara

Number of posts : 72

Buzzworthy? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Buzzworthy?   Buzzworthy? I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 24, 2008 10:00 pm

Even though the blog is on mtv's website, doesn't mean it is MTV's opinion. There are other blogs on mtv that say things against MTV. There are blogs for shows that question if producers are rigging shows for ratings.

I don't know how these people become official bloggers for MTV. At least they are getting some recognition for it
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://digg.com/
Prisoner of Hikki
Fan
Fan
Prisoner of Hikki

Number of posts : 141

Buzzworthy? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Buzzworthy?   Buzzworthy? I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 25, 2008 12:23 am

Damn... Another waste of internet space... Luckily the people commenting are sensible, unlike the author. Why does s/he even bother though? It's not like people who don't like Utada are going to be reading a post about her.

I think the internet should be limited to sensible people XD
Back to top Go down
View user profile
kayoko
Fan
Fan
kayoko

Number of posts : 89
Registration date : 2008-05-27

Buzzworthy? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Buzzworthy?   Buzzworthy? I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 25, 2008 11:01 pm

well...that guy is a retard...of course he's never heard of him...he isnt normal..its pretty obvious after reading that...and he calls himself a man..he sees the title of a song and immediately thinks..ah! this girl hates being a girl thus this title...get the facts together bro...youre nowhere near being right...her life story is compared to plots of lifetime movies...screw you...what a shame that guy...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DaAmainator
Fan
Fan
DaAmainator

Number of posts : 312

Buzzworthy? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Buzzworthy?   Buzzworthy? I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 26, 2008 10:35 pm

*sighs*
Guys, if you really look at it, Utada's lyrics are a bit easy to make fun of, especially her English ones. I think it's honorable that we, as her fans, respect her lyrics and song-structure not matter what. But, you've got to admit, "You Make Me Want To Be A Man" as a title? "Easy Breezy". This is why so many people are pushing for a better second English album.

You noticed the person didn't make fun of any of her Japanese stuff.... whether knowing about it or not....
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Prisoner of Hikki
Fan
Fan
Prisoner of Hikki

Buzzworthy? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Buzzworthy?   Buzzworthy? I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 26, 2008 11:37 pm

DaAmainator wrote:
*sighs*
Guys, if you really look at it, Utada's lyrics are a bit easy to make fun of, especially her English ones. I think it's honorable that we, as her fans, respect her lyrics and song-structure not matter what. But, you've got to admit, "You Make Me Want To Be A Man" as a title? "Easy Breezy". This is why so many people are pushing for a better second English album.

True, It's too bad that Exodus is more of a "true fans only album" and other people can't really understand it. Hopefully the next album is going to be something new listeners can appreciate.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Donovon-Bozu
Fan
Fan
Donovon-Bozu

Number of posts : 274
Registration date : 2008-05-28

Buzzworthy? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Buzzworthy?   Buzzworthy? I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 27, 2008 9:08 am

^Really? I'm thirteen, and I understood it fine. Most of what she sang in her lyrics made sense to me. A lot of them were metaphors. "You Make Me Want To Be A Man" may sound transsexual, but when you look at it, it's your own fault for thinking that. The song's title is "You Make Me Want To Be A Man," not "I Want To Be A Man," or "I Want To Switch Genders." Just because she's saying "You Make Me Want To Be A Man" doesn't mean she wants her boobs strapped down and she's going to get a penis...Neutral
People just assume things like that because of our "WONDERFUL AMERICAN CULTURE WHERE PEOPLE JUST ASSUME THINGS THEY CAN MAKE FUN OF! YAY!" Neutral
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rather Hazy
Fan
Fan
Rather Hazy

Number of posts : 137

Buzzworthy? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Buzzworthy?   Buzzworthy? I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 27, 2008 9:35 am

I thought You Make Me Want To Be A Man was fine too. The first time you listen to the lyrics and hear what the song is about it makes perfect sense and is completely natural. It's certainly unusual, and I love that, it's sad when people can't look past the title when it's really a good song.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Prisoner of Hikki
Fan
Fan
Prisoner of Hikki

Buzzworthy? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Buzzworthy?   Buzzworthy? I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 29, 2008 10:09 pm

Donovon-Bozu wrote:
^Really? I'm thirteen, and I understood it fine.

That means you're a true fan Very Happy

It's a shame some people look at a title and think it means everything. YMMWTBAM is really about how there are differences between genders, and how Hikki wants to get over that barrier so someone can understand her... Only if the song's called "You Make Me Want To Be Transgender" then we can start worrying Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

Buzzworthy? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Buzzworthy?   Buzzworthy? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Buzzworthy?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Hikki Station Forums :: Utada Hikaru :: Discussion | Questions-
Jump to: