HomeHome  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  Return to Hikki StationReturn to Hikki Station  

Ayumi Hamasaki Thread

Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
DaAmainator
Fan
Fan
DaAmainator

Number of posts : 312
Registration date : 2008-05-24

Ayumi Hamasaki Thread Empty
PostSubject: Ayumi Hamasaki Thread   Ayumi Hamasaki Thread I_icon_minitimeSun May 25, 2008 11:43 am

Yes, it was bound to happen so I thought I would be the one to start.

Ayumi Hamasaki is a very talented musician. Her history goes when she was yanked from her modeling life-style and put into a musical environment and she has been selling CDs like hotcakes ever since.

Her music videos are EXTRAORDINARY, I think. My favorites are

-Ourselves
-Fairyland
-Moments
-Mirrorcle World (even though it's weird as crap, I just can't get enough!)
-Connected

So, competition to Utada aside, what are your thoughts on this artist?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Amai Wana
Fan
Fan

Number of posts : 256
Registration date : 2008-05-25

PostSubject: Re: Ayumi Hamasaki Thread   Ayumi Hamasaki Thread I_icon_minitimeSun May 25, 2008 2:41 pm

I love Ayu!!!
Some of her songs that particularly stand out are...

1 LOVE
JEWEL
(don't) Leave me alone
Will
my name's WOMEN

just to name a few...

Her rock songs really bring it home and her ballads sound great too. Mirrorcle World rocks too and hopefully there will be a new single announced soon!
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://amaiwana.wordpress.com/
Sanosuke
Top Admin
Top Admin
Sanosuke

Number of posts : 210
Registration date : 2008-05-22

PostSubject: Re: Ayumi Hamasaki Thread   Ayumi Hamasaki Thread I_icon_minitimeSun May 25, 2008 2:43 pm

I listen to her occasionally.

Some of my favorite songs from her:

- JEWEL
- HEAVEN
- CAROLS
- Monochrome

Taiyou
Taiyou

Number of posts : 26

PostSubject: Re: Ayumi Hamasaki Thread   Ayumi Hamasaki Thread I_icon_minitimeSun May 25, 2008 4:59 pm

I love Ayu. =D She is quite humble and very dedicated to her work. She's definitely not a cookie-cutter idol and the lyrics she writes are heartfelt. Even though she isn't considered a vocal powerhouse, I like her voice. Though she has released some disappointing material. I wasn't crazy for her My Story album or some from her (miss) understood. And Secret was quite messy. Then again...that was meant to be an mini-album but it was pushed into being an album. But her music is definitely enjoyable. Though, I wish she composed more songs under her CREA name. Nevertheless, her last album was kick ass and her re-cut single was awesome. I was excited when I heard she was releasing a full version of Mirror, which was Guilty's opening song.

Taiyou's favorite Ayu songs:
Mirrorcle World
Evolution
M
Together When…
Marionette
untitled ~for her~
talkin' 2 myself
decision
1 Love
fairyland
Trauma
Boys & Girls
Audience
Who...
Jewel
Momentum
Endless Sorrow
monochrome
HANABI ~episode II~
No way to say
Heaven
Fly High
appears
To Be
Seasons
girlish
teddy bear
Scar
Key ~eternal tie ver.~
Rainbow
A Song for XX
You
Hanabi
Wishing
Dearest
Unite!
Angel's Song
Heartplace
Voyage
We Wish
Free & Easy
Startin'
Ladies Night
alterna
vogue
Heaven
Because of You
forgiveness
Memorial address
Moments
Carols
Depend on You
Surreal
Game
fated
Honey

Jesus Christ...xD
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DaAmainator
Fan
Fan
DaAmainator

PostSubject: Re: Ayumi Hamasaki Thread   Ayumi Hamasaki Thread I_icon_minitimeSun May 25, 2008 5:02 pm

Taiyou wrote:
Though, I wish she composed more songs under her CREA name.

Oh? What does this "CREA" stand for?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Taiyou
Taiyou

PostSubject: Re: Ayumi Hamasaki Thread   Ayumi Hamasaki Thread I_icon_minitimeSun May 25, 2008 5:05 pm

CREA is the name of her...dog. xD I believe. I can't recall.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DaAmainator
Fan
Fan
DaAmainator

PostSubject: Re: Ayumi Hamasaki Thread   Ayumi Hamasaki Thread I_icon_minitimeSun May 25, 2008 5:11 pm

Taiyou wrote:
CREA is the name of her...dog. xD I believe. I can't recall.

Ayah! sunny

A dog!!

I shall go look it up!

study

According to this website, it's the name she uses for songwriting.

Does she compose for other artists I wonder?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Taiyou
Taiyou

PostSubject: Re: Ayumi Hamasaki Thread   Ayumi Hamasaki Thread I_icon_minitimeSun May 25, 2008 5:21 pm

Yay! I was right, it's really the name for one of her dogs! But she has wrote awesome songs under her CREA name. Evolution would be the best example, such an infectious song. I wish she would compose more songs...D=

I don't think she writes songs for other artists...at least from what I know. ^^;
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Nintendofanboy
Fan
Fan
Nintendofanboy

Number of posts : 153

PostSubject: Re: Ayumi Hamasaki Thread   Ayumi Hamasaki Thread I_icon_minitimeSun May 25, 2008 10:35 pm

I really like her songs "Jewel" and "Voyage." I like these two remixes I have of "Independent" and one remix of "Voyage" that I absolutely adore. Then I have some other songs by her but I have yet to listen to them.

The Jewel PV was really stunning and beautiful I do say.
Back to top Go down
View user profile https://www.youtube.com/user/Mario1242
Taiyou
Taiyou

PostSubject: Re: Ayumi Hamasaki Thread   Ayumi Hamasaki Thread I_icon_minitimeSun May 25, 2008 10:39 pm

The Jewel PV is lovely eyecandy and gorgeous. In fact, it's one of the most expensive PVs ever made and Ayu is the only non-American to hold that title. I can't remember the amount. xD
Back to top Go down
View user profile
kindblue
kindblue

Number of posts : 21

PostSubject: Re: Ayumi Hamasaki Thread   Ayumi Hamasaki Thread I_icon_minitimeMon May 26, 2008 8:02 am

I don't know.....I do really try to listen to her songs but I just don't....don't get hook to it. I do really try but...I don't know....any recommendations????
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DaAmainator
Fan
Fan
DaAmainator

PostSubject: Re: Ayumi Hamasaki Thread   Ayumi Hamasaki Thread I_icon_minitimeMon May 26, 2008 10:36 am

Well, I, personally, love Moments. Listen to that.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
amorphose
amorphose

Number of posts : 9

PostSubject: Re: Ayumi Hamasaki Thread   Ayumi Hamasaki Thread I_icon_minitimeMon May 26, 2008 11:26 am

I absolutely love ayumi hamasaki. Her and Hikki switch back and forth for the title of my favorite artist. I just can't choose one of them. haha

But anyway, what does everyone think of ayu-mi-x 6?

Personally, I loved it to bits! I thought most of the remixes were nothing short of superb! My only complaint was that there was no non-stop mega mix and acoustic orchestra version like with previous ayu-mi-x albums. The iTunes exclusive albums with all of the remix instrumentals and longer edits somewhat made up for that though. Smile

I want another Classical album, please!
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://myspace.com/amorphose
Blue
Fan
Fan
Blue

Number of posts : 83
Registration date : 2008-05-26

PostSubject: Re: Ayumi Hamasaki Thread   Ayumi Hamasaki Thread I_icon_minitimeTue May 27, 2008 1:18 am

Ayu is <3 Smile My first artist what can I say. I could go on all day about how great she is but when I last checked it's a Hikki forum lol anyways

it's always hard for me to pick my favorites of hers. I can't pick my favorite album or song Although I will say I love both Hanabi's <3 I have all her albums, remix albums and singles except for 3 singles that were limited to 300,000 but I'm always on the lookout for them. I've got the majority of her concerts I think I'm missing one.

ayu-mi-x-6 was good I loved the Daishi Dance Heaven <3 It was nice to have another remix album, I didn't know if I was ever going to see another one be made Sad
I have to agree with amorphose I want another classical album that or an acoustic one <3
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Donovon-Bozu
Fan
Fan
Donovon-Bozu

Number of posts : 274
Registration date : 2008-05-28

PostSubject: Re: Ayumi Hamasaki Thread   Ayumi Hamasaki Thread I_icon_minitimeThu May 29, 2008 9:17 am

I Love Ayu!!! My favorite song is Alterna Cool and my favorite album is (miss) understood. Her remix albums are pretty good, too. In fact, the VERY first Ayumi song I heard was You (Agressive Mix) off of one of her Eurobeat albums.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
hayasaki
hayasaki

Number of posts : 12
Registration date : 2008-05-31

PostSubject: Re: Ayumi Hamasaki Thread   Ayumi Hamasaki Thread I_icon_minitimeSat May 31, 2008 10:18 pm

everyone who loves J-Pop probably knows the Queen. LOL! she's my Most Favorite Artist then Utada... LOL.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Amai Wana
Fan
Fan

PostSubject: Re: Ayumi Hamasaki Thread   Ayumi Hamasaki Thread I_icon_minitimeSat May 31, 2008 10:54 pm

kindblue wrote:
I don't know.....I do really try to listen to her songs but I just don't....don't get hook to it. I do really try but...I don't know....any recommendations????

(don't) Leave me alone / 1 LOVE / my name's WOMEN / talkin' 2 myself / decision [rock songs]
JEWEL / Marionette / Together When... / Secret / Pride / HEAVEN / Will [the ballads]
MY ALL / glitter / Startin' / Bold & Delicious / INSPIRE [pop songs]

Even though a bunch of people hate Bold & Delicious, it was my first Ayu song and I love it to death! It's what got me into her!!!
Back to top Go down
Donovon-Bozu
Fan
Fan
Donovon-Bozu

Number of posts : 274
Registration date : 2008-05-28

PostSubject: Re: Ayumi Hamasaki Thread   Ayumi Hamasaki Thread I_icon_minitimeSat May 31, 2008 10:58 pm

ALTERNA IS BEST AYU ROCK SONG!!!
And don't even think about leaving Ayu alone without listening to M!!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
malemale
malemale

Number of posts : 24

PostSubject: Re: Ayumi Hamasaki Thread   Ayumi Hamasaki Thread I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 01, 2008 12:09 pm

Amai Wana wrote:
kindblue wrote:

(don't) Leave me alone / 1 LOVE / my name's WOMEN / talkin' 2 myself / decision [rock songs]
JEWEL / Marionette / Together When... / Secret / Pride / HEAVEN / Will [the ballads]
MY ALL / glitter / Startin' / Bold & Delicious / INSPIRE [pop songs]

Even though a bunch of people hate Bold & Delicious, it was my first Ayu song and I love it to death! It's what got me into her!!!
Me too! I just love that song! (Bold & Delicious) :-D It was actually the first song I heard of her too, hehe, funny :-) I can't see why people hate that song, I think it's rather catchy, hehe (^o^)

Donovon-Bozu wrote:
ALTERNA IS BEST AYU ROCK SONG!!!
And don't even think about leaving Ayu alone without listening to M!!!
I agree! M is one of my favorite song, you should absolutley listen to it! :-D I would actually also recommend the "Above & Beyond" remix of the song (M) from Cyber TRANCE presents ayu trance 2. Even though I don't really like trance, I just love that remix! Pretty much all of the trance remixes are really good, you should listen to them :-D (^o^)

Last edited by madkool on Sun Jun 01, 2008 4:31 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : don't double post ;D)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Amai Wana
Fan
Fan

PostSubject: Re: Ayumi Hamasaki Thread   Ayumi Hamasaki Thread I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 08, 2008 4:26 am

Well I wrote a review for Memorial Address Smile
Memorial address
Back to top Go down
Piasu Maikeru
Fan
Fan
Piasu Maikeru

Number of posts : 119
Registration date : 2008-06-15

PostSubject: Re: Ayumi Hamasaki Thread   Ayumi Hamasaki Thread I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 08, 2008 8:38 am

I've listened to Ayu for a little bit, but she's not my "favorite artist." In my opinion, her music is something that I can listen to on occasion, not something everyday. Hikki and Ayu both have different styles, so what I listen to really depends on an artist's style, and I apparently like Hikki's style better than Ayu's.

Don't get me wrong, I still like Ayu, just not as much as other artists.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
hayasaki
hayasaki

Number of posts : 12

PostSubject: Re: Ayumi Hamasaki Thread   Ayumi Hamasaki Thread I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 29, 2008 8:21 am

Oh My. Ayu is my most favorit Artist preceding Hikki. She's my influence in music, style. etc, LOL
Back to top Go down
View user profile
blue42
Fan
Fan
blue42

Number of posts : 60

PostSubject: Re: Ayumi Hamasaki Thread   Ayumi Hamasaki Thread I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 29, 2008 10:23 am

I'm hoping One's all/claim is as good as the Mirrorcle World single.
I'm still loving it! Ayumi Hamasaki Thread Moddedk340smileyuo0
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Nintendofanboy
Fan
Fan
Nintendofanboy

Number of posts : 153

PostSubject: Re: Ayumi Hamasaki Thread   Ayumi Hamasaki Thread I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 29, 2008 1:03 am

Well I've listened to a lot of Ayumi's songs. I love her MegaMix albums <3. My favorite songs are "M," "Beautiful Day," "Talkin' 2 Myself," "Untitled ~For Her~," "1LOVE," "Rainy Day," "Voyage," "Independent," "Jewel" and others XD.

I wish I could get A COMPLETE ~ALL SINGLES~ for collection and support purposes X3
Back to top Go down
View user profile https://www.youtube.com/user/Mario1242
Blue
Fan
Fan
Blue

Number of posts : 83
Registration date : 2008-05-26

PostSubject: Re: Ayumi Hamasaki Thread   Ayumi Hamasaki Thread I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 29, 2008 5:50 pm

I preordered her Complete ALL SINGLES, Can't wait til it's out already although I ordered it with Ku's new concert so I'll be waiting til the end of September for it to ship out to me ; ;
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ayumi Hamasaki Thread   Ayumi Hamasaki Thread I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Ayumi Hamasaki Thread
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next