HomeHome  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  Return to Hikki StationReturn to Hikki Station  

Lyrics.

Go down 
AuthorMessage
blue42
Fan
Fan
blue42

Number of posts : 60
Registration date : 2008-05-24

Lyrics. Empty
PostSubject: Lyrics.   Lyrics. I_icon_minitimeSun May 25, 2008 1:08 pm

A thread about Utada's lyrics.
While some may seem straightforward, (Prisoner Of Love), what about the other abstract songs?
Discuss any lyrics from her discography.

Take 5
When Utada talks about how this song is about death, I can see that. I feel like it's talking about living her last day "as innocently as [she] can". She's "not despairing over or wishing for anything". And am I the only that feels like she's taking a huge jump on the "knife" part? Like having a knife against your back, the wind keeps her going faster and faster. Like she's jumping off a building. I feel like the song's about suicide. When she says the winter-constellations are her lovers, after that she says "I've always been waiting." In my opinion, she could be talking about a real lover. And she wants to be invisible like the sky. Like, she wants no one to look at her, or to even greater extent, she wished she didn't exist. And also when she says, "I haven't succeeded or failed at anything", she wants to be invisible like the sky. (Unless I'm reading that wrong and she's saying she wants to be like the sky that doesn't fail or succeed at anything.)
Well, that's just my little blab.
Opinions on any other songs?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DaAmainator
Fan
Fan
DaAmainator

Number of posts : 312

Lyrics. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lyrics.   Lyrics. I_icon_minitimeSun May 25, 2008 1:25 pm

I have a huge opinion on Niji-iro BASU. I think the translation is why I love it so much. I'm truly not a depressing person at heart, but I love that it sounds happy but is depressing. Does that make sense?

It talks about how everyone sees a world a lot separate from reality, "beyond" I believe, according to Utada. I think it's a complete opposite meaning to what Fight The Blues is about. I really do like how it has a very innocent aura about it with a "rainbow colored bus", but it's deep and dark.

Very good thread. I very much approve!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
hageshii_AME
hageshii_AME

Number of posts : 33
Registration date : 2008-05-25

Lyrics. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lyrics.   Lyrics. I_icon_minitimeSun May 25, 2008 6:59 pm

I loved Prisoner of Love's lyrics, especially the ones contained in my signature. It seems to me that that song hit me right in my heart, because I'm experiencing something of the sort.

You’re struggling for more, but you’ve had enough
Now you’re just chasing after the shadow of love

For awhile I've been desperately trying to find it, to the point where I would grab anything at first sight.

I also loved You Make Me Want to Be a Man's lyrics, because they're also very true to life. The miscommunication between genders can lead to a gap between two people that really love each other.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
WatashiNoItami
Fan
Fan
WatashiNoItami

Number of posts : 151

Lyrics. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lyrics.   Lyrics. I_icon_minitimeSun May 25, 2008 8:00 pm

Utada is so honest with her lyrics. Her lyrics are from her and her experience and she also knows what people are going through. She connects with her fans so easily because she knows that this is happening to them and she wants to have song for what they're going through.

Even though I love Dareka no..., Prisoner of Love, and Flavor of Life. I'd rather talk about Niji-iro Basu (which would come after those songs). I know some (more like few) people like this song but I know a lot don't. I know the beat is a bit weird but it's unique that's what makes it special. It's such a mixture of happiness and sadness and I'm for sure if anyone was to try to write a song with those two emotions in it then it wouldn't be good at all. If you're just looking at the translation then it looks like its about a happy time and it's just a random story, but if you were to look at what every single detail and what it meant then you'd find the hardships and desires from everyone. "Everybody feels the same" and everyone does even if some people don't think so. The music was wonderfully arranged. If you listen to the song a couple of times then you'd realize like around 3 minutes into the song the mood starts to change: Happy to depressing. And if you realize also that the weird beat is still there yet the feeling is so different from the first half. I could honestly write PAGES about what the lyrics and music means, but that'd be a drag to read! DX I just want to state that atleast respect that song and actually look at in another perspective. ACK! Sorry for the troublesome comment~ ^_^"
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.freewebs.com/horonigai/
Saneless_sorrow
Saneless_sorrow

Number of posts : 3

Lyrics. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lyrics.   Lyrics. I_icon_minitimeMon May 26, 2008 4:05 pm

When I first heard "Devil Inside" back in 05 I think, I was like "WOW..this song is my life, literally".

"Everybody wants me to be their angel
Everybody wants something they can cradle"
Growing up, EVERYBODY thought of me being the sweet, repressed, innocent little boy. Sure, I played along with it, but nobody knew that I hated it. I may have been nice, but I wasn't a goody two shoes. "They don't know I burn" stuck to me the most.

"You don't know cuz you're too busy reading labels" Reflected how people would be like "Oh that Nick is such a sweet kid" and since that was the only impression, or "label" people had on me, or "read", It was all they saw me being. It pissed me off severely.

"I'm waiting for my turn"....I was waiting for my bubble to burst, to finally tell people off, but it never happened. People still thought I was oh so innocent.

Now, I've matured over the years and people know it. There are a few exceptions who still think this way, but it dosen't bother me now. Still, out of all of Hikki's songs, "Devil Inside" sticks to me the most
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

Lyrics. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lyrics.   Lyrics. I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Lyrics.
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Hikki Station Forums :: Utada Hikaru :: Music-
Jump to: