HomeHome  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  Return to Hikki StationReturn to Hikki Station  

About her and New York...

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Grotesko

Number of posts : 6
Registration date : 2008-05-24

About her and New York... Empty
PostSubject: About her and New York...   About her and New York... I_icon_minitimeSat May 24, 2008 1:07 pm

Why does she have to go to New York to record it? She can't record in Tokyo? Even so, I hope she does come to NY, I live in the city and will find her this time haha.

When do you think she'll be back and for how long?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
theara
Fan
Fan
theara

Number of posts : 72

PostSubject: Re: About her and New York...   About her and New York... I_icon_minitimeSat May 24, 2008 1:26 pm

Is she still with Island Def Jam? If so, she could be visiting their offices.

I hope she stays for a couple of weeks at a time, just so we can have hope of bumping into her. Laughing
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://digg.com/
AyUta
AyUta

Number of posts : 40

PostSubject: Re: About her and New York...   About her and New York... I_icon_minitimeSat May 24, 2008 2:58 pm

Yup! She's still with Island Def Jam. That's why she has to go to NY to record her English material. Hopefully she'll do a world wide tour and come to CA! No big artists ever come to CA. Mostly they go to Sacramento lol.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rather Hazy
Fan
Fan
Rather Hazy

Number of posts : 137
Registration date : 2008-05-22

PostSubject: Re: About her and New York...   About her and New York... I_icon_minitimeSat May 24, 2008 5:16 pm

She probably could record it in Japan but maybe she just likes an excuse to go back to her other hometown. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sanosuke
Top Admin
Top Admin
Sanosuke

Number of posts : 210

PostSubject: Re: About her and New York...   About her and New York... I_icon_minitimeSat May 24, 2008 5:27 pm

She's likely to be in Japan right now, writing song lyrics and making music as she stated on her latest blog message. Then, she'll probably head back to NYC in June or so to show IDJ what she has.

DaAmainator
Fan
Fan
DaAmainator

Number of posts : 312

PostSubject: Re: About her and New York...   About her and New York... I_icon_minitimeSat May 24, 2008 8:19 pm

Meh, she has no reason to be in Japan. She mine as well get in the mood here. I hope she can stay focused so the album will be out. I'm glad she isn't going through the pre-album-release craziness she went through during Heart Station. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
davidteoh
davidteoh

Number of posts : 27

PostSubject: Re: About her and New York...   About her and New York... I_icon_minitimeSat May 24, 2008 11:42 pm

Haha..well i think she is in new york now..doing her best..i hope she will doing something greater than the song "1st love" Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Hikkifan34
Fan
Fan
Hikkifan34

Number of posts : 58

PostSubject: Re: About her and New York...   About her and New York... I_icon_minitimeSat May 24, 2008 11:51 pm

Is it possible to top first love??
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.crystal-utada.net
DSL5
Fan
Fan
DSL5

Number of posts : 87

PostSubject: Re: About her and New York...   About her and New York... I_icon_minitimeSun May 25, 2008 12:19 am

I really hope she's in New York City because I live near there.

Maybe if I go into the city, I'll bump into her....though it's not likely because of the its so busy there..
Back to top Go down
View user profile
hageshii_AME
hageshii_AME

Number of posts : 33
Registration date : 2008-05-25

PostSubject: Re: About her and New York...   About her and New York... I_icon_minitimeSun May 25, 2008 1:41 am

Yes... I remember she said before that she likes to walk in quieter places. (if my memory is correct.)

I found out that the week I went to japan, on that same day, she was in the same city as me. The same as New York.

So close, yet so far.

I'm sure she loves traveling anyways, and yes, Island's headquarters is there after all.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
pauloferreira
pauloferreira

Number of posts : 34

PostSubject: Re: About her and New York...   About her and New York... I_icon_minitimeSun May 25, 2008 10:17 am

I was seein', Island has a lot of big artists! So i remembered the logo of my Cranberries album, was Island too Razz

Well, I suppose that write and do English music might be at an English country, 'cos u can find more singers / composers with more facility, that ones that always help while an artist is creating a album.

Of course, Utada don't need those Twisted Evil , but to make her album more "kwnowed" across the world, she need to do some changes in music, but not leavin' the essence of it.

New York is a good place for it, 'cos it's the "Central" of some big Record Labels (Island of course) and THIS work can be better done than in Japan.

But we know, Utada is Utada... Whathever se does, is good Laughing
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.pauloferreira.uaivip.com.br
Gold_Station
Gold_Station

Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2008-05-26

PostSubject: Re: About her and New York...   About her and New York... I_icon_minitimeMon May 26, 2008 3:55 am

I wish I lived near NY, I live all the way down in friggin' Florida!>_<
Back to top Go down
View user profile
amorphose
amorphose

Number of posts : 9
Registration date : 2008-05-25

PostSubject: Re: About her and New York...   About her and New York... I_icon_minitimeMon May 26, 2008 11:18 am

I suppose it's more convenient for her to travel to New York and see the IDJ people rather than for them to send people to her. And also, once recording for the album starts, I'm sure the majority will be done in the US so she can work side by side with the producers again.

Some of Exodus was done in Miami, with Timbaland right?
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://myspace.com/amorphose
Skudder
Skudder

Number of posts : 29
Registration date : 2008-05-26

PostSubject: Re: About her and New York...   About her and New York... I_icon_minitimeTue May 27, 2008 12:31 pm

I wish I liked Hikki when I lived in New York, then I would've looked everywhere whenever I walked in Manhattan. Guess I was too young then to find my own music and my sister kept playing backstreet boys and spice girls in the car, uggh.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://ego-boundaries.blogspot.com/
Ela

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2008-05-27

PostSubject: Re: About her and New York...   About her and New York... I_icon_minitimeTue May 27, 2008 7:03 pm

It's funny that someone mentioned Hikki might be there in June since I'm going to go to Japan in June. (Waa >.<). We happen to have a friend, who has a relative that works at EMI and we were hoping to get a meet and greet. Sad
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sanosuke
Top Admin
Top Admin
Sanosuke

PostSubject: Re: About her and New York...   About her and New York... I_icon_minitimeTue May 27, 2008 7:05 pm

Well, she might be working here and there simultaneously so who knows...?

Oilyhead
Oilyhead

Number of posts : 6
Registration date : 2008-05-30

PostSubject: Re: About her and New York...   About her and New York... I_icon_minitimeFri May 30, 2008 12:09 pm

It's should be a good feeling that wake up in the morning
and know that Utada live in the same city,too sunny
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Amaterasu
Fan
Fan
Amaterasu

Number of posts : 107
Registration date : 2008-06-11

PostSubject: Re: About her and New York...   About her and New York... I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 11, 2008 12:55 pm

Ela wrote:
It's funny that someone mentioned Hikki might be there in June since I'm going to go to Japan in June. (Waa >.<). We happen to have a friend, who has a relative that works at EMI and we were hoping to get a meet and greet. Sad

Oooooh.. zaaaap.

Gash, I really feel for you. Chin up! There may be hope yet! Maybe your trip will coincide with her return to Japan.. perhaps maybe they'll be a delay in your trip, too!

I wonder how 'at home' Hikki feels in NYC. Yes, she was born there, but oftentimes I get the feeling that she's much, much more Japanese than American.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rather Hazy
Fan
Fan
Rather Hazy

PostSubject: Re: About her and New York...   About her and New York... I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 11, 2008 3:14 pm

From my observations she's always seemed more American than Japanese to me, although many of her blog entries are very Japanesey, I'm sure that working primarily in Japan for just about 10 years now would have done that. She has said once though that when she was growing up, NYC and Tokyo didn't seem like different places to her but that they were just like two extensions of the same place, or something like that, so I think that she would definitely feel at home in New York.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Amaterasu
Fan
Fan
Amaterasu

Number of posts : 107
Registration date : 2008-06-11

PostSubject: Re: About her and New York...   About her and New York... I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 11, 2008 4:51 pm

Hmmm. I do recall some words of her along the same ways. Perhaps it was an old interview that I came across some time ago, but she did mention that she felt very 50/50 over the NYC/Tokyo environment.

Even still, I have a feeling that she's very Japanese. She's chosen to marry a Japanese man, and has lived in Japan for god-knows-how-long. Her diet, lifestyle and culture is also very Japanese also. I can believe, however, that her musical tastes are likely incredibly western.

Does she have friends in NYC still? Or are they just passing aquiantances from when she actually lived there? Is NYC more of a 'visit' or a vacation spot than a second home? I'm inclined to think 'yes' on both accounts. Even when her butt is in the USA, her head will likely be in Japan - she's spent the vast majority of her life there, after all.

Mind you, if you're right - then I'd be a little more glad - she'd be a bit more like 'us' than 'them' (in an underrogatory sense). Perhaps she'll have an extended stay in the USA sometime. Perhaps one day, she'll focus on her US/English Albums moreso and become a little more mainstream.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sanosuke
Top Admin
Top Admin
Sanosuke

PostSubject: Re: About her and New York...   About her and New York... I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 11, 2008 5:34 pm

Amaterasu wrote:
Hmmm. I do recall some words of her along the same ways. Perhaps it was an old interview that I came across some time ago, but she did mention that she felt very 50/50 over the NYC/Tokyo environment.

Even still, I have a feeling that she's very Japanese. She's chosen to marry a Japanese man, and has lived in Japan for god-knows-how-long. Her diet, lifestyle and culture is also very Japanese also. I can believe, however, that her musical tastes are likely incredibly western.

Does she have friends in NYC still? Or are they just passing aquiantances from when she actually lived there? Is NYC more of a 'visit' or a vacation spot than a second home? I'm inclined to think 'yes' on both accounts. Even when her butt is in the USA, her head will likely be in Japan - she's spent the vast majority of her life there, after all.

Mind you, if you're right - then I'd be a little more glad - she'd be a bit more like 'us' than 'them' (in an underrogatory sense). Perhaps she'll have an extended stay in the USA sometime. Perhaps one day, she'll focus on her US/English Albums moreso and become a little more mainstream.

In my opinion, I feel like NYC is more of a visit to her than a home now. If you don't count her living here in the States during the Exodus era, she's been permanently living in Japan for more than 10 years now. What's interesting is whether she has dual citizenship (USA & Japan), since according to Japanese law, if you want to become a permanent resident there, you must lose any citizenships outside of Japan. I don't know if her celebrity status "allows" her to have dual citizenship or not, but I always wondered about that.

Just my two cents. Smile

Rather Hazy
Fan
Fan
Rather Hazy

PostSubject: Re: About her and New York...   About her and New York... I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 11, 2008 5:50 pm

On the other hand though, she went to university in New York for however long that ended up being too. And Kaz might have been Japanese but he's also spent a significant amount of time living in America too so I think that was a key point of them relating to each other.

In the beginning I would have said America over Japan for sure because she did record music in English before she even considered starting a Japanese career, but you can't deny that being a Japanese icon for 10 years hasn't changed things. I still think it's more of a 50/50 thing though. Who knows what the future will bring if she decides to take a break soon too.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: About her and New York...   About her and New York... I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

About her and New York...
Page 1 of 1