Hikki Station Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  Return to Hikki StationReturn to Hikki Station  

Manga!

Go down 
+7
Donovon-Bozu
Blue
Nintendofanboy
WatashiNoItami
AnimeLunatic
Prisoner of Hikki
hageshii_AME
11 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
hageshii_AME
hageshii_AME

Number of posts : 33
Registration date : 2008-05-25

Manga! Empty
PostSubject: Manga!   Manga! I_icon_minitimeSun May 25, 2008 2:09 am

Does anyone here like manga or anime?

If so, what do you read or watch? What is your favorite? What do you hate? Do you think the prices we pay are fair?
Back to top Go down
Prisoner of Hikki
Fan
Fan
Prisoner of Hikki

Number of posts : 141
Registration date : 2008-05-24

Manga! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Manga!   Manga! I_icon_minitimeSun May 25, 2008 2:30 am

I absolutely love anime and manga, I was probably meant to be Japanese XD

Aside from reading the annoyingly popular mangas like Naruto and One Piece, here are some things I've been reading/watching-

Gunslinger Girl
Jigoku Shoujo (Hell Girl)
High school of the Dead
Soul Eater
and I'm trying to watch Shakugan no Shana but don't have the time...

My choices are kind of typical for a boy... But I pretty much like any anime or manga with well-developed characters.

What kind of manga or animes do you like?
Back to top Go down
AnimeLunatic
Fan
Fan
AnimeLunatic

Number of posts : 104

Manga! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Manga!   Manga! I_icon_minitimeSun May 25, 2008 3:55 pm

Go here for all my underground gem Manga recommendations.

http://www.utadanet.com/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=2499&start=0

Trust me, you will like them.
Back to top Go down
hageshii_AME
hageshii_AME

Number of posts : 33

Manga! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Manga!   Manga! I_icon_minitimeSun May 25, 2008 6:46 pm

Unfortunately... I do love Naruto (Not because it's famous,) but I ADORE Jigoku Shojo, and I have read a bit of bitter virgin before!

I'm on the internet constantly searching for good manga to read... my recommendation right now is "Lunar Legend Tsukihime." It's extremely good, a well made plot, but if you can't handle a lot of gore, I'm sorry...
Back to top Go down
WatashiNoItami
Fan
Fan
WatashiNoItami

Number of posts : 151

Manga! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Manga!   Manga! I_icon_minitimeSun May 25, 2008 7:46 pm

I have to agree with you, Prisoner of Hikki, I really think Naruto is getting annoying. TT_TT This is so sad to say, especially because I USE to love Naruto, but it's just dragging on so long and I think that it's getting away from the main plot. I think some other non-famous manga should be get more attention because I definitely prefer those (even though the ones I like ends up not being that long). I think people should make like an action/romance manga! XDD People would REALLY love that. I know that there are some out there but it's really bad because they don't know how to balance it out. D= I'd definitely read a darn good action/romance manga. Wouldn't you?
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/horonigai/
AnimeLunatic
Fan
Fan
AnimeLunatic

Manga! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Manga!   Manga! I_icon_minitimeSun May 25, 2008 10:53 pm

I think the latest chapters of Naruto have been excellent! I mean, learning the truth about Itachi was seriously something. Right now, I say both Naruto and Bleach are doing an excellent job in their story. Bleach with its Past Chapters and Naruto with Itachi's true intentions.
Back to top Go down
Prisoner of Hikki
Fan
Fan
Prisoner of Hikki

Number of posts : 141

Manga! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Manga!   Manga! I_icon_minitimeSun May 25, 2008 11:34 pm

Well, I still love Naruto, but like WatashiNoItami said the current plot is getting too far from the main plot Sad But this week's chapter wasn't disappointing at all! I liked how we finally got more insight into Itachi's past. It's character-development chapters like these that actually keep me reading the series. I hope the next chapters will be just as good!

Hageshii_AME, did you know they're creating a third season of Jigoku Shoujo? It should be released in October!

WatashiNoItami - I think action/romance sounds interesting, but there aren't very many out there Sad Many writers choose between action or romance. But if there was such a manga, I'd really love to see how the writer balances the two out ^^
Back to top Go down
Nintendofanboy
Fan
Fan
Nintendofanboy

Number of posts : 153

Manga! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Manga!   Manga! I_icon_minitimeSun May 25, 2008 11:48 pm

I really want to watch the animes "Nowhere" and "Bokura No (I'm leaning toward more of reading the manga then watching the anime) But I don't watch that much anime or read that much manga (Though I did love One Piece and Kingdom Hearts)

Their are a ton of animes I want to watch. But I'm to lazy to find them anywhere XP
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/Mario1242
WatashiNoItami
Fan
Fan
WatashiNoItami

Number of posts : 151

Manga! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Manga!   Manga! I_icon_minitimeMon May 26, 2008 9:46 pm

Me too Nintendofanboy! I really want to read/watch a lot of anime/manga but I'm just either lazy or just can't find the time. But I really don't like anime as much as I use to anymore! XDD

I watched anime ever since I was 3 and now I REALLY don't like watching it. I just don't like how most anime are drawn when compared to manga (if there is a manga version, which is most likely). The manga, since it's as long compared to the anime, are usually detailed and was spent time on unlike the anime.

Anyways, yea I really thought that the recent chapter of Naruto was VERY interesting. Probably is going to make Sasuke insane but I would like the story to go back to Naruto and the gang. D= I really wanted to hear more from them since it's been awhile. XDD To me it seems like Sai disappeared somewhere since they've been focusing on Sasuke a lot.
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/horonigai/
AnimeLunatic
Fan
Fan
AnimeLunatic

Manga! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Manga!   Manga! I_icon_minitimeMon May 26, 2008 11:25 pm

The only Anime that I would watch now is Death Note. Why not read the manga? Well it just gives me a headache from all the crazy plot and stuff for reading too much. Watching Death Note is, in my opinion, better, but that doesnt mean the manga version of Death Note is by any means bad, its just my opinion.
Back to top Go down
Blue
Fan
Fan
Blue

Number of posts : 83
Registration date : 2008-05-26

Manga! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Manga!   Manga! I_icon_minitimeTue May 27, 2008 12:50 am

I have a wide range of anime & manga I collect and read <3 From Ranma 1/2 & Inuyasha, to Fruits Basket, Hoshi wa Utau, Kare Kano, Love Hina, Ai Yori Aoshi, Nana, to Bleach, Naruto, One Piece, DBZ & Death Note & that's only the smaller ladder of things Razz I have so much that I have no room >_<
Back to top Go down
AnimeLunatic
Fan
Fan
AnimeLunatic

Manga! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Manga!   Manga! I_icon_minitimeWed May 28, 2008 8:25 pm

Damn, how much money did you spend?
Back to top Go down
Donovon-Bozu
Fan
Fan
Donovon-Bozu

Number of posts : 274
Registration date : 2008-05-28

Manga! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Manga!   Manga! I_icon_minitimeThu May 29, 2008 9:25 am

I collect CLAMP titles and am currently hooked on Negima. Very Happy My other favorites include Fruits Basket, Rozen Maiden, Naruto (in moderation!), Dr. Slump, Neon Genesis Evangelion, and Ghost In The Shell. And I like Oh My Goddess! and...Sailor...Oh you know what I mean... Embarassed
Back to top Go down
Rather Hazy
Fan
Fan
Rather Hazy

Number of posts : 137
Registration date : 2008-05-22

Manga! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Manga!   Manga! I_icon_minitimeFri May 30, 2008 8:03 am

My manga collection is... too big. I keep meaning to reply to this thread after I've made a list but I never remember and when I do I can't be bothered. Razz

These aren't all of the ones I own but some of my favourites are Death Note, Fruits Basket, Naruto, Ouran High Host Club, Dr. Slump, Fullmetal Alchemist, D Gray Man, Reborn, Neon Genesis Evangelion, Vagabond, One Piece (although I've been really behind with this one) and the usual Clamp stuff.

Donovon-Bozu wrote:
Naruto (in moderation!)
Don't let the Narutards ruin it for you, the manga's a lot better than the anime anyway. Wink
Back to top Go down
Blue
Fan
Fan
Blue

Manga! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Manga!   Manga! I_icon_minitimeFri May 30, 2008 1:32 pm

I have spent quite a bit over the years, Between that & my Cd collections most of the time I'm broke Razz But I guess you could say that's my hobby. Some people have stamp collections I've got my anime, manga, & Jpop collection. Smile
Back to top Go down
Crescentlupin9
Crescentlupin9

Number of posts : 34
Registration date : 2008-06-04

Manga! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Manga!   Manga! I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 06, 2008 1:41 am

OMG i know how you feel, my manga collection..............now that i look at it, i can't believe i was able to afford all of those D: its like BOOOSH! and clamp is awesome XDDDDD i still want to finish my whistle, initial D, eyeshield 21, and others D:

The last anime i saw was "sayonar zetsubou sensei" that one is hillarious XD i couldn't stop laughing.
Back to top Go down
http://crescentlupin9.deviantart.com
Blue
Fan
Fan
Blue

Manga! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Manga!   Manga! I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 09, 2008 2:35 pm

Yeah I love CLAMP lol funny I didn't mention them above but I've got Chobits & X manga & anime, I've been wanting to check out Tsubasa Reservoir Chronicles & xxxHOLiC but I've had no time & didn't want to start anything new (as of collecting until I at least knew if I'd like it or not Razz )
Back to top Go down
Donovon-Bozu
Fan
Fan
Donovon-Bozu

Manga! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Manga!   Manga! I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 09, 2008 2:42 pm

xxxHolic is AWESOME. very clean cut layout style and simple, beautiful art. it also has probably one of the deepest philosophies and stories in all manga underneath it's simple facade. READ IT! Yuko Ichihara is CLAMP's most original character.
oh, and if you have enough money, buy Clover, CLAMP's best manga ever made.
Back to top Go down
Rather Hazy
Fan
Fan
Rather Hazy

Number of posts : 137
Registration date : 2008-05-22

Manga! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Manga!   Manga! I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 09, 2008 3:49 pm

Donovon-Bozu wrote:
xxxHolic is AWESOME. very clean cut layout style and simple, beautiful art. it also has probably one of the deepest philosophies and stories in all manga underneath it's simple facade. READ IT! Yuko Ichihara is CLAMP's most original character.
oh, and if you have enough money, buy Clover, CLAMP's best manga ever made.
Oh I agree, I'm lucky enough to have Clover and even though it's short, it's utterly enchanting. It's a shame they didn't do more with it because they created such a beautiful, complete feeling world, you can feel it living beyond the pages you can see. Gorgeously presented too, pisses me off that I could only find vol. 1 used without the dust jacket. Neutral
Back to top Go down
Donovon-Bozu
Fan
Fan
Donovon-Bozu

Manga! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Manga!   Manga! I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 09, 2008 4:14 pm

actually, i read somewhere that clover is not done yet, CLAMP has just put it on an extreme hiatus (along with legal drug).
Back to top Go down
Amai Wana
Fan
Fan

Number of posts : 256

Manga! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Manga!   Manga! I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 09, 2008 4:26 pm

My Manga Collection:

A.I. Love You [Complete Collection: Volumes 1 - 8]
Absolute Boyfriend [Volumes 1 - 4]
Air Gear Volume 1
Chobits [Complete Collection: Volumes 1 - 8]
D.N. Angel [Complete Collection: 1 - 11]
DearS [Complete Collection: 1 - 8]
Galaxy Angel [Volumes 1 - 5]
Galaxy Angel Beta Volumes 1 + 2
Galaxy Angel Party 1
Loveless Volume 1
Love Hona [Complete Collection: 1 - 14]
Metamo Kiss Volume 1
Negima [Volumes 1 - 11]
Pita Ten [Complete Collection: Volumes 1 - 8] + Pita Ten Official Fanbook 1
Ragnarok [Volumes 1 - 10]

My favs are Chobits and Love Hina. I wish they had made more.
Back to top Go down
http://amaiwana.wordpress.com/
Donovon-Bozu
Fan
Fan
Donovon-Bozu

Manga! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Manga!   Manga! I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 12, 2008 2:30 pm

Has anyone read Ultra Maniac? Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Blue
Fan
Fan
Blue

Manga! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Manga!   Manga! I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 13, 2008 5:45 pm

@ Donovon-Bozu ahhh I'll have to look into Clover & XXXholic <3 !! Oh & I haven't read Ultra Maniac but I want to Sad I have Marmalade Boy by Wataru Yoshizumi <3 and I really liked that so I always wanted Ultra Maniac T_T

@ Amai Wana Love Hina & Chobits are really great Smile I wish they were longer too Love Hina had a really cute ending >o< And Chobits too <3 I'm collecting Negima but only read the first couple of books Sad I see you also have A.I. Love You [Complete Collection: Volumes 1 - 8] Isn't that by the same artist as Love Hina & Negima or am I thinking wrong? Anyhow how is that? I never got around to picking it up though I was interested.
Back to top Go down
Donovon-Bozu
Fan
Fan
Donovon-Bozu

Manga! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Manga!   Manga! I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 13, 2008 6:21 pm

(In Chronological Order)
A.I. Love You, Love Hina, and Negima! Magister Negi Magi were all made by Ken Akamatsu. Very Happy

Chobits was pretty neat, but not the BEST manga CLAMP has made. Has anyone read Kobato, CLAMP's newest manga? It's pretty cool. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Amai Wana
Fan
Fan

Number of posts : 256

Manga! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Manga!   Manga! I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 13, 2008 9:17 pm

Chobits was entirely awesome - watching the anime was an even greater experience for me. Chi is sooo cute.

@Blue: AI Love You was good; I personally think Love Hina and Negima are better but AI Love You is nice.
Back to top Go down
http://amaiwana.wordpress.com/
Sponsored content

Manga! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Manga!   Manga! I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Manga!
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Hikki Station Forums :: General :: General Discussion-
Jump to: