Hikki Station Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  Return to Hikki StationReturn to Hikki Station  

Prisoner of Love [CD+DVD] Single

Go down 
+9
Blue
AyUta
Prisoner of Hikki
haatosuteishon
SuperKuman
nword803
Pu_Jif
Rather Hazy
Sanosuke
13 posters
AuthorMessage
Sanosuke
Top Admin
Top Admin
Sanosuke

Number of posts : 210
Registration date : 2008-05-22

Prisoner of Love [CD+DVD] Single Empty
PostSubject: Prisoner of Love [CD+DVD] Single   Prisoner of Love [CD+DVD] Single I_icon_minitimeThu May 22, 2008 11:12 pm

Has anybody ordered it yet? If you did, do you have it?

What are some of your thoughts? Discuss.

My opinion: When I first listened to "Prisoner of Love," I felt disappointed. I was expecting something different like "Deep River." However, after giving it a few more listens, it easily became one of my favorite tracks on the album. As for the "Quiet Version," I particularly enjoy listening to it due to its simplicity. After listening to the preview, I thought it would turn out bad, but I guess I was mistaken. The original karaokes are pretty nice as well. Oh yes, what about the PV? Very simple and straightforward, but it was easily entertaining with Hikaru in it. The 8-page booklet is also a nice addition.

If you are a fan, I suggest you try to buy it. If you're a new listener, give it a few listens and see whether or not the single is worth it.
Back to top Go down
http://hikkistation.net
Rather Hazy
Fan
Fan
Rather Hazy

Number of posts : 137

PostSubject: Re: Prisoner of Love [CD+DVD] Single   Prisoner of Love [CD+DVD] Single I_icon_minitimeThu May 22, 2008 11:16 pm

I'm definitely going to get it but I'm in no hurry. I'm an Utada collector, I have to have every CD she's done, but I'd be more eager if it had a better alternative version though.
Back to top Go down
Pu_Jif
Pu_Jif

Number of posts : 6

PostSubject: Re: Prisoner of Love [CD+DVD] Single   Prisoner of Love [CD+DVD] Single I_icon_minitimeThu May 22, 2008 11:46 pm

^^ Sure I'll buy it, im contacting to order fr Japan ^^
yeah yeah luv POL ^^ original ver or quite ver => all pretty, toku ni both instrumental bounce
Back to top Go down
nword803
nword803

Number of posts : 20
Registration date : 2008-05-24

PostSubject: Um   Prisoner of Love [CD+DVD] Single I_icon_minitimeSat May 24, 2008 1:22 am

I haven't heard the quiet version. Only the small clip of it. I've always like this song . Smile Smile

My Favorite lines are:
"My ordinary life has suddenly begun to shine
Since the day you stole my heart
I thought I could deal with loneliness and pain
I’m just a prisoner of love"
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/awesome_blackclown
Sanosuke
Top Admin
Top Admin
Sanosuke

PostSubject: Re: Prisoner of Love [CD+DVD] Single   Prisoner of Love [CD+DVD] Single I_icon_minitimeSat May 24, 2008 1:24 am

I managed to take some pics of the single. They're pretty huge pics.

Spoiler:

Oh, and the last pic was the music video playing on my TV.
Back to top Go down
nword803
nword803

PostSubject: Re: Prisoner of Love [CD+DVD] Single   Prisoner of Love [CD+DVD] Single I_icon_minitimeSat May 24, 2008 1:34 am

oh so they are screenshots from the video Very Happy

are there any scans?
Back to top Go down
Sanosuke
Top Admin
Top Admin
Sanosuke

PostSubject: Re: Prisoner of Love [CD+DVD] Single   Prisoner of Love [CD+DVD] Single I_icon_minitimeSat May 24, 2008 1:35 am

Sorry, I don't have a scanner. Apoligies.

However, you can see how nice it looks, yes?
Back to top Go down
nword803
nword803

PostSubject: Re: Prisoner of Love [CD+DVD] Single   Prisoner of Love [CD+DVD] Single I_icon_minitimeSat May 24, 2008 1:40 am

Yes, its very nice

i hope someone scans its soon

i like to use the pics and photoshop them
Back to top Go down
SuperKuman
SuperKuman

Number of posts : 24

PostSubject: Re: Prisoner of Love [CD+DVD] Single   Prisoner of Love [CD+DVD] Single I_icon_minitimeSat May 24, 2008 1:43 am

I love especially the vocal layers she presented. Didn't expect it to be so smoothly blended with the whole song. bounce The quiet version is slowly becoming my-boom XD (マイブーム, the Japanese English word equivalent to 'current obsession')
Back to top Go down
nword803
nword803

PostSubject: Re: Prisoner of Love [CD+DVD] Single   Prisoner of Love [CD+DVD] Single I_icon_minitimeSat May 24, 2008 1:46 am

I believe i like take 5 the most out of all of the song

i really like the vocal layering on that song (like superkuman said)

but i saw the breakdown sales

and take 5 was one of the lowest selling songs No
Back to top Go down
haatosuteishon
haatosuteishon

Number of posts : 11

PostSubject: Re: Prisoner of Love [CD+DVD] Single   Prisoner of Love [CD+DVD] Single I_icon_minitimeSat May 24, 2008 1:51 am

Hey sano, did she really re-sing the song for the quiet version?

OMG, I want that single! bounce
Back to top Go down
http://laizenchi.blogspot.com
Sanosuke
Top Admin
Top Admin
Sanosuke

PostSubject: Re: Prisoner of Love [CD+DVD] Single   Prisoner of Love [CD+DVD] Single I_icon_minitimeSat May 24, 2008 1:53 am

I think for some parts she did, and then she just mixed them up so that it goes with the instrumental. It'll take me a few more listens before I can give a proper judgement.
Back to top Go down
haatosuteishon
haatosuteishon

Number of posts : 11

PostSubject: Re: Prisoner of Love [CD+DVD] Single   Prisoner of Love [CD+DVD] Single I_icon_minitimeSat May 24, 2008 3:35 am

I just don't understand why would she only re-sing some parts of the song and not the whole song instead. Great single anyways.
Back to top Go down
http://laizenchi.blogspot.com
Prisoner of Hikki
Fan
Fan
Prisoner of Hikki

Number of posts : 141

PostSubject: Re: Prisoner of Love [CD+DVD] Single   Prisoner of Love [CD+DVD] Single I_icon_minitimeSat May 24, 2008 6:50 am

Thanks for the photos. The booklet looks very nice, and the design is similar to the HEART STATION one.

Oh, and I think Hikki didn't re-sing the song No

I aligned the songs and removed the background music, but the vocals sounded the same... All except for the part where she sings "Misute nai..." in the bridge. Still, I don't know why she would only change that part and not the entire song... Anyone got different ideas?
Back to top Go down
AyUta
AyUta

Number of posts : 40

PostSubject: Re: Prisoner of Love [CD+DVD] Single   Prisoner of Love [CD+DVD] Single I_icon_minitimeSat May 24, 2008 4:21 pm

I simply love the Quiet version! To me it sounds beautiful and simple.
Back to top Go down
Blue
Fan
Fan
Blue

Number of posts : 83
Registration date : 2008-05-26

PostSubject: Re: Prisoner of Love [CD+DVD] Single   Prisoner of Love [CD+DVD] Single I_icon_minitimeMon May 26, 2008 2:19 am

Thanks for the pics Sanosuke I wont be getting my single until 2 weeks since I ordered it with something else. I love the pics <3
Back to top Go down
DaAmainator
Fan
Fan
DaAmainator

Number of posts : 312

PostSubject: Re: Prisoner of Love [CD+DVD] Single   Prisoner of Love [CD+DVD] Single I_icon_minitimeWed May 28, 2008 3:27 pm

Alas, PoL isn't my fave. I'd much rather hear a passion-ish, niji-iro-ish, beautiful world-ish type song made quiet instead of an already mellow ballad. The quietness just makes it more... not-Hikki. I always liked her style because she mixed her voices with many different instruments (I HATE acoustic, just a guitar and a singer.. MECK!!). If she were to do something else quiet to give it another feel (like she did with Distance into Final Distance), I would've preferred that.
Back to top Go down
Rather Hazy
Fan
Fan
Rather Hazy

Number of posts : 137

PostSubject: Re: Prisoner of Love [CD+DVD] Single   Prisoner of Love [CD+DVD] Single I_icon_minitimeFri May 30, 2008 8:20 am

DaAmainator wrote:
Alas, PoL isn't my fave.
Thank god I'm not the only one! Even though I don't like the song that much I ordered the single the other day, I can't have a gap in my collection.
Back to top Go down
malemale
malemale

Number of posts : 24
Registration date : 2008-05-31

PostSubject: Re: Prisoner of Love [CD+DVD] Single   Prisoner of Love [CD+DVD] Single I_icon_minitimeSat May 31, 2008 4:48 pm

I'm definitely going to buy it! CD+DVD version, of course :-) Prisoner Of Love fast became one of my favorite tracks on HS.

I haven't watched the PV yet, so I'll get back to you on that :-)

Last edited by malemale on Tue Jun 03, 2008 5:50 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Sky of MidWinter

Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2008-05-25

PostSubject: Re: Prisoner of Love [CD+DVD] Single   Prisoner of Love [CD+DVD] Single I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 03, 2008 4:58 am

Back to top Go down
kindblue
kindblue

Number of posts : 21

PostSubject: Re: Prisoner of Love [CD+DVD] Single   Prisoner of Love [CD+DVD] Single I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 03, 2008 7:54 am

I do like this song.I like the strings in this song and the the lyrics especially the ending part,the one with the ~stay with me,stay with me.....~.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Prisoner of Love [CD+DVD] Single   Prisoner of Love [CD+DVD] Single I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Prisoner of Love [CD+DVD] Single
Page 1 of 1