HomeHome  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  Return to Hikki StationReturn to Hikki Station  

Which Utada Album is your favorite?

Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next

First Love
Which Utada Album is your favorite? I_vote_lcap3%Which Utada Album is your favorite? I_vote_rcap
 3% [ 1 ]
Distance
Which Utada Album is your favorite? I_vote_lcap3%Which Utada Album is your favorite? I_vote_rcap
 3% [ 1 ]
Deep River
Which Utada Album is your favorite? I_vote_lcap29%Which Utada Album is your favorite? I_vote_rcap
 29% [ 10 ]
Exodus
Which Utada Album is your favorite? I_vote_lcap0%Which Utada Album is your favorite? I_vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Ultra Blue
Which Utada Album is your favorite? I_vote_lcap17%Which Utada Album is your favorite? I_vote_rcap
 17% [ 6 ]
Heart Station
Which Utada Album is your favorite? I_vote_lcap48%Which Utada Album is your favorite? I_vote_rcap
 48% [ 17 ]
Total Votes : 35

AuthorMessage
Nintendofanboy
Fan
Fan
Nintendofanboy

Number of posts : 153
Registration date : 2008-05-24

Which Utada Album is your favorite? Empty
PostSubject: Which Utada Album is your favorite?   Which Utada Album is your favorite? I_icon_minitimeSat May 24, 2008 3:35 pm

As we all know Utada makes some wonderful music, but which album holds most of your favorite songs? For me it has to be Ultra Blue. I love Be My Last, 誰かの願いが叶うころ (Dareka no Negai ga Kanau Koro), Blue, Colors, Keep Tryin', 日曜の朝 (Nichiyō no Asa), and Passion.
Back to top Go down
View user profile https://www.youtube.com/user/Mario1242
AyUta
AyUta

Number of posts : 40

PostSubject: Re: Which Utada Album is your favorite?   Which Utada Album is your favorite? I_icon_minitimeSat May 24, 2008 3:44 pm

Mine would have to be DEEP RIVER. I love that album.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rather Hazy
Fan
Fan
Rather Hazy

Number of posts : 137
Registration date : 2008-05-22

PostSubject: Re: Which Utada Album is your favorite?   Which Utada Album is your favorite? I_icon_minitimeSat May 24, 2008 5:27 pm

For me Exodus and Ultra Blue are equal favourites. When I have to vote I go for Ultra Blue, it gets points for being a bit more complex and innovative in the arrangements.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sanosuke
Top Admin
Top Admin
Sanosuke

Number of posts : 210

PostSubject: Re: Which Utada Album is your favorite?   Which Utada Album is your favorite? I_icon_minitimeSat May 24, 2008 5:29 pm

Definitely Deep River. It shows the diversity of what Utada can really do. R&B, rock, pop, et cetera. It has an amazing cover & booklet as well.

WatashiNoItami
Fan
Fan
WatashiNoItami

Number of posts : 151

PostSubject: Re: Which Utada Album is your favorite?   Which Utada Album is your favorite? I_icon_minitimeSat May 24, 2008 7:21 pm

I'm definitely torn between Ultra Blue, and Heart Station. Deep River was half and half. I really LOVED the songs Deep River, Traveling, SAKURA Drops, Hikari, FINAL DISTANCE and Uso Mitai na I Love You but the other half of the album took me a while to actually like it too. There were only a few songs that I actually liked on Distance also, so it wasn't anything special to me. Exodus had great music but most of the songs' lyrics on the album didn't stick to me much.

Ultra Blue was the one that REALLY got me into Utada A LOT. The songs on that album were mesmerizing. It gave a light feeling to me. But then when I listen to the whole Heart Station album, I really loved how it was simple yet complicated. The lyrics on these two albums were something that I can't describe but if I have to pick out of those two I think I'd choose Heart Station since I think she kinda went back and added some of her style back then and mixed it with her style now which didn't turn out bad! (sorry for that long explanation >O<)
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.freewebs.com/horonigai/
davidteoh
davidteoh

Number of posts : 27

PostSubject: Re: Which Utada Album is your favorite?   Which Utada Album is your favorite? I_icon_minitimeSat May 24, 2008 11:29 pm

Haha..I love both heart station and ultra blue..this were the 1st 2albums that i really like..
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Prisoner of Hikki
Fan
Fan
Prisoner of Hikki

Number of posts : 141

PostSubject: Re: Which Utada Album is your favorite?   Which Utada Album is your favorite? I_icon_minitimeSat May 24, 2008 11:48 pm

I chose HEART STATION, because I come to like Utada's work everytime time she releases something new... Strange pattern really XD

Still, DEEP RIVER and ULTRA BLUE are among my favorites. I liked every song on those albums, except for Kairo (apologizes to everyone who likes this song). In fact, Sakura drops from DEEP RIVER was the first song that got me interested in Utada and Jpop Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DSL5
Fan
Fan
DSL5

Number of posts : 87

PostSubject: Re: Which Utada Album is your favorite?   Which Utada Album is your favorite? I_icon_minitimeSun May 25, 2008 12:41 am

Hands down Deep River. Uso Mitai Na I Love You, Hikari, Tokyo Nights, Traveling, Sakura Droppsu, and Final Distance are some of my favorite Hikki songs!

Ultra Blue, Heart Station, and Exodus are awsome too, but I really like the stuff from Deep River.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
haatosuteishon
haatosuteishon

Number of posts : 11

PostSubject: Re: Which Utada Album is your favorite?   Which Utada Album is your favorite? I_icon_minitimeSun May 25, 2008 1:07 am

Can't I just vote for them all? Even so, HEART STATION is my favourite so far.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://laizenchi.blogspot.com
SuperKuman
SuperKuman

Number of posts : 24

PostSubject: Re: Which Utada Album is your favorite?   Which Utada Album is your favorite? I_icon_minitimeSun May 25, 2008 1:42 am

HEART STATION is something really fresh that I havent heard from Hikki before. It has slowly warmed my heart and grown on me like crazy I love you
Though I love ULTRA BLUE as much, it gave me a chilled cool vibe which doesnt help me keep on my pace (except Keep Tryin'). So I put it at 2nd place for the time being.

(Well if you don't count Exodus then ^^) the 3rd is Deep River, which I thought to be a 'roughly' mixed bag of her old and new style. This one feels like her most drastic transition. It could do without some of the R&B tracks like Purei booru, A.S.A.P or 東京Nights. I still don't get it for what Deep River is a majority's favorite. Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
View user profile
hageshii_AME
hageshii_AME

Number of posts : 33
Registration date : 2008-05-25

PostSubject: Re: Which Utada Album is your favorite?   Which Utada Album is your favorite? I_icon_minitimeSun May 25, 2008 1:43 am

I definitely can't choose between Deep River, ULTRA BLUE, and HEART STATION. All of them are just so unique in their flavors, there really shouldn't be a favorite! (In my eyes)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
raul27
Fan
Fan

Number of posts : 79

PostSubject: Re: Which Utada Album is your favorite?   Which Utada Album is your favorite? I_icon_minitimeSun May 25, 2008 4:28 am

First Love is the best!

Which Utada Album is your favorite? RaulxHikki
Back to top Go down
View user profile https://www.youtube.com/raulxhikki
HEART STATION
HEART STATION

Number of posts : 8

PostSubject: Re: Which Utada Album is your favorite?   Which Utada Album is your favorite? I_icon_minitimeSun May 25, 2008 12:03 pm

1 - DEEP RIVER
2 - ULTRA BLUE
3 - EXODUS
Back to top Go down
View user profile
A.R.I.E.L
A.R.I.E.L

Number of posts : 4

PostSubject: Re: Which Utada Album is your favorite?   Which Utada Album is your favorite? I_icon_minitimeSun May 25, 2008 3:36 pm

If I was forced to choose I'd have to say Distance. ULTRA BLUE was my first Utada album and it will always hold a special place in my heart, but I heard Distance for the first time at a very crucial point in my life. So I guess you could say it's very sentimental in a way. Plus it helps that my two favorite songs in the world are on that album. Razz

Really though, all of her albums are special to me and I distinctly remember specific moments in time when I listen to them again. With Distance it's just... I dunno, more of those memories/feelings I guess.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
blue42
Fan
Fan
blue42

Number of posts : 60

PostSubject: Re: Which Utada Album is your favorite?   Which Utada Album is your favorite? I_icon_minitimeMon May 26, 2008 12:22 am

1. Heart Station
2. Distance & Exodus.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tsuki
Tsuki

Number of posts : 24

PostSubject: Re: Which Utada Album is your favorite?   Which Utada Album is your favorite? I_icon_minitimeMon May 26, 2008 1:15 am

Deep River, because so many of my favorite songs (Deep River, Final Distance, Hikari) are on there, plus like what many people've already said, it really shows how diverse Hikaru is with her music. Not to mention I absolutely adore the PVs of the singles at that time (Sakura Drops, Traveling, even Hikari. XD. Can't get enough of her washing dishes Razz)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Miroku-san
Miroku-san

Number of posts : 22

PostSubject: Re: Which Utada Album is your favorite?   Which Utada Album is your favorite? I_icon_minitimeMon May 26, 2008 2:17 am

DEEP RIVER is my fave. I never get tired of that album. <3

amorphose

Number of posts : 9

PostSubject: Re: Which Utada Album is your favorite?   Which Utada Album is your favorite? I_icon_minitimeMon May 26, 2008 11:22 am

My ranking:
01 DEEP RIVER
02 Exodus
03 ULTRA BLUE
04 Distance
05 HEART STATION
06 First Love

My favorite Utada album is definitely DEEP RIVER. It's so amazing in every aspect of what an album should be. *_* It's got all the best songs, and a wide variety of sounds too.

My all time favorite Utada song is also Play Ball which appears on DEEP RIVER. <3
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://myspace.com/amorphose
ekong

Number of posts : 9
Registration date : 2008-05-26

PostSubject: Re: Which Utada Album is your favorite?   Which Utada Album is your favorite? I_icon_minitimeMon May 26, 2008 2:43 pm

hehe, i liked heart station and ultra blue, but i chose ultra blue cuz its ULTRA good Smile anyways i think these two albums were very similar and the style of music stands out from the others.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DaAmainator
Fan
Fan
DaAmainator

Number of posts : 312

PostSubject: Re: Which Utada Album is your favorite?   Which Utada Album is your favorite? I_icon_minitimeMon May 26, 2008 3:27 pm

I think Heart Station is the best, but I think it's just because it's a little fresher than ULTRA BLUE. I seriously didn't think Utada could top UB. It was her masterpiece. But I think Heart Station just did it for me.

Come on Hikki! You're on a role! Let's get something better in English!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Saneless_sorrow
Saneless_sorrow

Number of posts : 3

PostSubject: Re: Which Utada Album is your favorite?   Which Utada Album is your favorite? I_icon_minitimeMon May 26, 2008 3:51 pm

Deep river came close...But Heart station has my vote
Back to top Go down
View user profile
AnimeLunatic
Fan
Fan
AnimeLunatic

Number of posts : 104

PostSubject: Re: Which Utada Album is your favorite?   Which Utada Album is your favorite? I_icon_minitimeMon May 26, 2008 7:57 pm

Heart Station hands down because of the insanely addictive Prisoner of Love. O.o
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Blue
Fan
Fan
Blue

Number of posts : 83
Registration date : 2008-05-26

PostSubject: Re: Which Utada Album is your favorite?   Which Utada Album is your favorite? I_icon_minitimeTue May 27, 2008 12:37 am

Each album is unique in it's own <3 Her new album is great and I love Ultra Blue. But Deep River still owns <3 It's the best Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
stanleymau

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2008-05-28

PostSubject: Re: Which Utada Album is your favorite?   Which Utada Album is your favorite? I_icon_minitimeWed May 28, 2008 12:39 am

It is definitely Deep River.
Hikari, traveling, usomitaina I Love You, Letters... Every single song is my best from Deep River!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
KremlinChaos
Fan
Fan
KremlinChaos

Number of posts : 82
Registration date : 2008-05-27

PostSubject: Re: Which Utada Album is your favorite?   Which Utada Album is your favorite? I_icon_minitimeWed May 28, 2008 12:52 am

I love them all! I chose HEART STATION though because every song is just perfect. My favourite list is in the order her albums were released so I'm sure when her next album comes out that will be my favourite.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Which Utada Album is your favorite?   Which Utada Album is your favorite? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next