HomeHome  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  Return to Hikki StationReturn to Hikki Station  

Second English Album

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Are you anticipating for the next English album?
Yes
Second English Album - Page 2 I_vote_lcap96%Second English Album - Page 2 I_vote_rcap
 96% [ 45 ]
No
Second English Album - Page 2 I_vote_lcap2%Second English Album - Page 2 I_vote_rcap
 2% [ 1 ]
Maybe
Second English Album - Page 2 I_vote_lcap2%Second English Album - Page 2 I_vote_rcap
 2% [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 47

AuthorMessage
Rather Hazy
Fan
Fan
Rather Hazy

Number of posts : 137
Registration date : 2008-05-22

Second English Album - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Second English Album   Second English Album - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun May 25, 2008 3:01 am

hageshii_AME wrote:
I'm actually very very excited. Beyond excited.

I know a lot of people really don't prefer her English album because they say something along the lines of, "It's too shallow," "She sounds weird," "She got taken over by the market," but I really love these songs because it makes you think for a long time to understand what it actually means. Almost every song had a wonderful personality and meaning, and I'm sure it didn't appeal to me at first, but I began to love every second of it.

Utada-san loves trying out new things, and I'm sure that the previous album and this next new one will give her another new step in her career.
I couldn't agree with you more. The problem is so many of Utada's fans take her too seriously. I like her serious lyrics but I also like her fun lyrics, and I thought she did a great job on Exodus. Not necessarily with the content (which still wasn't bad) but the way they rhymed and flowed, they took on melodies that I had never heard in her Japanese music, English is so much more musical a language.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
pauloferreira
pauloferreira

Number of posts : 34
Registration date : 2008-05-24

PostSubject: Re: Second English Album   Second English Album - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun May 25, 2008 10:29 am

Pu_Jif wrote:
nword803 wrote:
On the Second english album I really hope she does a ballad

Exodus didn't have a ballad.

I have a thing for strings so i love Utada's Ballads because she always use strings.

Also she said she had written prisoner of love in english and translated to japanese (spell check). So I hope a version of prisoner of love is on the new cd too.

if all songs are ballads, that't not Utada I know

Not all the album, maybe just a few songs.

Prisoner Of Love would be good to listen in English! Has the rhytm... Very Happy

Well, she might think 'bout the words on the music, and try to do an English more usual, that we hear on music, just as said above...

That's why I wanted that she gone to USA to Island Headquarters and get some help from some writers, 'cos it would be more easier, dont'cha?? Of course, she writes perfectly (man, Take 5 was espetacular!), but the English has their own particularty..
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.pauloferreira.uaivip.com.br
Hikkifan34
Fan
Fan
Hikkifan34

Number of posts : 58

PostSubject: Re: Second English Album   Second English Album - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun May 25, 2008 3:57 pm

as a true Hikaru fam I have to say i yes I am waiting for it
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.crystal-utada.net
AnimeLunatic
Fan
Fan
AnimeLunatic

Number of posts : 104
Registration date : 2008-05-25

PostSubject: Re: Second English Album   Second English Album - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun May 25, 2008 4:05 pm

ROFL.

21 Yes

0 No

1 Maybe
Back to top Go down
View user profile
hageshii_AME
hageshii_AME

Number of posts : 33

PostSubject: Re: Second English Album   Second English Album - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun May 25, 2008 6:53 pm

Rather Hazy wrote:

I couldn't agree with you more. The problem is so many of Utada's fans take her too seriously. I like her serious lyrics but I also like her fun lyrics, and I thought she did a great job on Exodus. Not necessarily with the content (which still wasn't bad) but the way they rhymed and flowed, they took on melodies that I had never heard in her Japanese music, English is so much more musical a language.

Yes! That was something else I loved! Utada's songs in Japanese have a slight feel of english, and in english a feel for asian music! It's one of the things that make me love her, because she really does try to mix the two cultures.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Blue
Fan
Fan
Blue

Number of posts : 83
Registration date : 2008-05-26

PostSubject: Re: Second English Album   Second English Album - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon May 26, 2008 2:15 am

For the new English album although I liked some of Exodus I want something different. I'd like what Deep River is only in English. Not the same songs But a variety of different styles Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Gold_Station
Gold_Station

Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2008-05-26

PostSubject: Re: Second English Album   Second English Album - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon May 26, 2008 4:17 am

I hope she translates Traveling for it.^-^
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DaAmainator
Fan
Fan
DaAmainator

Number of posts : 312

PostSubject: Re: Second English Album   Second English Album - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon May 26, 2008 10:23 am

Gold_Station wrote:
I hope she translates Traveling for it.^-^

There's a definite possibility: Will she translate a song for it? I mean, there wasn't a translation on Exodus, but I think Hikki knows she's going to be attracting the same type of fans as in Japan, only English speaking. Perhaps she'll do what she did for Passion and translate a song.

If so, which song will it be???

confused scratch
Back to top Go down
View user profile
amorphose
amorphose

Number of posts : 9

PostSubject: Re: Second English Album   Second English Album - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon May 26, 2008 11:20 am

I'm praying, praying, praying that she records that English version of Prisoner Of Love for her new English album.

It would be a perfect lead/breakthrough single for her in the US. To me, PoL sounds so much like it could do well on the American radio. It'd be a shame if she passed up that opportunity.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://myspace.com/amorphose
AnimeLunatic
Fan
Fan
AnimeLunatic

Number of posts : 104

PostSubject: Re: Second English Album   Second English Album - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon May 26, 2008 1:05 pm

If she does PoL in English, I could die happy.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
amorphose
amorphose

Number of posts : 9

PostSubject: Re: Second English Album   Second English Album - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon May 26, 2008 1:58 pm

The lyrics for PoL were originally written in English, so as long as there are no copyright issues with EMI and IDJ it's a great possibility the English version will be recorded and released! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://myspace.com/amorphose
Rather Hazy
Fan
Fan
Rather Hazy

Number of posts : 137

PostSubject: Re: Second English Album   Second English Album - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue May 27, 2008 8:56 am

Don't forget that Exodus '04's lyrics were written in Japanese first though and that was a strictly English song, so don't get your hopes up. I would prefer she wrote original material anyway rather than rehashing.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
KremlinChaos
Fan
Fan
KremlinChaos

Number of posts : 82
Registration date : 2008-05-27

PostSubject: Re: Second English Album   Second English Album - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed May 28, 2008 12:33 am

I can't wait! Actually the last two days I've been dreaming about it. In my first dream I bought the album and loved it. It was half English and half Japanese lol. In my second dream I bought it and it was called Exodus Extended Version and had 52 songs XD. My dreams are so messed.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
blue42
Fan
Fan
blue42

Number of posts : 60

PostSubject: Re: Second English Album   Second English Album - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed May 28, 2008 7:39 pm

Has anyone heard "By Your Side" by Timbaland?
It has Utada on it.
Jeez, it's good.
All the songs she has in english that have other people singing are GREAT. (Ex; "Blow My Whistle")
I wish she'd do those types of songs, Neutral
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DSL5
Fan
Fan
DSL5

Number of posts : 87

PostSubject: Re: Second English Album   Second English Album - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed May 28, 2008 9:50 pm

I'd never heard that before so I just took a listen on youtube.
Really good! I hope she puts songs like that on her new album too!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Donovon-Bozu
Fan
Fan
Donovon-Bozu

Number of posts : 274
Registration date : 2008-05-28

PostSubject: Re: Second English Album   Second English Album - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu May 29, 2008 6:48 pm

Well, with the whole Stargate Apple and Cinnamon thing, it seems this will be more mainstream, less experimental Crying or Very sad . Oh well, maybe they'll try combining the two ??? Very Happy
If I had to pick a translated bonus song for the album, it would be...Sakura Drops or...ooh! Can You Keep A Secret!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DaAmainator
Fan
Fan
DaAmainator

Number of posts : 312

PostSubject: Re: Second English Album   Second English Album - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu May 29, 2008 8:47 pm

I'd LOOOVE beautiful world as an added extra! An perhaps it'll be something like "Do You" mixed with Heart Station?
Please?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sanosuke
Top Admin
Top Admin
Sanosuke

Number of posts : 210

PostSubject: Re: Second English Album   Second English Album - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu May 29, 2008 8:54 pm

I doubt that there will be any of that...

I personally want all original content excluding a possible English version of "Prisoner Of Love." Razz

Amai Wana
Fan
Fan

Number of posts : 256

PostSubject: Re: Second English Album   Second English Album - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu May 29, 2008 9:43 pm

Yeah, I don't want ANY translated songs on the album to take away from all new material. I dunno, but that idea never appealed to me...
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://amaiwana.wordpress.com/
Donovon-Bozu
Fan
Fan
Donovon-Bozu

PostSubject: Re: Second English Album   Second English Album - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu May 29, 2008 9:54 pm

Well, I think it's just the chance for Western listeners to hear Hikki in their native tongue that appeals so much. And I must admit, when you hear a Japanese singer like Hikki singing in your own language, when you don't have to look up on the internet for the translation, it...it's like...ear candy. Not that I'm saying Japanese is bad, I just think it would be refreshing to hear my favorite Japanese songs sung in English. And maybe you're right about the original material thing. Maybe she could include translations as extras on singles in the future, though I seriously doubt it would happen . Wink
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DSL5
Fan
Fan
DSL5

PostSubject: Re: Second English Album   Second English Album - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu May 29, 2008 9:58 pm

I have an idea.

What if she does something like Kiss & Cry and re-mixes a beat from one of her Japanese songs! If she does, I hope she re-mixes Tokyo Nights! It's a really good song and I think a re-mixed version would do well here.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Donovon-Bozu
Fan
Fan
Donovon-Bozu

PostSubject: Re: Second English Album   Second English Album - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu May 29, 2008 10:05 pm

You're a genius.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sanosuke
Top Admin
Top Admin
Sanosuke

Number of posts : 210

PostSubject: Re: Second English Album   Second English Album - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu May 29, 2008 10:06 pm

Donovon-Bozu wrote:
Well, I think it's just the chance for Western listeners to hear Hikki in their native tongue that appeals so much. And I must admit, when you hear a Japanese singer like Hikki singing in your own language, when you don't have to look up on the internet for the translation, it...it's like...ear candy. Not that I'm saying Japanese is bad, I just think it would be refreshing to hear my favorite Japanese songs sung in English. And maybe you're right about the original material thing. Maybe she could include translations as extras on singles in the future, though I seriously doubt it would happen . Wink

Well, the thing is that Utada doesn't seem to be the type of person who would just translate her Japanese songs into English for the Western listeners. That barely takes any effort at all. That would be dissatisfying and completely unoriginal to her. If she wishes to be successful here, she must allow other producers to help her out. I'm half & half with "Stargate," but hey, I would rather have them helping Utada out than Timbaland.

Donovon-Bozu
Fan
Fan
Donovon-Bozu

PostSubject: Re: Second English Album   Second English Album - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu May 29, 2008 10:08 pm

Really? I feel Timbaland's beats suits Utada's voice more than something by Stargate, but you never know!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DSL5
Fan
Fan
DSL5

PostSubject: Re: Second English Album   Second English Album - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu May 29, 2008 10:10 pm

Donovon-Bozu wrote:
You're a genius.

lol, thanks. I try.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Second English Album   Second English Album - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Second English Album
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next