HomeHome  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  Return to Hikki StationReturn to Hikki Station  

How did you first hear of Hikaru?

Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Hikkifan34
Fan
Fan
Hikkifan34

Number of posts : 58
Registration date : 2008-05-24

How did you first hear of Hikaru? Empty
PostSubject: How did you first hear of Hikaru?   How did you first hear of Hikaru? I_icon_minitimeSat May 24, 2008 11:33 pm

I fist heard her in U3
followed her since
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.crystal-utada.net
davidteoh
davidteoh

Number of posts : 27

PostSubject: Re: How did you first hear of Hikaru?   How did you first hear of Hikaru? I_icon_minitimeSat May 24, 2008 11:44 pm

Haha..Nice Topic..i 1st saw her in music station..she was performing Heart station..i love it so i wanna know more about her..and at last i became her fan..
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Hikkifan34
Fan
Fan
Hikkifan34

PostSubject: Re: How did you first hear of Hikaru?   How did you first hear of Hikaru? I_icon_minitimeSat May 24, 2008 11:47 pm

LOL I know almost all there is Im like stalker level fan boy feel free even add me to msn if you like
I can fill ya in
Back to top Go down
Rather Hazy
Fan
Fan
Rather Hazy

Number of posts : 137
Registration date : 2008-05-22

PostSubject: Re: How did you first hear of Hikaru?   How did you first hear of Hikaru? I_icon_minitimeSun May 25, 2008 12:12 am

Kingdom Hearts but I wasn't a big fan of Simple And Clean at the time so I forgot about her. Then a while later I heard about Exodus on another forum I went to and that got me interested.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DSL5
Fan
Fan
DSL5

Number of posts : 87

PostSubject: Re: How did you first hear of Hikaru?   How did you first hear of Hikaru? I_icon_minitimeSun May 25, 2008 12:48 am

Kingdom Hearts. I first heard "Simple and Clean" and was like "hey this is really good!", but it wasn't until Passion came out that I started to become a big fan of hers.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Prisoner of Hikki
Fan
Fan
Prisoner of Hikki

Number of posts : 141

PostSubject: Re: How did you first hear of Hikaru?   How did you first hear of Hikaru? I_icon_minitimeSun May 25, 2008 1:51 am

Long story for me...
I heard her through Sakura drops. When I saw the music video on MTV I was stunned, (and I was sitting there like a zombie). But I never got to know the artist's name... (Curses MTV!)

Years later I saw the Keep Tryin' video and exclaimed "It's that lady from years before!" I immediately looked her up, and became a fan (hilarious isn't it?). Still, it wasn't until Flavor Of Life that I began following her releases.

Hikkifan34 wrote:
I fist heard her in U3
followed her since

You started from U3? affraid Amazing! I wish I heard about Utada the same time as you! You're probably like 7 levels ahead XD
Back to top Go down
View user profile
hageshii_AME
hageshii_AME

Number of posts : 33
Registration date : 2008-05-25

PostSubject: Re: How did you first hear of Hikaru?   How did you first hear of Hikaru? I_icon_minitimeSun May 25, 2008 1:55 am

I heard a fifteen second clip of her beautiful voice in Simple and Clean on a commercial for Kingdom Hearts DS. I loved the song so much I sang it all day, and for the rest of the week.

It was actually the first song that I ever truly loved, and she was the person that actually got me into music.

Years later I saw her again a couple times, and then I bought her ULTRA BLUE album and I fell in love all over again. She is my most favorite artist of all time!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Hikkifan34
Fan
Fan
Hikkifan34

PostSubject: Re: How did you first hear of Hikaru?   How did you first hear of Hikaru? I_icon_minitimeSun May 25, 2008 1:58 am

Yea she was cute back then
she alsp saved my life in 02 when i eas gonna... well ya gad I not heard deep river id be dead
Back to top Go down
SuperKuman
SuperKuman

Number of posts : 24

PostSubject: Re: How did you first hear of Hikaru?   How did you first hear of Hikaru? I_icon_minitimeSun May 25, 2008 2:43 am

I was like, "OMG why is there such an amazing girl in Japan?" when I saw her PV Can you keep a secret for the first time on MTV Asia. Later on she continued to score me with Wait & See ~Risk~. So nostalgic old days Very Happy

But my heart was not conquered until her Kingdom Hearts smash hit. ^^
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sanosuke
Top Admin
Top Admin
Sanosuke

Number of posts : 210

PostSubject: Re: How did you first hear of Hikaru?   How did you first hear of Hikaru? I_icon_minitimeSun May 25, 2008 3:33 am

Moved.

Please stay on topic. You know who you are. Also, please make topics where they are suited.

raul27
Fan
Fan

Number of posts : 79
Registration date : 2008-05-25

PostSubject: Re: How did you first hear of Hikaru?   How did you first hear of Hikaru? I_icon_minitimeSun May 25, 2008 4:32 am

Kingdom Hearts' Simple and Clean

Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile https://www.youtube.com/raulxhikki
Hikkifan34
Fan
Fan
Hikkifan34

PostSubject: Re: How did you first hear of Hikaru?   How did you first hear of Hikaru? I_icon_minitimeSun May 25, 2008 1:44 pm

>< I can not do anything right can I
Back to top Go down
WatashiNoItami
Fan
Fan
WatashiNoItami

Number of posts : 151

PostSubject: Re: How did you first hear of Hikaru?   How did you first hear of Hikaru? I_icon_minitimeSun May 25, 2008 7:26 pm

I'm definitely sure that a lot of Hikki fans heard her from KH. I started to notice Hikki from KH too (it is a worldwide game). But my first song that I ever heard from her was First Love, the piano version that I think they used in one of the FF series. Strange enough, even though Hikari was the song that got me into Hikki, I really don't like the music to it much anymore! XDD
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.freewebs.com/horonigai/
Nintendofanboy
Fan
Fan
Nintendofanboy

Number of posts : 153

PostSubject: Re: How did you first hear of Hikaru?   How did you first hear of Hikaru? I_icon_minitimeSun May 25, 2008 10:30 pm

I first heard her in Kingdom Hearts. I really liked "Simple and Clean" but I didn't become a big fan of her, then I heard "Sanctuary" in Kingdom Hearts 2. Then I listened to "Passion" and soon "Colors" and "Sakura Drops." But then I just stopped listening. Then one day I forgot how but I got back into her and soon I was getting all her songs and blasting them frequently. Then I read lyric translations and soon the songs had really deep meanings to them and I could relate to most of them and now I'm a big Utada fan.
Back to top Go down
View user profile https://www.youtube.com/user/Mario1242
theara
Fan
Fan
theara

Number of posts : 72

PostSubject: Re: How did you first hear of Hikaru?   How did you first hear of Hikaru? I_icon_minitimeMon May 26, 2008 1:07 am

WatashiNoItami wrote:
I'm definitely sure that a lot of Hikki fans heard her from KH. I started to notice Hikki from KH too (it is a worldwide game). But my first song that I ever heard from her was First Love, the piano version that I think they used in one of the FF series. Strange enough, even though Hikari was the song that got me into Hikki, I really don't like the music to it much anymore! XDD

Same here. First heard of her name from the KH commercials (simple and clean planit B mix). Heard 'First Love' at an asian talent show and accidentally downloaded it and fell in love with it. I was curious since and heard Deep River (single) and Be my last, but nothing else after that.

Last summer, summer 2007, I searched for songs by her since I was bored. I stumbled upon 'Flavor of Life', which I did not find interesting until the 3rd or 4th listen. I've become a huge fan of her and her music since.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://digg.com/
Blue
Fan
Fan
Blue

Number of posts : 83
Registration date : 2008-05-26

PostSubject: Re: How did you first hear of Hikaru?   How did you first hear of Hikaru? I_icon_minitimeMon May 26, 2008 2:31 am

Kingdom Hearts seems to be the winner Smile That's where I first heard her <3 Been a fan since
Back to top Go down
View user profile
SuperKuman
SuperKuman

Number of posts : 24

PostSubject: Re: How did you first hear of Hikaru?   How did you first hear of Hikaru? I_icon_minitimeMon May 26, 2008 3:40 am

looks like Hikki's music at first slowly builds our interest and later on grow on us like crazy Very Happy
actually the very album that got me into Hikki was ULTRA BLUE. Only a longgggg time later did I appreciate half of Deep River and some old tracks like Movin' on without you. ^^
Back to top Go down
View user profile
kindblue
kindblue

Number of posts : 21

PostSubject: Re: How did you first hear of Hikaru?   How did you first hear of Hikaru? I_icon_minitimeMon May 26, 2008 7:54 am

I first noticed her when I saw the "Traveling" video(I was 8 or 9). But I know for sure I first heard her during the "First Love" era, I just can't remember, I was 6 or 7 then. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ela

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2008-05-27

PostSubject: Re: How did you first hear of Hikaru?   How did you first hear of Hikaru? I_icon_minitimeTue May 27, 2008 7:09 pm

I almost missed her, by a few seconds.

My cousin was showing me all these japanese songs, and I was getting a bit bored. He was like do you want to hear one more? "No, no I'm good". He was saying seriously, I'm sure you'll like it. Can you keep a Secret came on and I was hooked ever since. This was around...6 1/2 years ago.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sanosuke
Top Admin
Top Admin
Sanosuke

Number of posts : 210

PostSubject: Re: How did you first hear of Hikaru?   How did you first hear of Hikaru? I_icon_minitimeTue May 27, 2008 7:18 pm

The first song I heard from her was "First Love." 1999, wow...Surprised

However, I wasn't much of a fan until I found out that she was the one who sang "Simple & Clean."
I never knew that she was bilingual until I learned more about her. Since then, I've been a listener.

AyUta
AyUta

Number of posts : 40

PostSubject: Re: How did you first hear of Hikaru?   How did you first hear of Hikaru? I_icon_minitimeWed May 28, 2008 1:43 am

I first found out about Hikki from Kingdom Hearts here in the US Very Happy
I loved the sanctuary and simple and clean songs to death when I first heard them, and I was like, who is this girl? Her voice is amazing! xD
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Donovon-Bozu
Fan
Fan
Donovon-Bozu

Number of posts : 274
Registration date : 2008-05-28

PostSubject: Re: How did you first hear of Hikaru?   How did you first hear of Hikaru? I_icon_minitimeThu May 29, 2008 9:38 am

Just like the majority of American listeners, I found out about Hikki through Kingdom Hearts (which I got when it came out). When I heard the song, I was like, 'hey, this is a pretty cool song'. But I thought some American singer sang it. So imagine my surprise when I found out she was Japanese. A few years later...I got KH2. And I was like, 'hey it's that girl again!' And I did a search on her and, besides Simple and Clean and Sanctuary, the first song I heard from her was Easy Breezy. The first Japanese song I heard was Kiss & Cry on a random search on Google.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
KremlinChaos
Fan
Fan
KremlinChaos

Number of posts : 82
Registration date : 2008-05-27

PostSubject: Re: How did you first hear of Hikaru?   How did you first hear of Hikaru? I_icon_minitimeThu May 29, 2008 2:22 pm

This is a very long story haha. It all started one day when I was having a voice chat with my friend online. She didn't have a mic so I was just making strange noises and talking to her. She was listening to music on her computer and something weird happened XD. Her music was playing through my speakers and guess who it was lol. She was listening to Simple and Clean and I was like "Who is that?". She sent me the song and I loved it. I looked Utada up and thought she was pretty cool but I wasn't hooked yet. Later that year I watched a Final Fantasy X-2 video with Colors and loved the song. I looked up her videos and found Easy Breezy. That week I bought Exodus and she became my favourite singer. That's how I first heard of Utada and how I became a fan.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
macboy1224
macboy1224

Number of posts : 9
Registration date : 2008-05-29

PostSubject: Re: How did you first hear of Hikaru?   How did you first hear of Hikaru? I_icon_minitimeThu May 29, 2008 8:21 pm

I became an Utada fan from Kingdom Hearts 2. When I first heard sanctuary I loved it so I looked up who wrote the song in the game book. At first I thought she would be an american girl. When I looked up the name I was surprised it was a japanese name. I then looked more into her and she became my favorite singer!!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Skudder
Skudder

Number of posts : 29
Registration date : 2008-05-26

PostSubject: Re: How did you first hear of Hikaru?   How did you first hear of Hikaru? I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 04, 2008 8:59 am

Kingdom Hearts was the channel that exposed me to Hikki. I loved the Planit-b Remix of Simple and Clean. Strange thing is, my dad heard Automatic Johnny Vicious remix on the radio and bought the Single Collection vol 1, right after I finished KH the second time and started to like Hikki.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://ego-boundaries.blogspot.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How did you first hear of Hikaru?   How did you first hear of Hikaru? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

How did you first hear of Hikaru?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Hikki Station Forums :: Utada Hikaru :: Discussion | Questions-
Jump to: