HomeHome  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  Return to Hikki StationReturn to Hikki Station  

sports

Go down 
AuthorMessage
kayoko
Fan
Fan
kayoko

Number of posts : 89
Registration date : 2008-05-27

sports Empty
PostSubject: sports   sports I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 28, 2008 11:06 pm

whats a forum with users in it without the talk of sports?...talk about it all in here...soccer...football...baseball...tennis... basketball...hockey...swimming...etc...whatever catches your interests..i'll start...anybody watching euros tomorrow..spain is playing germany...it should be a great game...spain runs with fabby, xavi, and iniesta at midfield again im sure...and with ballack doubtful in tomorrows game..frings has too much to handle alone at the holding spot...i call spain to win 2-1...podolski won't let germany go down without a fight...but fernando torres, david villa and spain's midfield prove too much for germany's towering central back line as shots come often for the spaniards and wears down on jens lehmann...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Donovon-Bozu
Fan
Fan
Donovon-Bozu

Number of posts : 274
Registration date : 2008-05-28

sports Empty
PostSubject: Re: sports   sports I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 28, 2008 11:17 pm

I hate sports...I respect sports players and such, but I hate physical exercise. I'm sorry LOL.

Just my two cents. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
theara
Fan
Fan
theara

Number of posts : 72
Registration date : 2008-05-24

sports Empty
PostSubject: Re: sports   sports I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 29, 2008 2:09 pm

I'm a big sports fan. I live in the U.S. so I'm a big American Football and Basketball fan. I also love tennis and recently got into baseball and soccer.

As for Euro 2008, I'll root for Spain since Germany annoys me for some reason. I was rooting for The Netherlands but they are not in it anymore.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://digg.com/
DaAmainator
Fan
Fan
DaAmainator

Number of posts : 312

sports Empty
PostSubject: Re: sports   sports I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 29, 2008 3:17 pm

FOOOTBALLLL!! Fun to watch.
I have a love/hate relationship toward running. I need physical exercise or else eating doesn't feel right.
I'm sort of obsessive like that. Burning calories is mostly why I do sports.

Oh... American obesity/anorexia (not me, but I'm just sayin'... it's probably what has me doing it)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
kayoko
Fan
Fan
kayoko

sports Empty
PostSubject: Re: sports   sports I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 30, 2008 10:18 pm

well i do sports..well only soccer because its my passion...my favorite thing other than video gaming..lol...i try to practice as often as i can so i can be good and do some organized competition...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sanosuke
Top Admin
Top Admin
Sanosuke

Number of posts : 210
Registration date : 2008-05-22

sports Empty
PostSubject: Re: sports   sports I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 01, 2008 1:10 pm

I've been working out 4 hours a day at a nearby college. We do a mile-jog every morning, and then we just work out. I play basketball & soccer frequently, though I don't join any type of teams.

Only sports that I'll watch on television will be basketball, football, and soccer. Sports that I hate watching are golf & baseball.

DaAmainator
Fan
Fan
DaAmainator

sports Empty
PostSubject: Re: sports   sports I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 01, 2008 1:37 pm

Hey! Just want to make a note for all you hard workers out there: remember that sports require a mandatory day of rest. Don't want to work too hard or your performance will be impaired!

I've seen so many people who make this mistake.....
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sanosuke
Top Admin
Top Admin
Sanosuke

sports Empty
PostSubject: Re: sports   sports I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 01, 2008 1:45 pm

DaAmainator wrote:
Hey! Just want to make a note for all you hard workers out there: remember that sports require a mandatory day of rest. Don't want to work too hard or your performance will be impaired!

I've seen so many people who make this mistake.....

Yes.

Muscle training is recommended 2-3 days with a day off between them.
Cardio training is 3-5 days for 20-30 minutes, and flexibility can be done all 7 days of the week if you like. Wink

kayoko
Fan
Fan
kayoko

sports Empty
PostSubject: Re: sports   sports I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 04, 2008 5:48 pm

flexibilty...ah i hate stretching...its the most painful thing in the world...yea it helps significantly to performance in sports...i have to do it eveyday to keep me stretchy...if i dont do it one day...i'll realize how a day is like without the pain and i wont do it for a period of time...then when i start again...my gosh...lol
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lucy Ford
Lucy Ford

Number of posts : 13
Registration date : 2008-07-03

sports Empty
PostSubject: Re: sports   sports I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 04, 2008 6:36 pm

Stretching, painful? It should be quite the opposite if I'm not mistaken haha. I stretch daily as I do Yoga, does wonders for you - mentally and physically.

I really prefer the abstract kind of exercising, if you can call it that, to regular sports. I joined my HS soccer team for senior year - really not as fulfilling; good times though. I wanted to start Aikido this summer, but I don't have the money for the lessons, so much for that hehe. XD
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DaAmainator
Fan
Fan
DaAmainator

sports Empty
PostSubject: Re: sports   sports I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 04, 2008 7:26 pm

Yoga is my favorite of all workouts! It's peaceful (no wonder Hikki likes it so much!!) I'm not at all flexible, but, as Sano said, one is totally able to stretch every day. Also, breathing exercises help me sleep and are a very good cool-down and also get your cardio going better. After all, breathing capacity is a skill learned.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sanosuke
Top Admin
Top Admin
Sanosuke

sports Empty
PostSubject: Re: sports   sports I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 04, 2008 8:07 pm

I actually tried out yoga for the first time in my aerobics class. It's not bad, but I don't find it too exciting. I need to feel "energized" if you know what I mean. Ha ha.

Lucy Ford
Lucy Ford

Number of posts : 13
Registration date : 2008-07-03

sports Empty
PostSubject: Re: sports   sports I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 04, 2008 9:55 pm

I follow a Yoga-cardio fusion workout, and, as compared to the more traditional practicing, it is much more exciting. The transition from concrete poses to brisk movement and back makes it really exhilarating, I think; and you feel more rewarded when you close the workout because of it. But to each his own, I suppose. XP
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rather Hazy
Fan
Fan
Rather Hazy

Number of posts : 137

sports Empty
PostSubject: Re: sports   sports I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 05, 2008 5:56 am

I don't like watching sport much, only if there's an important rugby league game on and even then only with other people and I'm still not that interested. As for participating in myself, I hate most team sports, I don't like having people rely on me because I'm a pretty crappy athlete. My favourites are tennis and badminton, although I don't get to play these very often, it's hard to get people to do it with. I don't mind cricket and baseball either but again, you need a whole team.

Most of all I love to swim though, not really in a sporty way but it's good exercise. It being winter now though and a particularly cold one it's far too cold, I can't wait for spring.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DaAmainator
Fan
Fan
DaAmainator

sports Empty
PostSubject: Re: sports   sports I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 05, 2008 10:14 am

Oh, lol, it's summer here and a prime time for swimming! You should join an indoor pool facility or something (do you guys have them in Australia? I don't see why not...) My friends who have joined love it it and go there all the time.

Haha; yeah, I know what you mean Sano. I usually do it a little while after my runs so I'm energized and then I cool down with a couple sun salutations. (Plus, I love all the names of the poses and exercises! Down-dog, low plank...)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rather Hazy
Fan
Fan
Rather Hazy

Number of posts : 137

sports Empty
PostSubject: Re: sports   sports I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 05, 2008 4:19 pm

When I used to live down south in a cold, inland city almost all the pools were indoor ones and I used to swim all year round. The problem now is that I live in Australia's equivalent of Miami and the indoor pools are pretty few and far between, because usually for most of the year people are fine with the outdoor ones. How ironic!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
soilman
soilman

Number of posts : 20
Registration date : 2008-06-07

sports Empty
PostSubject: Re: sports   sports I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 05, 2008 5:20 pm

The only exercise I get is my daily walk to work and back. The morning stroll is usually conducted at a brisk pace as I'm nearly always running late.

As for spectating there is no finer sport than rugby union, I need hardly point out that Scotland are the finest team in the world. Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Nintendofanboy
Fan
Fan
Nintendofanboy

Number of posts : 153

sports Empty
PostSubject: Re: sports   sports I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 05, 2008 9:14 pm

I'm really really lazy, I don't like sports, I don't like to watch it either. But if you play sports I don't mind, do what you love. But I do enjoy some yoga.
Back to top Go down
View user profile https://www.youtube.com/user/Mario1242
DaAmainator
Fan
Fan
DaAmainator

sports Empty
PostSubject: Re: sports   sports I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 05, 2008 11:12 pm

Well, I don't know what anyone says, but my view is that football is a way better spectator's sport than baseball. Totally off subject but on topic (yes, I believe that makes sense...)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
WatashiNoItami
Fan
Fan
WatashiNoItami

Number of posts : 151

sports Empty
PostSubject: Re: sports   sports I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 11, 2008 2:28 am

DaAmainator wrote:
Well, I don't know what anyone says, but my view is that football is a way better spectator's sport than baseball. Totally off subject but on topic (yes, I believe that makes sense...)

I totally agree. And basketball too. But that's only around my area I guess. XDD I don't like sports nor do I hate them. Know what i mean? Sometimes I just feel like doing nothing but sometimes I have the energy to... It's fun when it's not serious or when there's no pressure at all.

(Going off topic...>.<) NO ONE INTERESTED IN BASKETBALL? Damn. o-o I don't love it but it's fun. A bit tiring at the end but still fun. XDD It's the reason why I haven't been on Hikki Station a while. It's hard to, practice then next day game then next day practice and then game next day with 3 days of rest and it begins again. A bit nerve-wrecking but that's probably 'cause I'm still a bit new w/ playing seriously.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.freewebs.com/horonigai/
theara
Fan
Fan
theara

Number of posts : 72

sports Empty
PostSubject: Re: sports   sports I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 11, 2008 3:24 am

WatashiNoItami wrote:
DaAmainator wrote:

I totally agree. And basketball too. But that's only around my area I guess. XDD I don't like sports nor do I hate them. Know what i mean? Sometimes I just feel like doing nothing but sometimes I have the energy to... It's fun when it's not serious or when there's no pressure at all.

(Going off topic...>.<) NO ONE INTERESTED IN BASKETBALL? Damn. o-o I don't love it but it's fun. A bit tiring at the end but still fun. XDD It's the reason why I haven't been on Hikki Station a while. It's hard to, practice then next day game then next day practice and then game next day with 3 days of rest and it begins again. A bit nerve-wrecking but that's probably 'cause I'm still a bit new w/ playing seriously.

Um, I played basketball throughout high school. I love it, it is my first love (sport that is). I don't play much now, but I miss practice and the games.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://digg.com/
blue42
Fan
Fan
blue42

Number of posts : 60

sports Empty
PostSubject: Re: sports   sports I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 19, 2008 11:54 pm

I guess I'm the only one in a wrestling team? :?
Hah.
Well, I also swim and lift weights.
You burn a lot of calories, ;D
Back to top Go down
View user profile
WatashiNoItami
Fan
Fan
WatashiNoItami

Number of posts : 151

sports Empty
PostSubject: Re: sports   sports I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 21, 2008 4:10 pm

I wanted to join my school's wrestling team since it's coed but sadly they don't have a coach for it anymore so it's not an option for me anymore. D=
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.freewebs.com/horonigai/
Sponsored content

sports Empty
PostSubject: Re: sports   sports I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

sports
Page 1 of 1