HomeHome  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  Return to Hikki StationReturn to Hikki Station  

Share
 

 Second English Album

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Are you anticipating for the next English album?
Yes
Second English Album - Page 4 I_vote_lcap96%Second English Album - Page 4 I_vote_rcap
 96% [ 45 ]
No
Second English Album - Page 4 I_vote_lcap2%Second English Album - Page 4 I_vote_rcap
 2% [ 1 ]
Maybe
Second English Album - Page 4 I_vote_lcap2%Second English Album - Page 4 I_vote_rcap
 2% [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 47
 

AuthorMessage
Sanosuke
Top Admin
Top Admin
Sanosuke

Number of posts : 210
Registration date : 2008-05-22

Second English Album - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Second English Album   Second English Album - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 24, 2008 4:14 pm

Amaterasu wrote:
I appreciate where you are coming from, Rather Hazy - but as a fan who totally hates Exodus I would have to state my opinion: that I find most of her songs on that unlistenable.

I find 'Wonder 'Bout' absolutely curdling to my ears.

If Hikki did produce them all by herself, then good for her *pat on back*, but it doesn't change the fact that I still hate that album. And I hope to Gord that she'll do a better job on album 2.

Her music is much better than what is present on Exodus. Being alien from the music industry myself, I do not know what 'producing' means, but I do know that she composes and writes the lyrics to songs - from this, I know that she's done better. Prisoner of Love, for a quick example.

I enjoy Hikaru's music because it's -good-. Experimentation or common denominator be damned. I would prefer her not to cater to the masses and become something she's not (this is what I feel Exodus to being), or to somehow stupify her music. But I do want some consistancy; I want the next album to garner this reaction from me. "This is good, this is Hikki." as opposed to what happened before, "This is bad, THIS is Hikki?"

She can be experimental and still make GOOD music. I mean.. there's Ultra Blue, right?

I absolutely agreed with everything you said. Songs like "The Workout" and "Wonder 'Bout" were a pain for me to listen. I wished she did more stuff like "Kremlin Dusk" & "Tippy Toe," those were enjoyable. As long as her second English album is up-to-level with her Japanese albums, that's fine. I could care less about whether or not it will do well in the States. It's not her loss, it's the public's loss for not giving her a listen.

_________________
Second English Album - Page 4 1
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://hikkistation.net
Donovon-Bozu
Fan
Fan
Donovon-Bozu

Number of posts : 274
Age : 24
Location : Georgia...*shudders*...
Registration date : 2008-05-28

Second English Album - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Second English Album   Second English Album - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 24, 2008 4:26 pm

Wait, you said she was catering to the masses with Exodus? I'm sorry, but that album's a lot more experimental than the trashy junk you hear on American radio nowadays.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rather Hazy
Fan
Fan
Rather Hazy

Number of posts : 137
Age : 32
Location : Australia
Registration date : 2008-05-22

Second English Album - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Second English Album   Second English Album - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 24, 2008 7:48 pm

Amaterasu wrote:
I appreciate where you are coming from, Rather Hazy - but as a fan who totally hates Exodus I would have to state my opinion: that I find most of her songs on that unlistenable.

I find 'Wonder 'Bout' absolutely curdling to my ears.

If Hikki did produce them all by herself, then good for her *pat on back*, but it doesn't change the fact that I still hate that album. And I hope to Gord that she'll do a better job on album 2.

Her music is much better than what is present on Exodus. Being alien from the music industry myself, I do not know what 'producing' means, but I do know that she composes and writes the lyrics to songs - from this, I know that she's done better. Prisoner of Love, for a quick example.

I enjoy Hikaru's music because it's -good-. Experimentation or common denominator be damned. I would prefer her not to cater to the masses and become something she's not (this is what I feel Exodus to being), or to somehow stupify her music. But I do want some consistancy; I want the next album to garner this reaction from me. "This is good, this is Hikki." as opposed to what happened before, "This is bad, THIS is Hikki?"

She can be experimental and still make GOOD music. I mean.. there's Ultra Blue, right?
What I mean by producing is the same as arranging, excluding Timbaland's tracks, on Exodus Hikaru operated all the computers herself to directly pick and create the sounds she wanted to have in her songs. Before then she was part of that process but she wasn't in charge, the only song she produced all by herself prior to Exodus was HAYATOCHI-REMIX. This might not sound like much but apart from Boku Wa Kuma, the last Japanese song in which she wasn't in the front seat for producing was Colors and if you listen to that in contrast with any other song from UB or Exodus or Heart Station there's quite a remarkable difference in the way they sound.

I agree with you about Ultra Blue because after a few years of listening to both albums, Ultra Blue is a much more refined and developed album but also just as creative as Exodus. But I don't want Exodus 2 or Ultra Blue 2 either, more than anything I want to hear something brand new from her every time so it's not hard for me to look at the new English album without thinking of Exodus. I disagree about Exodus catering to the masses though, to me her attitude was more like "Hmm, I wonder if they'll like this", add to that that the masses didn't really like it and I come to my conclusion. tongue Heart Station was catering to the masses. "We want you to write a song for our popular drama, and make it sound as much like First Love as you can". That kind of thing.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
blue42
Fan
Fan
blue42

Number of posts : 60
Age : 26
Registration date : 2008-05-24

Second English Album - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Second English Album   Second English Album - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 17, 2008 5:01 pm

Just a stupid question:
What English versions would anyone like to see in the next album?
I'd love to see Making Love, WINGS, and Kairo since I could see those doing well in the American market.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DaAmainator
Fan
Fan
DaAmainator

Number of posts : 312
Registration date : 2008-05-24

Second English Album - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Second English Album   Second English Album - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 18, 2008 2:15 pm

I'm just throwing this out there: Sanctuary was Utada Hikaru's best English song. It's probably what brought us all to love her. Why didn't she celebrate this more? I mean, yes, Passion was a lot better, but Sanctuary was what brought a lot of English people in. Don't you think she should've at least put it on an album for all of us to love? Don't you think she should've sold it a little more, especially with KH's fame giving her a boost?

Hikaru doesn't seem to want us English speaking people's "consent" to do anything in America. What we enjoy, she wants us to listen to in Japanese.

Anyway, if there were some way to have Beautiful World or Making Love or Keep Tryin' in English (maybe with new lyrics to freshen them up), that'd be GLORY!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rather Hazy
Fan
Fan
Rather Hazy

Number of posts : 137
Age : 32
Location : Australia
Registration date : 2008-05-22

Second English Album - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Second English Album   Second English Album - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 18, 2008 6:38 pm

^ She never had a chance to put Sanctuary on an album or even a single, all thanks to her stupid double contract. The release of Sanctuary couldn't have been more poorly timed, too late to even put it on a re-release of Exodus but still years away from a second album with Island.

I know this is kind of facepalmworthy but I don't want her to stick any English remakes of her Japanese songs on her English album, I want all brand new tracks. D: I think Prisoner Of Love is the only song from HS that might have some kind of American radio appeal myself, but since I'm not particularly fond of it I'm cold on the idea.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
questionsmakemeblue
Fan
Fan
questionsmakemeblue

Number of posts : 50
Age : 27
Location : Texas, United States
Registration date : 2008-06-08

Second English Album - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Second English Album   Second English Album - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 18, 2008 11:52 pm

I don't even know if Prisoner of Love would be on the album, although she can be lazy so maybe she would just remake Prisoner of Love.

I just hope Sanctuary is on it so it will sort of set the mood of the album, and asure us that is it is not a rap hip hop album. (although I have faith it's not going to be one)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sanosuke
Top Admin
Top Admin
Sanosuke

Number of posts : 210
Registration date : 2008-05-22

Second English Album - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Second English Album   Second English Album - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 19, 2008 12:15 am

questionsmakemeblue wrote:
I don't even know if Prisoner of Love would be on the album, although she can be lazy so maybe she would just remake Prisoner of Love.

I just hope Sanctuary is on it so it will sort of set the mood of the album, and asure us that is it is not a rap hip hop album. (although I have faith it's not going to be one)

Out of all of her Japanese tracks from "First Love" to "HEART STATION", "Prisoner of Love" definitely has the best potential to do well in the American market. Aside from changing the lyrics, if she edits the track just a bit to suit the audience, then it is sure to be successful. I stated this before but I want all new content on her upcoming English album, with the exception of "Prisoner of Love" in English.

By the way, unless "Sanctuary" is a bonus track, it should not be on her next album. It's outdated and wouldn't make much of an impact. We all know Utada is working hard on this album, so putting this track seems like a "downgrade" to me rather than something that can help her.

_________________
Second English Album - Page 4 1
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://hikkistation.net
Crescentlupin9
Newbie
Newbie
Crescentlupin9

Number of posts : 34
Age : 29
Registration date : 2008-06-04

Second English Album - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Second English Album   Second English Album - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 19, 2008 3:13 pm

Sanosuke wrote:
questionsmakemeblue wrote:
I don't even know if Prisoner of Love would be on the album, although she can be lazy so maybe she would just remake Prisoner of Love.

I just hope Sanctuary is on it so it will sort of set the mood of the album, and asure us that is it is not a rap hip hop album. (although I have faith it's not going to be one)

Out of all of her Japanese tracks from "First Love" to "HEART STATION", "Prisoner of Love" definitely has the best potential to do well in the American market. Aside from changing the lyrics, if she edits the track just a bit to suit the audience, then it is sure to be successful. I stated this before but I want all new content on her upcoming English album, with the exception of "Prisoner of Love" in English.

By the way, unless "Sanctuary" is a bonus track, it should not be on her next album. It's outdated and wouldn't make much of an impact. We all know Utada is working hard on this album, so putting this track seems like a "downgrade" to me rather than something that can help her.

I, too, agree that if putting "Sanctuary" in it would feel more of a "downgrade" as sano-san said than something that could help her. Also, the new materials would be good too, because it can help new listeners and give her fans something fresh but also within context of her signature ways (if that even makes sense P:) Changing/editing "Prisoner of Love" could be a cool thing, because the song as is, is already differnt and great, but by adding more or giving it more depth and etc i, too, think it could be great XD
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://crescentlupin9.deviantart.com
Sponsored content




Second English Album - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Second English Album   Second English Album - Page 4 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down
 
Second English Album
Back to top 
Page 4 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
 Similar topics
-
» [zEditor] zEditor 1.7.1 [English]

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Hikki Station Forums :: Utada Hikaru :: Music-
Jump to: