HomeHome  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  Return to Hikki StationReturn to Hikki Station  

Movies

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Lucy Ford
Lucy Ford

Number of posts : 13
Registration date : 2008-07-03

Movies - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Movies   Movies - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 03, 2008 7:39 pm

theara wrote:
I saw the korean film "Oldboy" last week and I'm still in awe of it. I'm trying to watch the rest of the Vengeance trilogy, which is directed by Park-Chan Wook. After watching that I've been looking for asian cinema since I'm a little tired of Hollywood.

I've got that one on my SwapaDVD wishlist, I'm not coo-coo about seeing it or anything (or else I would of bought it) but it must be pretty good on account of I've got sixteen people in front of me yet ... and I've been 'wishing' for a few months haha; yikes. XP

Anyway, *cough* Donnie Darko. Shocked
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Nintendofanboy
Fan
Fan
Nintendofanboy

Number of posts : 153
Registration date : 2008-05-24

Movies - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Movies   Movies - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 03, 2008 10:08 pm

I want to watch the movie Carved, or as it's also known "Slit-Mouthed Woman" It looks interesting and creepy.
Back to top Go down
View user profile https://www.youtube.com/user/Mario1242
DaAmainator
Fan
Fan
DaAmainator

Number of posts : 312

Movies - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Movies   Movies - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 03, 2008 10:37 pm

WALL-E WAS AMAZING everyone! You guys should totally go see it! Also, the Borne series is soon to be watched by me. And a note on Wall-E...

Spoiler:

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Prisoner of Hikki
Fan
Fan
Prisoner of Hikki

Number of posts : 141

Movies - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Movies   Movies - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 03, 2008 10:52 pm

DaAmainator wrote:
WALL-E WAS AMAZING everyone! You guys should totally go see it! Also, the Borne series is soon to be watched by me. And a note on Wall-E...

Spoiler:

My brothers are in America watching it... probably now lol!

Wow Nintendofanboy, you really like horror films! And are you sending your nightmares to me instead? Cause recently I've been having horrifying dreams XD One of them being surviving a zombie apocalypse...

Last edited by Prisoner of Hikki on Mon Sep 01, 2008 1:08 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
theara
Fan
Fan
theara

Number of posts : 72

Movies - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Movies   Movies - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 03, 2008 11:09 pm

DaAmainator wrote:

Spoiler:

Wall-E got outstanding ratings on most review sites. It is already ranked #6 on IMDB's top 250 movies of all time. It really must be that good...
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://digg.com/
DaAmainator
Fan
Fan
DaAmainator

Movies - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Movies   Movies - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 03, 2008 11:20 pm

It truly is. However, I do not think it's better than Finding Nemo, possibly because I was younger when Finding Nemo first came out and the magic was more there, but Wall-E, even for a teenager, was magical and lots of fun! I don't think anyone can been too picky with it unless they hate movies. Period.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lucy Ford
Lucy Ford

Number of posts : 13
Registration date : 2008-07-03

Movies - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Movies   Movies - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 04, 2008 12:55 am

I actually thought Wall-E was kind of creepy when I first saw the previews for it ... I guess it was the nutty robot voices. Now that I've seen it advertised a gazillion times it doesn't seem quite as jarring as before (I've been brainwashed; thanks, Pixar). =P
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DaAmainator
Fan
Fan
DaAmainator

Movies - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Movies   Movies - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 04, 2008 11:18 am

Well, the voices are made by the same dude who did R2D2 and the rest of the robots in the Star Wars world. I think it was just to add the robot effect to it. The voices, in my opinion, are really really cool!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
theara
Fan
Fan
theara

Movies - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Movies   Movies - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 05, 2008 1:50 pm

I saw WALL-E yesterday...

That was definitely worth $10. I'm sure everyone will find the film entertaining. The film is neither too short or too long, just perfect.

I will definitely get the Blu-ray when it comes out.
Back to top Go down
Donovon-Bozu
Fan
Fan
Donovon-Bozu

Number of posts : 274
Registration date : 2008-05-28

Movies - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Movies   Movies - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 05, 2008 4:19 pm

It was so sweet. I practically went "AWWWW" when it showed Wall-E going out on dates with EVE when she was in "hibernation" mode. But the film itself brings up an important point:
While I'm not saying that it will be a carbon copy of it, our future is starting to look like that. Uninhabited, desolate, unlivable Earth may seem like a joke, but it could happen in 500 to 900 years if we're not careful. And the world is getting fatter and fatter every day, with heart-attack-on-a-bun stands like McDonalds opening up everywhere. I doubt our future will be that hopeless, but it's possible...

Scary.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DaAmainator
Fan
Fan
DaAmainator

Movies - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Movies   Movies - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 05, 2008 4:46 pm

Oh yeah. I totally believe what D-B's sayin'. That definitely is an over-exaggerated version of our future. I was cracking up when I saw the obesity and the satellite trash surround Earth. I just kept thinking, "We've been through so many years getting to where we are now. Why waste all those years just because of laziness?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Prisoner of Hikki
Fan
Fan
Prisoner of Hikki

Number of posts : 141

Movies - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Movies   Movies - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 08, 2008 8:09 am

Donovon-Bozu wrote:
And the world is getting fatter and fatter every day, with heart-attack-on-a-bun stands like McDonalds opening up everywhere.

I think I'll call hamburgers by that name from now on XD
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Piasu Maikeru
Fan
Fan
Piasu Maikeru

Number of posts : 119
Registration date : 2008-06-15

Movies - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Movies   Movies - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 08, 2008 8:11 am

I absolutely loved Wall-E. It wasn't a comedy (FINALLY!) and it was just a movie that made you go, "Awwww."

Only thing is that when I went to go see Wall-E, I snuck in a bag of Jolly Ranchers (which I still have.)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
kindblue
kindblue

Number of posts : 21

Movies - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Movies   Movies - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 30, 2008 10:14 am

I watched the movie "The Dark Knight" the day after its premiere. For me the movie was great. The plot was OK, but the performance of the actors made it BETTER. clown:"Why so serious?" -Joker Laughing
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DaAmainator
Fan
Fan
DaAmainator

Movies - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Movies   Movies - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 30, 2008 10:53 am

I liked the twist that the Dark Knight had on Twoface. It TOTALLY doesn't follow the comics rabbit , but it was an interesting twist. Seeing it in IMAX was an experience of a lifetime. If you have one near you, you should definitely score it up.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sanosuke
Top Admin
Top Admin
Sanosuke

Number of posts : 210
Registration date : 2008-05-22

Movies - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Movies   Movies - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 05, 2008 2:14 am

Heath Ledger as the Joker was just superb.

I mean...the guy is so insane that he'll be in your thoughts for a while after watching the movie.

The Dark Knight is definately recommended.

theara
Fan
Fan
theara

Movies - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Movies   Movies - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 05, 2008 3:10 am

I just wished I didn't know of Heath Ledger's death and his great performance. The movie had a lot of hype that it met but I wanted to go in without any thoughts of Heath's 'Greatest Performance'
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Movies - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Movies   Movies - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Movies
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Hikki Station Forums :: General :: General Discussion-
Jump to: