HomeHome  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  Return to Hikki StationReturn to Hikki Station  

Addicted to you Single (I have a few questions)

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Amaterasu
Fan
Fan
Amaterasu

Number of posts : 107
Registration date : 2008-06-11

Addicted to you Single (I have a few questions) Empty
PostSubject: Addicted to you Single (I have a few questions)   Addicted to you Single (I have a few questions) I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 11, 2008 12:55 pm

I just recieved my order from Ebay for the aforementioned, and I have a bad feeling about it.

Perhaps it's because it's the first single I have from Hikki - but I'm wondering if it is genuine.

The CD came to me in a very strange thin-case format. I was expecting a normal sized CD jewel case. This was supposed to be a NEW item, but it was not shrink wrapped, nor was there an OBI. This is a Japanese released item, apparently.

The booklets are damaged a bit in the corners, where the CD jewel case folds, possibly from the compression of the case onto the booklet. The things look genuine, but I have to wonder anyway. The booklets are foldouts, which includes credits and an advertisement insert in Japanese - for this fact, I personally feel as though I have the real deal. The CD is very lightly scratched on the data portion - so I may have recieved a used CD.

I'm trying to take photos, but it seems as though my digital camera is permenantly fudged. I'll have to wait until I get a hold of my sister's.

For those of you who own the CD: is what I'm describing what you have?

The auction in question:

http://cgi.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=330186020413&ssPageName=STRK:MEWN:IT&ih=014

EDIT: I've always wanted to say this: that does not look like Hikki on the cover of this CD!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rather Hazy
Fan
Fan
Rather Hazy

Number of posts : 137
Registration date : 2008-05-22

PostSubject: Re: Addicted to you Single (I have a few questions)   Addicted to you Single (I have a few questions) I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 11, 2008 3:03 pm

Does it say anything about the record company or country of origin anywhere on the disc or the package? It definitely sounds used first of all, and even though the authentic version of Addicted To You does not have an obi it does come in a regular album sized jewel case. Possibly you might have a promo if it's not a bootleg. If you take some pics I'd be able to tell with certainty.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Amaterasu
Fan
Fan
Amaterasu

Number of posts : 107
Registration date : 2008-06-11

PostSubject: Re: Addicted to you Single (I have a few questions)   Addicted to you Single (I have a few questions) I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 11, 2008 5:20 pm

Yes, it says Toshiba-Emi (Japan Use Only) on quite a few surfaces.

It's a slim case, but the puzzling thing is that the paper inserts seemed to be designed for this case. The spine portion has a perforiation that allows it to be folded easily to fit the size of this slim case. However, I cannot deny that it may have been part of a normal jewel case at some point ago.

There is a strong possibility that this is used: I was hoping to buy new to support Hikki .. but eh. I have emailed the Ebayer about this, and when I have the opportunity, I will take photos of the copy that I have on hand.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rather Hazy
Fan
Fan
Rather Hazy

Number of posts : 137
Registration date : 2008-05-22

PostSubject: Re: Addicted to you Single (I have a few questions)   Addicted to you Single (I have a few questions) I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 12, 2008 8:02 am

Sounds like you probably have a promo then, those thin Jewel cases are relatively normal outside North America for singles.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Addicted to you Single (I have a few questions)   Addicted to you Single (I have a few questions) I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Addicted to you Single (I have a few questions)
Page 1 of 1