HomeHome  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  Return to Hikki StationReturn to Hikki Station  

Movies

Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
DaAmainator
Fan
Fan
DaAmainator

Number of posts : 312
Registration date : 2008-05-24

Movies Empty
PostSubject: Movies   Movies I_icon_minitimeSun May 25, 2008 11:45 am

Lets talk movies! Anything you want! Anime movies, live-action movies, movies that haven't come out yet...

I just saw Iron Man. It was pretty sick-awesome. Looking forward to Pixar's Wall-E.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DSL5
Fan
Fan
DSL5

Number of posts : 87

Movies Empty
PostSubject: Re: Movies   Movies I_icon_minitimeSun May 25, 2008 3:20 pm

I saw Indian Jones with my family last night. It was pretty good, but there's a lot of stuff in it that's a little too unrealistic.

IRON MAN WAS AWSOME!!!!!!!!!! One of the best movies of the year by far. Best line: "I even take out the trash." I couldn't stop laughing!!!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DaAmainator
Fan
Fan
DaAmainator

Movies Empty
PostSubject: Re: Movies   Movies I_icon_minitimeSun May 25, 2008 4:59 pm

I heard Indy wasn't as good this time around. No
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Taiyou
Taiyou

Number of posts : 26

Movies Empty
PostSubject: Re: Movies   Movies I_icon_minitimeSun May 25, 2008 5:15 pm

I saw a review about the new Indiana Jones sequel in the newspaper. I heard from tons of people that it was pretty awful. xD But the last movie was Aoi Haru. I thought it kinda lacked a sense of direction. Until I watched it more and more. I began to grasp the meaning behind it. Highschool boys that have no interest in education and have no future to look forward to. They cling onto violence and crime, being the toughest or strongest. I kinda feel a confusing and lost sense from them. Though, I wish there was more character development and a back-story for the movie. I believe it was based off a manga. And that clapping game scares me. xD And the movie has a pretty kick ass soundtrack, with songs provided by Thee Michelle Elephant Gun.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Skudder
Skudder

Number of posts : 29
Registration date : 2008-05-26

Movies Empty
PostSubject: Re: Movies   Movies I_icon_minitimeMon May 26, 2008 2:37 am

After watching Indy the second time, it didn't seem that bad, the only bad thing was the tarzan swinging scene. It does retain the feeling of the older Indiana Jones movies and that's all I need.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://ego-boundaries.blogspot.com/
Nintendofanboy
Fan
Fan
Nintendofanboy

Number of posts : 153

Movies Empty
PostSubject: Re: Movies   Movies I_icon_minitimeMon May 26, 2008 5:25 am

Sorry for going off topic on Indy >_>

Anyway one of my all time favorite movies has to be "A Tale of Two Sisters." I really liked the set's they used in the movie because it's beautiful outside of the house and creepy/dark inside. The movie acutally made me scream. Not many horror movies can do that. The acting is top notch in the movie. When the stepmother acts like a *ahem* then you acutally start to really hate her. The twists in the movie might make you confused but holy crap is it really good. I hope the remake (USA renamed it to "The Uninvited") will keep the same story and twists as the original.
Back to top Go down
View user profile https://www.youtube.com/user/Mario1242
Blue
Fan
Fan
Blue

Number of posts : 83

Movies Empty
PostSubject: Re: Movies   Movies I_icon_minitimeTue May 27, 2008 1:11 am

Past 3 weekends went to the movies Smile saw Speed Racer, Iron Man, & Indy 4 ^_^ Enjoyed all of them but the movie I'm waiting for is the Dark Knight <3
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Skudder
Skudder

Movies Empty
PostSubject: Re: Movies   Movies I_icon_minitimeTue May 27, 2008 12:26 pm

Nintendofanboy wrote:

Anyway one of my all time favorite movies has to be "A Tale of Two Sisters." I really liked the set's they used in the movie because it's beautiful outside of the house and creepy/dark inside. The movie acutally made me scream. Not many horror movies can do that. The acting is top notch in the movie. When the stepmother acts like a *ahem* then you acutally start to really hate her. The twists in the movie might make you confused but holy crap is it really good. I hope the remake (USA renamed it to "The Uninvited") will keep the same story and twists as the original.

Man, Hollywood is running out of ideas, running to us Asians for stories, haha. I don't really like twists where in the end you're told "Oh she was imagining it all the time" or "oh she's a pyscho". Then they show scenes of when the imagined person was isn't there. The sister was already dead right? These asian horrors really make closets scary, like a body's gonna fall out..haha.
Back to top Go down
AnimeLunatic
Fan
Fan
AnimeLunatic

Number of posts : 104
Registration date : 2008-05-25

Movies Empty
PostSubject: Re: Movies   Movies I_icon_minitimeTue May 27, 2008 4:12 pm

Nintendofanboy wrote:

I rented this movie cause it looked interesting and all I got to say is, "WOW"

This movie is seriously awesome and beautiful in its own way. With a twisted story, good scares; a fairy tale never felt so grimm.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
theara
Fan
Fan
theara

Number of posts : 72

Movies Empty
PostSubject: Re: Movies   Movies I_icon_minitimeWed May 28, 2008 1:41 am

I saw the korean film "Oldboy" last week and I'm still in awe of it. I'm trying to watch the rest of the Vengeance trilogy, which is directed by Park-Chan Wook. After watching that I've been looking for asian cinema since I'm a little tired of Hollywood.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://digg.com/
Skudder
Skudder

Movies Empty
PostSubject: Re: Movies   Movies I_icon_minitimeFri May 30, 2008 11:19 am

Is Iron Man very much worth seeing?
Back to top Go down
Blue
Fan
Fan
Blue

Movies Empty
PostSubject: Re: Movies   Movies I_icon_minitimeFri May 30, 2008 1:06 pm

^It's entertaining. Has alot of action if that's the genre your interested in. It's based off a comic but you don't have to know the comic to enjoy the film.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DaAmainator
Fan
Fan
DaAmainator

Movies Empty
PostSubject: Re: Movies   Movies I_icon_minitimeFri May 30, 2008 3:09 pm

Skudder wrote:
Is Iron Man very much worth seeing?

If you enjoy things like X-Men, Superman, Spiderman, Transformers, then yeah, go and see it; knock your socks off! But if you're not very much into that, then it's not worth seeing. It's very stereotypical comic-book-movie-like. It's not as good as the others, I must say, but it's def worth seeing (especially compared with the other crap in theaters now... No, I don't like Narnia.. Disney is a destroyer of books bounce )
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Nintendofanboy
Fan
Fan
Nintendofanboy

Movies Empty
PostSubject: Re: Movies   Movies I_icon_minitimeFri May 30, 2008 4:27 pm

Has anyone ever seen Three Extremes? I really enjoyed all the segments. Cut was really well done and made you think really hard with some twists thrown in. Dumplings was disgustingly awesome. I like how the main character would do anything to just look younger. Box was very mind bending and very beautiful. Takashii Miike went more of an art direction and used the scenes and the characters actions rather then dialog. Sorry for going off topic on Iron Man Lol
Back to top Go down
Blue
Fan
Fan
Blue

Movies Empty
PostSubject: Re: Movies   Movies I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 02, 2008 1:25 am

I saw the Three Extremes I have to agree that Dumplings was definately disgustingly awesome lol Most of the time I was just in awe affraid
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Crescentlupin9
Crescentlupin9

Number of posts : 34
Registration date : 2008-06-04

Movies Empty
PostSubject: Re: Movies   Movies I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 06, 2008 8:17 pm

Nintendofanboy wrote:

They're going to make an american version? @ _ @ of recent years/films taken from the original asian one, seems........to somehow lack in something....or for me its not as well done as the asian version of it. But yes this movie was very beautiful, colors seems to really brought the setting out too. I, too love the little twists they have in the movie XD and at first you would think the movie was based on persay 'this' but the end it might turn to something like a 'that' and the actress for the stepmother is very lovely, she really took her character and portrayed her nicely. XD
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://crescentlupin9.deviantart.com
chocolate-cravings
chocolate-cravings

Number of posts : 10
Registration date : 2008-06-09

Movies Empty
PostSubject: Re: Movies   Movies I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 10, 2008 4:28 am

theara wrote:
I saw the korean film "Oldboy" last week and I'm still in awe of it. I'm trying to watch the rest of the Vengeance trilogy, which is directed by Park-Chan Wook
Yeah, Vengeance trilogy was awesome, but some time ago I've watched latest Park Chan Wook's film: "I'm a cyborg but that's is OK" and OMG this film is freakin' great! It's something absolute new by this director, not a bit similar to his previous movies at all (since it's more a comedy Very Happy). I think you won't be disappointment.
Btw, main actors are: Rain (korean musican) and actress playing in mentioned A Tales of Two Sisters for example. They acted well Cool
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Donovon-Bozu
Fan
Fan
Donovon-Bozu

Number of posts : 274
Registration date : 2008-05-28

Movies Empty
PostSubject: Re: Movies   Movies I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 10, 2008 8:26 am

Has anyone seen one of the best J-Horror movies, Audition? It made me scared of Asian women for a few months. Shocked
Back to top Go down
View user profile
raul27
Fan
Fan

Number of posts : 79

Movies Empty
PostSubject: Re: Movies   Movies I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 11, 2008 5:20 pm

i have Audition on my PC, i'll watch it sometime:D
Back to top Go down
View user profile https://www.youtube.com/raulxhikki
Nintendofanboy
Fan
Fan
Nintendofanboy

Movies Empty
PostSubject: Re: Movies   Movies I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 11, 2008 5:52 pm

Audition was so good, that girl was so sweet and innocent. I love the other movie that the director of Audition made. Which would be Chakushin Ari, or as most of you know it, One Missed Call.

The actress from "A Tale of Two Sisters" does infact play in the movie "I'm a cyborg but that's ok" but I never knew Park Chan Wook directed Cyborg, Park is an excellent director

The actress of the stepmother made you just hate the stepmother, she acted that good.

Last edited by Nintendofanboy on Wed Jun 11, 2008 5:53 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Some changes to sentences)
Back to top Go down
Donovon-Bozu
Fan
Fan
Donovon-Bozu

Movies Empty
PostSubject: Re: Movies   Movies I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 12, 2008 8:09 am

Never watch a Hong Kong horror film entitled '餃子 (Gauu Ji)' or 'Dumplings.' Well, it's more of a psychological drama, but it'll make you queasy to NO.END. I did some research on it and some people actually eat that! (If you see it, you'll know what I mean.) But the movie is so GOOD in terms of story, and has BEAUTIFUL cinematography. Okay, maybe you should watch it. But watch it late, late at night. And please don't spoil it by looking it up on Wikipedia. The movie's much more twisted that way. Chinese actress and singer Miriam Yueng and sex-on-a-stick Bai Ling star. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Nintendofanboy
Fan
Fan
Nintendofanboy

Movies Empty
PostSubject: Re: Movies   Movies I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 12, 2008 12:14 pm

Dumplings was acutally in the movie "Three Extremes" lol, I really enjoyed it, but boy it's really disgusting. I told my sister in law if she wanted a dumpling, she told me to shut up, then in the middle she's like "This dumpling is crunchy, want it?" But Dumplings was a wonderful movie.
Back to top Go down
Donovon-Bozu
Fan
Fan
Donovon-Bozu

Movies Empty
PostSubject: Re: Movies   Movies I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 12, 2008 1:26 pm

Actually, that was a different version. Dumplings was made into a 90-minute film by itself that is a lot more powerful in that it develops the characters more, has more scenes, and a different ending.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Nintendofanboy
Fan
Fan
Nintendofanboy

Movies Empty
PostSubject: Re: Movies   Movies I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 12, 2008 3:08 pm

Donovon-Bozu wrote:
Actually, that was a different version. Dumplings was made into a 90-minute film by itself that is a lot more powerful in that it develops the characters more, has more scenes, and a different ending.
The 90 minute version was included in "Three Extremes" but I never got to watching it sadly D:
Back to top Go down
raul27
Fan
Fan

Number of posts : 79

Movies Empty
PostSubject: Re: Movies   Movies I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 24, 2008 2:38 pm

watched Hantsukoi (First Love) starring Aoi Miyazaki

Smile

i was bored but enjoyed it after an hour Very Happy cause i learned why the movie title is First Love Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile https://www.youtube.com/raulxhikki
Sponsored content

Movies Empty
PostSubject: Re: Movies   Movies I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Movies
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Hikki Station Forums :: General :: General Discussion-
Jump to: