HomeHome  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  Return to Hikki StationReturn to Hikki Station  

Kuma-Chang!!

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Amaterasu
Fan
Fan
Amaterasu

Number of posts : 107
Registration date : 2008-06-11

Kuma-Chang!! Empty
PostSubject: Kuma-Chang   Kuma-Chang!! I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 22, 2008 3:27 pm

For the record, I don't at all mind her bear. In fact, I find most Kuma-posts very amusing and cute. She goes all in-character and takes the time to set up pictures of Kuma doing various things like a real and sentient being. It's horribly funny sometimes - such as sometime last year when he hid the Famicon console from Hikaru, saying that she wasn't allowed to play Dragon Warrior/Quest until she played with him first.

Anyway, what I want to know is when she got this bear, and from whom? When did she change his name to Kuma-chan to Kuma Chang after she found that he was made in China? And then... when did she go all Kuma crazy and started to write messages in bear-form?

Any Kuma Chang talk is welcome in this thread!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DaAmainator
Fan
Fan
DaAmainator

Number of posts : 312
Registration date : 2008-05-24

Kuma-Chang!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kuma-Chang!!   Kuma-Chang!! I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 23, 2008 4:17 pm

I've always wondered about Kuma too. I always thought he was a little bed-time friend for her but he doesn't look very child-worn, does he? I always thought it all started with Boku Wa Kuma and Utada just went with the flow of explaining the song, but the more and more I started following her blogs (it was around the Boku Wa Kuma era), the more she obsessed.

I'm not sure where she got him. Explanation would be great since there's not much out there. I would also love to know where to get a similar one (if possible).
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Donovon-Bozu
Fan
Fan
Donovon-Bozu

Number of posts : 274
Registration date : 2008-05-28

Kuma-Chang!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kuma-Chang!!   Kuma-Chang!! I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 23, 2008 9:09 pm

I think she started showing him more often around Boku Wa Kuma and beyond, but i remember her having him before that, not as obsessed, and calling him Kuma-CHAN. She eventually found he was made in China, and so on.

She probably isn't bear obsessed in real life. It's probably made to make her blog posts cute. There is a possiblity that her company gave her the Kuma idea to work with.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Amaterasu
Fan
Fan
Amaterasu

Kuma-Chang!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kuma-Chang!!   Kuma-Chang!! I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 24, 2008 2:10 am

I wonder about that... she does bring him on all of her trips.... and the various photos. I think that she's really into him.

Her images of his butt for instance. I've been reading many of her 2007 posts and she seems to be very, very fixated on Kuma-Chang. Even in 2006 during her tour for UU.

I think that it's great that a 25 year old plays with her huge stuffed bear...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sanosuke
Top Admin
Top Admin
Sanosuke

Number of posts : 210
Registration date : 2008-05-22

Kuma-Chang!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kuma-Chang!!   Kuma-Chang!! I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 24, 2008 2:29 am

Have you guys seen a glimpse of her appearance on Shin Domoto Kyoudai?

In the show, she mentions alot about Kuma-Chan. Courtesy of my friend, the rest of the interview will be up on Hikki Station soon.

Spoiler:

Nevertheless, it's up to you to decide whether she's crazy about the bear or not. Razz

Rather Hazy
Fan
Fan
Rather Hazy

Number of posts : 137

Kuma-Chang!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kuma-Chang!!   Kuma-Chang!! I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 24, 2008 4:40 am

I wonder what that thing smells like by now. It wouldn't fit in a washing machine.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
theara
Fan
Fan
theara

Number of posts : 72

Kuma-Chang!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kuma-Chang!!   Kuma-Chang!! I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 24, 2008 9:29 pm

Sanosuke wrote:
Have you guys seen a glimpse of her appearance on Shin Domoto Kyoudai?

In the show, she mentions alot about Kuma-Chan. Courtesy of my friend, the rest of the interview will be up on Hikki Station soon.

Spoiler:

Nevertheless, it's up to you to decide whether she's crazy about the bear or not. Razz

I saw it and thought the whole thing was the cutest thing ever. I love her more for it. If you don't mind Sano, here is the link to her appearance on the show:

very funny and informative for hikki fans

Sano: Fixed the video. Smile

Last edited by theara on Fri Jul 25, 2008 2:20 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://digg.com/
SwallowTail
Fan
Fan
SwallowTail

Number of posts : 82
Registration date : 2008-06-13

Kuma-Chang!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kuma-Chang!!   Kuma-Chang!! I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 24, 2008 11:34 pm

Hahaha I already watch all three part of it well its fine with me , we never get too old to play with thing that we love it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
WatashiNoItami
Fan
Fan
WatashiNoItami

Number of posts : 151

Kuma-Chang!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kuma-Chang!!   Kuma-Chang!! I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 25, 2008 1:40 am

Amaterasu wrote:
For the record, I don't at all mind her bear. In fact, I find most Kuma-posts very amusing and cute. She goes all in-character and takes the time to set up pictures of Kuma doing various things like a real and sentient being. It's horribly funny sometimes - such as sometime last year when he hid the Famicon console from Hikaru, saying that she wasn't allowed to play Dragon Warrior/Quest until she played with him first.

Anyway, what I want to know is when she got this bear, and from whom? When did she change his name to Kuma-chan to Kuma Chang after she found that he was made in China? And then... when did she go all Kuma crazy and started to write messages in bear-form?

Any Kuma Chang talk is welcome in this thread!

I don't remember when she got Kuma-Chang (I think back in 2006 or 2005) but she got him from her ex-husband. If I remember right (which probably isn't likely) she changed Kuma-Chan to Kuma-Chang after like a couple of weeks of having him. But Chan or Chang, it's still pronounced the same just spelled differently. She was obsessed with Kuma-Chang BEFORE Boku Wa Kuma but she showed him more publicly after the song. o-o I could be wrong 'cause I got this information like a while back (probably 2 or 1 year ago)...

I hope she does something with Makura-san 'cause I love pillows A WHOLE LOT. I even had two Mr. Pillow's before. XDD
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.freewebs.com/horonigai/
DaAmainator
Fan
Fan
DaAmainator

Kuma-Chang!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kuma-Chang!!   Kuma-Chang!! I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 25, 2008 1:54 pm

No offense to anyone Utada works with, but I really doubt that anyone is creative enough to pitch the bear idea. I think Utada just loves it and obsesses with it. She even goes out of her way to love Kuma-Chang. Highly doubtful that it's the work of a bunch of hard industry people.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ghostdog621
Contributor
Contributor
ghostdog621

Number of posts : 24
Registration date : 2008-07-25

Kuma-Chang!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kuma-Chang!!   Kuma-Chang!! I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 25, 2008 7:15 pm

I'm glad you guys enjoyed the videos, I only hope that Youtube doesn't decide to take them down.
I just found out about this forum and I'm a big Hikki fan also. I have lots of videos and stuff so if you ever want to see something just send me a shout and I'll see if I can upload it for you guys somewhere.

Later..
Back to top Go down
View user profile https://www.youtube.com/user/ghostdog621
Sanosuke
Top Admin
Top Admin
Sanosuke

Number of posts : 210

Kuma-Chang!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kuma-Chang!!   Kuma-Chang!! I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 25, 2008 7:20 pm

ghostdog621 wrote:
I'm glad you guys enjoyed the videos, I only hope that Youtube doesn't decide to take them down.
I just found out about this forum and I'm a big Hikki fan also. I have lots of videos and stuff so if you ever want to see something just send me a shout and I'll see if I can upload it for you guys somewhere.

Later..

Off-topic, but welcome to the forums!

I saw that you contacted my friend about translating the episode. Thanks to you asking the favor, a lot of the fans enjoyed the episode of Shin Domoto Kyoudai. Thank you. cheers

Amaterasu
Fan
Fan
Amaterasu

Kuma-Chang!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kuma-Chang!!   Kuma-Chang!! I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 25, 2008 10:12 pm

Thanks for the Youtube Video link! That was a very enjoyable watch for me.

I also agree that Hikki is probably behind the whole Kuma Chang bit. I can't see her fetish for drawing manga, collecting Kuma items, taking pictures of his fat ass as a publicity making stunt. If it were conjured, she'd be doing that with her cat-thing.. what was it called again? It doesn't benefit U3 financially at all.

Hikki strikes me as crazy enough anyway. I was reading.. and her seemingly frugal self indulged in a 2,000,000 yen Louis Voutton (?) box for Kuma Chang: custom made so that he can use the airplane. And she complained about 'impulse buying' stickers at her local 7-11 shop. .. We all have our Archilles Heels, I suppose!

I can't recall when I started to read the back-blogs - but I do know that I started before Utada United - perhaps I will find the time and boredom to go all the way back and find when Kuma Chang was given birth to. Gah.. I need a life.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
theara
Fan
Fan
theara

Number of posts : 72

Kuma-Chang!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kuma-Chang!!   Kuma-Chang!! I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 26, 2008 3:19 am

ghostdog621 wrote:

Later..

Ah...I just realized ghostdog621 is the same guy who uploaded the videos on youtube. Thank you very much. Welcome to Hikkistation and enjoy your stay!
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://digg.com/
DaAmainator
Fan
Fan
DaAmainator

Kuma-Chang!! Empty
PostSubject: Kuma-Chang!!   Kuma-Chang!! I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 19, 2008 3:24 pm

Of all the subjects, even if this one dies off, it still needs to be here. I mean, he's the center of cuteness on Hikki's blogs and such! So, talk about his cuteness and post pics of the one, the only, the cutest: KUMA-CHANG!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Blue
Fan
Fan
Blue

Number of posts : 83
Registration date : 2008-05-26

Kuma-Chang!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kuma-Chang!!   Kuma-Chang!! I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 19, 2008 4:20 pm

Kuma-Chang!! Hikkikuma2en4.th

One of my favorites <3
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Amaterasu
Fan
Fan
Amaterasu

Kuma-Chang!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kuma-Chang!!   Kuma-Chang!! I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 19, 2008 6:30 pm

I rather like the ones from 2k7, where she snuggles with him in bed.

I admit, I'm a fan of Kuma-chang. I love his slightly retarded way of thinking and his underdeveloped speech. I often imagine him in a low and rather stupid sounding voice. I wonder what kind of voice Hikaru gives him. Is it high pitched and girly?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ghostdog621
Contributor
Contributor
ghostdog621

Registration date : 2008-07-25

Kuma-Chang!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kuma-Chang!!   Kuma-Chang!! I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 20, 2008 12:19 am

Amaterasu wrote:

Kuma-Chang!! 2007060200036jcx3.th

awwwwwww I love you
Back to top Go down
View user profile https://www.youtube.com/user/ghostdog621
Amaterasu
Fan
Fan
Amaterasu

Kuma-Chang!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kuma-Chang!!   Kuma-Chang!! I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 20, 2008 6:38 pm

Yes - those are the ones!

Awwww. Damn. Too cute. *injects insulin*
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Blue
Fan
Fan
Blue

Number of posts : 83
Registration date : 2008-05-26

Kuma-Chang!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kuma-Chang!!   Kuma-Chang!! I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 22, 2008 6:07 pm

ghostdog621 wrote:
Amaterasu wrote:

Kuma-Chang!! 2007060200036jcx3.th

awwwwwww I love you

Ah!! I Never Seen that one ! Thanks for sharing <3 It's so cute Wink
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tsuki
Tsuki

Registration date : 2008-05-25

Kuma-Chang!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kuma-Chang!!   Kuma-Chang!! I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 23, 2008 11:35 pm

I remember watching a video, 'Kuma Chang - Coming to Work', where Hikki was dressed in a giant Kuma Chang costume. That costume was mentioned in Shin Doumoto Kyoudai too, wasn't it? Ha, I remember thinking that Hikki in that costume was the cutest thing ever.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

Kuma-Chang!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kuma-Chang!!   Kuma-Chang!! I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Kuma-Chang!!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Hikki Station Forums :: Utada Hikaru :: Discussion | Questions-
Jump to: