Hikki Station Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  Return to Hikki StationReturn to Hikki Station  

How did you first hear of Hikaru?

Go down 
+23
Tsuki
Amaterasu
soilman
Skudder
macboy1224
KremlinChaos
Donovon-Bozu
AyUta
Ela
kindblue
Blue
theara
Nintendofanboy
WatashiNoItami
raul27
Sanosuke
SuperKuman
hageshii_AME
Prisoner of Hikki
DSL5
Rather Hazy
davidteoh
Hikkifan34
27 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
raul27
Fan
Fan

Number of posts : 79
Registration date : 2008-05-25

How did you first hear of Hikaru? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: How did you first hear of Hikaru?   How did you first hear of Hikaru? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 07, 2008 5:42 pm

as many of us, i've learned about Hikki in Kingdom Hearts

i followed her since then xD
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/raulxhikki
soilman
soilman

Number of posts : 20
Registration date : 2008-06-07

PostSubject: Re: How did you first hear of Hikaru?   How did you first hear of Hikaru? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 08, 2008 5:06 pm

It was my appreciation of asian films that led me to Hikaru. After seeing Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon and Hero I bought the soundtracks. On CTHD there was a track sung twice in english and mandarin by Coco Lee, I liked it and got some of her albums. I had previously seen the Azumi films and remembered that the lass on them was also a singer. "Well, if I enjoyed chinese singing I might like japanese", says I. So on finding her name was Aya Ueto I tried a CD and quite liked it.

I was looking for more of their music on youtube and came across the term jpop, typed it in out of curiosity and lots of names popped up. I came across Boa vs Utada Hikaru, Boa did nothing for me but there was something about this Utada Hikaru that warranted further investigation. Saw the video for Passion and decided I would get a CD. At the same time I came across Utada United on stage 6. What can I say, that performance blew me away.
Whether it was the whole thing or that incredible performance of Hikari, all I know is when it finished I was hooked.

Sorry about the epic nature of this post.
Back to top Go down
Hikkifan34
Fan
Fan
Hikkifan34

Number of posts : 58
Registration date : 2008-05-24

PostSubject: Re: How did you first hear of Hikaru?   How did you first hear of Hikaru? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 12, 2008 12:58 am

soilman wrote:
It was my appreciation of asian films that led me to Hikaru. After seeing Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon and Hero I bought the soundtracks. On CTHD there was a track sung twice in english and mandarin by Coco Lee, I liked it and got some of her albums. I had previously seen the Azumi films and remembered that the lass on them was also a singer. "Well, if I enjoyed chinese singing I might like japanese", says I. So on finding her name was Aya Ueto I tried a CD and quite liked it.

I was looking for more of their music on youtube and came across the term jpop, typed it in out of curiosity and lots of names popped up. I came across Boa vs Utada Hikaru, Boa did nothing for me but there was something about this Utada Hikaru that warranted further investigation. Saw the video for Passion and decided I would get a CD. At the same time I came across Utada United on stage 6. What can I say, that performance blew me away.
Whether it was the whole thing or that incredible performance of Hikari, all I know is when it finished I was hooked.

Sorry about the epic nature of this post.
Thats the type of "epic" answer I wanted when I made this topic
Back to top Go down
http://www.crystal-utada.net
Amaterasu
Fan
Fan
Amaterasu

Number of posts : 107
Registration date : 2008-06-11

PostSubject: Re: How did you first hear of Hikaru?   How did you first hear of Hikaru? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 12, 2008 2:23 am

I was a strapping young lad full of the fervent fires of youth when I decided to go onto Napster (?) or some other strange Peer to Peer program in the elder days of 1999 to download anime theme songs. I think that I was looking for Two-Mix Songs from the Gundam Wing series when I downloaded something strange by accident, "First Love".

I was dumbstruck by its awesomeness. For some years, I managed to hunt down "Distance", "Final Distance", "Colors", "Deep River" all without knowing who or what Utada Hikaru was. Only in the past year, have I become a hardcore fan. In all honesty, I do not know what drove me back into her music. Was it my current state of depression, or perhaps a strange coping mechanism that I've undertaken to strike back at my current surroundings? Maybe getting into Asian music and culture moreso deeply is an indirect result of my estrangement from my old home town into my current life in a hick-village. It's my way of screaming "I am Asian, and I'm damned proud!"

AzN Pride aside, I really love her music; no one else comes close for me. I'm crazy, but 98% of the stuff I listen to is Hikaru-chan's
Back to top Go down
Tsuki
Tsuki

Number of posts : 24
Registration date : 2008-05-25

PostSubject: Re: How did you first hear of Hikaru?   How did you first hear of Hikaru? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 12, 2008 11:03 pm

Like many, I first heard Hikki's angelic voice through KH, but it actually wasn't love at first sight (first listen?) for me. I thought, 'Decent song', but didn't think a lot about it afterwards. Then, after surfing through Youtube for some KH MVs, I noticed quite a few of them had Utada Hikaru music in them. So I decided to go check her out.

I saw Simple and Clean live on her 20th b-day special thing, and then Hikari live on Utada United 2006 and I fell in love. And Sanctuary/Passion was just icing on the cake. But I didn't hear anything outside these four songs, sadly.

Then, when I showed a friend of mine the Hikari live video, she said:

"Oh yeah. I finished watching that one. It was great. I finished watching SAKURA Drops and COLORS too."

And after being exposed to more of her music, I've been a die-hard fan ever since. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
SwallowTail
Fan
Fan
SwallowTail

Number of posts : 82
Registration date : 2008-06-13

PostSubject: Re: How did you first hear of Hikaru?   How did you first hear of Hikaru? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 13, 2008 3:17 am

First Time I hear Hikki I saw on TV actually Automatic Video forgot the year but i'm high school back there and then being a fans till now even my little brother like her too coz he playing KH but I never play KH just watching him play it
Back to top Go down
Kiss&Cry
Kiss&Cry

Number of posts : 24
Registration date : 2008-06-03

PostSubject: Re: How did you first hear of Hikaru?   How did you first hear of Hikaru? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 23, 2008 9:01 am

A friend of mine had been in Japan and she had bought some of her albums. She played me First Love. I didn't like it at first but slowly Hikki grew on me.
Back to top Go down
aiwen89
aiwen89

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2008-07-26

PostSubject: Re: How did you first hear of Hikaru?   How did you first hear of Hikaru? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 26, 2008 12:14 pm

For me is first love.... when i was 11 years old...
i was like stunned when i first time listen to first love...
and then followed by deep river...
ONE WORD to describe SUGOI!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Macdan
Macdan

Number of posts : 46
Registration date : 2008-08-03

PostSubject: Re: How did you first hear of Hikaru?   How did you first hear of Hikaru? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 03, 2008 10:36 am

I first listened to her was first love.. because then i was still young... and i wasn't into jpop, until i played KH and listened to Simple and Clean/ Hikari, both... and to passion... then i started listening to her previous songs, which i found that they were great
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How did you first hear of Hikaru?   How did you first hear of Hikaru? - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

How did you first hear of Hikaru?
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2