HomeHome  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  Return to Hikki StationReturn to Hikki Station  

ayaka, the new Utada?

Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Hikkifan34
Fan
Fan
Hikkifan34

Number of posts : 58
Registration date : 2008-05-24

ayaka, the new Utada? Empty
PostSubject: ayaka, the new Utada?   ayaka, the new Utada? I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 25, 2008 3:20 pm

Some people say shes the next Hikaru I fail to see it thoughts guy?

Sano: Moved to Other Artists.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.crystal-utada.net
WatashiNoItami
Fan
Fan
WatashiNoItami

Number of posts : 151

PostSubject: Re: ayaka, the new Utada?   ayaka, the new Utada? I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 25, 2008 5:43 pm

I totally agree. I heard some of her covers from Utada and I mean Utada's songs are just not suitable for her. Actually Utada's style is just not suitable for her. I mean I like her originally songs but her covering Utada is just horrible. O_O I dont mean it in any harm to her fans 'cause I know she tried but again, just not for her
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.freewebs.com/horonigai/
Nintendofanboy
Fan
Fan
Nintendofanboy

Number of posts : 153

PostSubject: Re: ayaka, the new Utada?   ayaka, the new Utada? I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 25, 2008 5:53 pm

Who's Ayaka?
Back to top Go down
View user profile https://www.youtube.com/user/Mario1242
Sanosuke
Top Admin
Top Admin
Sanosuke

Number of posts : 210
Registration date : 2008-05-22

PostSubject: Re: ayaka, the new Utada?   ayaka, the new Utada? I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 25, 2008 5:57 pm

ayaka (絢香) is a solo Warner Music Japan artist who debuted in 2006 with the ballad I believe, which was used as the drama Rondo's theme song. This single reached #3, making it the highest debut single rank reached by a female singer/songwriter since Utada Hikaru's Automatic / Time Will Tell in 1998. Her album First Message also came in #1 on the World Charts.

Source: Wiki.Theppn

Donovon-Bozu
Fan
Fan
Donovon-Bozu

Number of posts : 274
Registration date : 2008-05-28

PostSubject: Re: ayaka, the new Utada?   ayaka, the new Utada? I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 25, 2008 6:00 pm

I tried to get into her, I just don't like her voice... Neutral
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sanosuke
Top Admin
Top Admin
Sanosuke

Number of posts : 210
Registration date : 2008-05-22

PostSubject: Re: ayaka, the new Utada?   ayaka, the new Utada? I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 25, 2008 6:10 pm

Donovon-Bozu wrote:
I tried to get into her, I just don't like her voice... Neutral

Unfortunately, I have to agree. There are only a few songs from her that I enjoy listening to. I think her voice is too powerful for me.

Great new artist, just not for me.

Donovon-Bozu
Fan
Fan
Donovon-Bozu

PostSubject: Re: ayaka, the new Utada?   ayaka, the new Utada? I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 25, 2008 6:28 pm

Ayaka's song, 手をつなごう, will be featured in the fourth Shrek movie...? Maybe this will increase J-Pop's popularity...?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Amai Wana
Fan
Fan

Number of posts : 256
Registration date : 2008-05-25

PostSubject: Re: ayaka, the new Utada?   ayaka, the new Utada? I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 25, 2008 7:03 pm

well that's weird...
what a strange combo - ayaka + Shrek?
Is there a link / source for this info???

As to her voice, I didn't exactly feel it on First Message when I first heard her but I still kept an eye out and she hooked me with CLAP & LOVE / Why. If you guys just aren't feeling her then that's okay but if you haven't heard Sing to the Sky, then you should give it a try cause it's a much better step up from First Message. Or you can check out my blog and see some tracks to look out for Smile

Sing to the Sky

- it's actually a really good album so I would recommend checking it out even if you didn't like First Message
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://amaiwana.wordpress.com/
Donovon-Bozu
Fan
Fan
Donovon-Bozu

PostSubject: Re: ayaka, the new Utada?   ayaka, the new Utada? I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 25, 2008 7:32 pm

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Te_o_Tsunag%C5%8D_/_Ai_o_Uta%C5%8D

That's the only place but I've typed keywords into Google and some people are buzzing about it. It could just be a rumor, though.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Hikkifan34
Fan
Fan
Hikkifan34

PostSubject: Re: ayaka, the new Utada?   ayaka, the new Utada? I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 25, 2008 7:42 pm

I really donr think shes anywhere near Utadas level
Back to top Go down
Amai Wana
Fan
Fan

PostSubject: Re: ayaka, the new Utada?   ayaka, the new Utada? I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 25, 2008 8:28 pm

I don't think it's about going near anyone's level cause they are two totally different artists
as for Shrek, I think it's a rumor. Having an old single be used for a movie that isn't out yet...that's kinda weird.
Back to top Go down
Donovon-Bozu
Fan
Fan
Donovon-Bozu

PostSubject: Re: ayaka, the new Utada?   ayaka, the new Utada? I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 25, 2008 8:42 pm

Yeah, but it could just be a part of the soundtrack.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Amai Wana
Fan
Fan

PostSubject: Re: ayaka, the new Utada?   ayaka, the new Utada? I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 25, 2008 8:56 pm

yeah, but I feel like if ayaka were to participate in the movie, she would've at least done a new song...
and for American audiences instead of like a Japanese release of the movie? That just seems weird to me
Back to top Go down
Donovon-Bozu
Fan
Fan
Donovon-Bozu

PostSubject: Re: ayaka, the new Utada?   ayaka, the new Utada? I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 25, 2008 9:07 pm

...who knows...? Very Happy

...some speculate she may sing in English...

^But I see where you're coming from...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Prisoner of Hikki
Fan
Fan
Prisoner of Hikki

Number of posts : 141

PostSubject: Re: ayaka, the new Utada?   ayaka, the new Utada? I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 25, 2008 9:51 pm

I don't think people are comparing her to Utada because of her voice or style, but because of her great sales Neutral Too bad, it would have been cool to have two Hikki's XD
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Hikkifan34
Fan
Fan
Hikkifan34

PostSubject: Re: ayaka, the new Utada?   ayaka, the new Utada? I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 25, 2008 9:58 pm

No it wouldn't
Back to top Go down
Donovon-Bozu
Fan
Fan
Donovon-Bozu

PostSubject: Re: ayaka, the new Utada?   ayaka, the new Utada? I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 25, 2008 9:58 pm

I don't think that's possible. There can only be one Hikki! Hit it, Ayu!

*1 LOVE starts playing, Ayu sings:

~JUST 1 HIKKI!~
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Prisoner of Hikki
Fan
Fan
Prisoner of Hikki

Number of posts : 141

PostSubject: Re: ayaka, the new Utada?   ayaka, the new Utada? I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 25, 2008 11:01 pm

Donovon-Bozu wrote:
I don't think that's possible. There can only be one Hikki! Hit it, Ayu!

*1 LOVE starts playing, Ayu sings:

~JUST 1 HIKKI!~

That picture is now stuck in my head XD
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Donovon-Bozu
Fan
Fan
Donovon-Bozu

PostSubject: Re: ayaka, the new Utada?   ayaka, the new Utada? I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 25, 2008 11:04 pm

And she's in her outfit from the 1 LOVE PV as well...heh heh...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Amai Wana
Fan
Fan

PostSubject: Re: ayaka, the new Utada?   ayaka, the new Utada? I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 26, 2008 12:05 am

yeah ya never though so thanks for the heads-up Donovon-Bozu!!!
ayaka isn't the next Hikki that's true cause I feel like there's only 1 Hikki but hey ayaka isn't someone who is worth just forgetting about. She's a great singer!!!

And I agree that sales are the things drawing the comparisons. Especially "the highest debut single rank reached by a female singer/songwriter since Utada Hikaru's Automatic / Time Will Tell"

Her name being there and being as big as it is, makes people draw the comparison I guess...

Go ayaka!!!!
Back to top Go down
yurilovesutada
yurilovesutada

Number of posts : 20
Registration date : 2008-06-09

PostSubject: Re: ayaka, the new Utada?   ayaka, the new Utada? I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 27, 2008 12:08 am

Actually, i really like Ayaka.
I agree with Prisoner of Hikki, they're comparing her as the next Hikki from her sales.
They both have two totally different singing styles.
Other than that though i do think she looks like Hikki when she had her long hair Smile
But that's just my opinion.
My two favorite songs from her are Real Voice and Mikazuki you should check them out Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Amai Wana
Fan
Fan

PostSubject: Re: ayaka, the new Utada?   ayaka, the new Utada? I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 27, 2008 12:20 am

her new album has some solid material that you should check out too if you haven't heard from her. IMO, it's a big step up from First Message!
Back to top Go down
chocolate-cravings
chocolate-cravings

Number of posts : 10
Registration date : 2008-06-09

PostSubject: Re: ayaka, the new Utada?   ayaka, the new Utada? I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 27, 2008 1:11 am

WatashiNoItami wrote:
I totally agree. I heard some of her covers from Utada and I mean Utada's songs are just not suitable for her. Actually Utada's style is just not suitable for her. I mean I like her originally songs but her covering Utada is just horrible. O_O I dont mean it in any harm to her fans 'cause I know she tried but again, just not for her
ayaka covering Utada? I never heard about that! Which Utada's songs she sang? (and where??)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
questionsmakemeblue
Fan
Fan
questionsmakemeblue

Number of posts : 50
Registration date : 2008-06-08

PostSubject: Re: ayaka, the new Utada?   ayaka, the new Utada? I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 28, 2008 8:25 pm

I like her new Album "Sing to the Sky"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Blue
Fan
Fan
Blue

Number of posts : 83
Registration date : 2008-05-26

PostSubject: Re: ayaka, the new Utada?   ayaka, the new Utada? I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 29, 2008 1:25 am

I don't think that when it was said "Ayaka is the next Hikki" that it meant literally. Listening to both, their voices are very different. Both have powerful voices. Both have very different styles too.

Ayaka is compared to Hikki as in the way of being a musical genius. Both write their own music & lyrics. Both of their songs can be instantly identified easily due to their powerful vocals. There would never be mistaking these artists for anyone else or anyone else for them. Ayaka's success is compared to Hikki's as in how Ayaka's single "I believe" Debuted high in the Oricon charts & that hasn't been seen by a debut artist since Hikki's Automatic / Time Will Tell. Not to mention how Ayaka's first album sold over 1 million & again it's not often seen by a debut artist. I'd have to research to see who the last debut artist was who sold over 1 million. Anyhow I'm not here to show off Ayaka or compare Hikki to anyone.

I admit I love Ayaka <3 There's not a song I don't love by her. But I love Hikki just as much. Both are brilliant, but very different. When comparing them all I can say is they're very different yet similiar in the way that ----- I can't think of an artist more original than the two of them. They don't need flashy gimmicks or clothes to sell their cds. Simply the music sells itself. They write brilliant compositions and their lyrics are amazing <3 There style is their own.

Interesting Topic btw. I haven't seen many forums take on this discussion Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: ayaka, the new Utada?   ayaka, the new Utada? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

ayaka, the new Utada?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Hikki Station Forums :: General :: Other Music-
Jump to: