HomeHome  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  Return to Hikki StationReturn to Hikki Station  

Leah Dizon

Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Amai Wana
Fan
Fan

Number of posts : 256
Registration date : 2008-05-25

Leah Dizon Empty
PostSubject: Leah Dizon   Leah Dizon I_icon_minitimeWed May 28, 2008 12:36 am

Leah Donna Dizon has had many previous occupations, most notably a gravure idol. She is currently a singer under Victor Entertainment and has released her debut album, five singles and her second studio album, entitled Communication!!! is on the way.

Discography:

Singles

[2007.02.14.] Softly
[2007.05.30] 恋しよう♪ [Let's Love]
[2007.08.08] LOVE U
[2008.03.26] Love Paradox
[2008.06.25] Vanilla

Albums

[2007.09.12] Destiny Line
[2008.08.20] Communication!!!

Digital Downloads

[2006.10.05] FEVER
[2007.07.25] 恋しよう♪ ~yasukata nakata-capsule mix~

Upcoming Album: Communication!!!

Leah Dizon Ldcdfp0 (CD Only)
Leah Dizon Lddvdsk4 (CD + DVD)

CD Tracklist:
1. Step into my world
2. Love Paradox
3. LOVE SWEET CANDY
4. Without a good-bye
5. Vanilla
6. Nothin' to Lose
7. Lost at Sea
8. Communication!!!
9. Not Too Bad
10. BxKxRxxx
11. Under The Same Sky
12. Thank you

DVD Tracklist:
1. Under the Same Sky (Video Clip)
2. Under the Same Sky (Tokyo Prom Queen Version) (Video Clip)
3. Under the Same Sky (Making Video)
4. Vanilla (Video Clip)
5. Sweet Vanilla shot!
6. Love Paradox (Video Clip)
7. Hong Kong Tour Live & Off Leah's Cut

Last edited by Amai Wana on Sun Jul 13, 2008 5:41 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://amaiwana.wordpress.com/
KremlinChaos
Fan
Fan
KremlinChaos

Number of posts : 82
Registration date : 2008-05-27

Leah Dizon Empty
PostSubject: Re: Leah Dizon   Leah Dizon I_icon_minitimeWed May 28, 2008 12:46 am

I cannot wait for Vanilla. It sounds a lot better than L.O.V.E U.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Amai Wana
Fan
Fan

Leah Dizon Empty
PostSubject: Re: Leah Dizon   Leah Dizon I_icon_minitimeWed May 28, 2008 12:55 am

Argh, I'm waiting for my copies to arrive to listen to the songs so I can't allow myself to listen to any previews.

I hope Vanilla is gonna be as great as Love Paradox because I absolutely love that song. I totally had to pre-order both editions of Vanilla after the awesomeness of Love Paradox.

Have you guys listened to Destiny Line? Do you have any favorite tracks from the album? Mine...

Are You Feelin' For Me?
Drive Me Crazy
Again and Again
Impossible
アイシテル ~Love Story~
Back to top Go down
KremlinChaos
Fan
Fan
KremlinChaos

Leah Dizon Empty
PostSubject: Re: Leah Dizon   Leah Dizon I_icon_minitimeWed May 28, 2008 1:01 am

My favourites are:
Missing
Unmei-sen
Time (Clock of the Heart)
Aishiteru ~Love Story~
Impossible

I still need to buy the album!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Amai Wana
Fan
Fan

Leah Dizon Empty
PostSubject: Re: Leah Dizon   Leah Dizon I_icon_minitimeWed May 28, 2008 1:10 am

Me too KremlinChaos!!!
I wanna work on my Leah Dizon collection but currently I am working on my Kuu collection and want to get a good chunk before the year ends...

But I will buy all new Leah releases without thinking! Smile

I hope Vanilla gets good sales because Love Paradox didn't get what it deserved...
Back to top Go down
KremlinChaos
Fan
Fan
KremlinChaos

Leah Dizon Empty
PostSubject: Re: Leah Dizon   Leah Dizon I_icon_minitimeWed May 28, 2008 1:38 am

I loved Love Paradox. I can't wait for her new album even though it's too early to be thinking about it XD.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
WatashiNoItami
Fan
Fan
WatashiNoItami

Number of posts : 151
Registration date : 2008-05-24

Leah Dizon Empty
PostSubject: Re: Leah Dizon   Leah Dizon I_icon_minitimeWed May 28, 2008 10:25 am

YAY! =D There's a Leah Dizon topic! Have you guys seen the Love Paradox music video? =D I think she looked REALLY Chinese in that video because usually she looks just like a regular mix French and Chinese/Filipino. o_o not that looking Chinese is a bad thing... XDD Grr.
Amai Wana wrote:
Me too KremlinChaos!!!
I wanna work on my Leah Dizon collection but currently I am working on my Kuu collection and want to get a good chunk before the year ends...
Same with me here too! XDD But I've been trying to learn how to do a lot of other things (piano, guitar) so I haven't had the time to actually try to buy some songs. D=
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.freewebs.com/horonigai/
DaAmainator
Fan
Fan
DaAmainator

Number of posts : 312

Leah Dizon Empty
PostSubject: Re: Leah Dizon   Leah Dizon I_icon_minitimeWed May 28, 2008 3:19 pm

I hope you all have seen the interview with Leah and Utada.

Watch it on veoh

The beginning is HILARIOUS (even if you don't understand Japanese)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
WatashiNoItami
Fan
Fan
WatashiNoItami

Leah Dizon Empty
PostSubject: Re: Leah Dizon   Leah Dizon I_icon_minitimeWed May 28, 2008 6:22 pm

I KNOW! =D I thought that was sooooo adorable when Leah went up and put a hand on Utada's shoulder and said "Thank you" and Utada just like screemed "EHHHH?" and started to bang her head! >.< That was too cute. =D
Back to top Go down
Amai Wana
Fan
Fan

Leah Dizon Empty
PostSubject: Re: Leah Dizon   Leah Dizon I_icon_minitimeWed May 28, 2008 7:18 pm

I've seen the video of Hikki and Leah and it's sooo funny. Hikki sounded so sweet and caring for Leah in that video. In case you guys didn't know, Hikki's original title for "Kiss & Cry" was Dancing Leah after Leah Dizon herself!!

I love the Love Paradox PV, particularly the darkly lit dance scenes! HOT!!
Back to top Go down
KremlinChaos
Fan
Fan
KremlinChaos

Leah Dizon Empty
PostSubject: Re: Leah Dizon   Leah Dizon I_icon_minitimeWed May 28, 2008 8:10 pm

I liked her look when she was wearing the purple outfit in the Love Paradox video, the other ones were weird XD.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
WatashiNoItami
Fan
Fan
WatashiNoItami

Leah Dizon Empty
PostSubject: Re: Leah Dizon   Leah Dizon I_icon_minitimeThu May 29, 2008 10:17 am

Leah is so pretty! I never knew that a French/Chinese/Filipino persion would actually turn out that beautiful! Probably 'cause I never heard of a mix ethnicity like that before! XDD
Back to top Go down
DaAmainator
Fan
Fan
DaAmainator

Leah Dizon Empty
PostSubject: Re: Leah Dizon   Leah Dizon I_icon_minitimeThu May 29, 2008 3:03 pm

Hey Leah fans, can you tell me about her background please?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Amai Wana
Fan
Fan

Leah Dizon Empty
PostSubject: Re: Leah Dizon   Leah Dizon I_icon_minitimeThu May 29, 2008 3:10 pm

do you mean her racial background?
Back to top Go down
DaAmainator
Fan
Fan
DaAmainator

Leah Dizon Empty
PostSubject: Re: Leah Dizon   Leah Dizon I_icon_minitimeThu May 29, 2008 4:00 pm

No, I mean what she's about? How'd she get into music?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Amai Wana
Fan
Fan

Leah Dizon Empty
PostSubject: Re: Leah Dizon   Leah Dizon I_icon_minitimeThu May 29, 2008 4:16 pm

Well, I'm not particularly sure about that. From what I'm reading, she was considered a loner and through her modeling experience as a gravure idol, being a race queen, serving in a go-go bar, she attracted a lot of attention (parricularly from Japanese entertainment agencies). So then she realized this and wished to follow a golden opportunity so then she created her demo tape and sent it to agencies hoping for her big break. And that's how she got where she is today.

I don't know the great specifics of the whole situtation but this is at least an overview. Hope this helps!
Back to top Go down
WatashiNoItami
Fan
Fan
WatashiNoItami

Leah Dizon Empty
PostSubject: Re: Leah Dizon   Leah Dizon I_icon_minitimeThu May 29, 2008 6:35 pm

Well I don't know why she wanted to be a singer but I know that she originally wanted to have a singing career before ever being a model. I do know some of her model background. Ummm I think she modeled for with this car magazine and some of these fans thought that she should send it to a Japanese model agency and so she did. They ended up liking it and BAM! she became model! XDD yea but that's all I know...for now~
Back to top Go down
DaAmainator
Fan
Fan
DaAmainator

Leah Dizon Empty
PostSubject: Re: Leah Dizon   Leah Dizon I_icon_minitimeThu May 29, 2008 8:14 pm

Seems that a lot of models become involved in the music business in Japan. It's crazy! Ayumi Hamasaki was a big one and I know a huge percent of models who became singers!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
WatashiNoItami
Fan
Fan
WatashiNoItami

Leah Dizon Empty
PostSubject: Re: Leah Dizon   Leah Dizon I_icon_minitimeThu May 29, 2008 8:40 pm

WOW! Really? She is? Omg... I never knew that and I've listened to her songs for like YEARS! (Utada should be a model. D= She has beautiful eyes and a wonderful bone structure!) I just hope people don't bash on Leah just because she went from modeling to singing...I think that's just horrible of people to bash on ANY of these wonderful Japanese singers...(It's painful to hear people say stuff like, "Leah can't sing for sh*t." or "Utada's voice is cr*ppy and she's fat" and "Otsuka's voice is so annoying" TT~TT)
Back to top Go down
WatashiNoItami
Fan
Fan
WatashiNoItami

Leah Dizon Empty
PostSubject: Re: Leah Dizon   Leah Dizon I_icon_minitimeThu May 29, 2008 8:54 pm

Yea... I know. I wanted to know if she was a good live performer like Hikki so I went on Youtube and watched the live performance of L.O.V.E U and it was pretty okay I guess but when I scrolled down to read the comments there were lots of flames... I enjoy Leah's voice. I mean it's not a "WOW SHE'S SO TALENTED" kind of reaction but it's pretty impressive for someone who isn't even Japanese. I'm not like a total fan of her's or anything 'cause the only reason I got into her was because of that interview thingy with Utada. And if Utada supports her then so will I! XDD
Back to top Go down
Amai Wana
Fan
Fan

Leah Dizon Empty
PostSubject: Re: Leah Dizon   Leah Dizon I_icon_minitimeThu May 29, 2008 9:33 pm

I think it's horrible how people get bashed when they have former occupations like Leah. They are constantly demoralized and called names and that's really unnecessary. I mean enter that world for many decisions - some that people could not even imagine and one day, they might find themselves in the same position.

Seriously, even if Leah was unhappy doing it, people should be proud of her for having the courage to go over to Japan and start a music career - keeping in mind that she is not fluent in Japanese and is still learning today. So yeah, her Japanese may not be perfect but that doesn't mean she should be discouraged from following a dream. I mean nobody is perfect at what they do so it doesn't mean they should do it - she's learning as she's going and doing a pretty good job of doing it too.

As for her looks, she's a pretty girl but it doesn't mean her looks are what's carrying her career. I mean, if she was just about looks then she wouldn't be singing. She would still be a race queen or a gravure idol. Even if that was her way of getting her foot in the door of the entertainment industry, she got to stay there through her voice. If she couldn't sing at all, then why would she be signed at all?

Her live performances are definitely not the terrible crash and burn that people constantly describe them as. I mean performing live is certainly no easy task - it's up to you and you can't just start over. You push through with confidence and your emotions come through your face. So on her Kohaku performance, there was a huge lash of insults for Leah and it was completely un-necessary. It wasn't like a devastatingly horrible performance and you could tell Leah was upset as well with that (and other things concerning that night, as well as things that nobody else might not have known about).

Leah doesn't have to write the most gorgeous lyrics or have the most extravagant music videos, what it all comes down to for me is having her be in a comfortable position with her music. If she has an image true to herself and music to fit with it, then she will have self-confidence and that will help her with live performances. She doesn't have to try and strain herself to sing in notes she can't reach because there is no need for that. Personally, seeing her in a style like "Love Paradox" seemed more "at-home" with her and I would love to see her continue it in the future.
Sorry for such a long post but I love Leah and she has my 100% support Smile
Back to top Go down
WatashiNoItami
Fan
Fan
WatashiNoItami

Leah Dizon Empty
PostSubject: Re: Leah Dizon   Leah Dizon I_icon_minitimeThu May 29, 2008 9:45 pm

AMEN AMAI WANA! I mean she improved A LOT from L.O.V.E U. And it wasn't even a bad performance. Plus she's naturally beautiful, so she can't help it! She's not even Japanese but I personally say that first, she DOES SOUND Japanese, and second, I like it a lot more than some other Japanese singers. And she wrote like half of the songs that she ever released so that's pretty amazing for someone who's still learning Japanese! I thank you for supporting her as much as I am! =D
Back to top Go down
Amai Wana
Fan
Fan

Leah Dizon Empty
PostSubject: Re: Leah Dizon   Leah Dizon I_icon_minitimeThu May 29, 2008 9:49 pm

Thanks sooo much WatashiNoItami!!!

Writing your own lyrics isn't easy so I always appreciate it when artists write their own lyrics. Gives it a little personal touch that is wonderful (not that artists have to write their own lyrics for them to be special).

Apparently she wants to start composing some songs so I hope she gets a chance to do it and I'm sure she'll do fine.

I am really looking forward to Vanilla - all 3 songs!!!

I'm glad that Leah has people like us to support her through the good and the bad! I would love it if she read this and it would give her some support that she can read herself or something!
Back to top Go down
WatashiNoItami
Fan
Fan
WatashiNoItami

Leah Dizon Empty
PostSubject: Re: Leah Dizon   Leah Dizon I_icon_minitimeThu May 29, 2008 9:58 pm

Oh wow, she's going to compose.. THAT'S GREAT FOR HER! XDD Oh and don't forget Hikki! she too supports her. XDD
Back to top Go down
Amai Wana
Fan
Fan

Leah Dizon Empty
PostSubject: Re: Leah Dizon   Leah Dizon I_icon_minitimeThu May 29, 2008 10:02 pm

Yay for Leah. I bet we'll see some work on her 2nd album so I'm definitely looking forward to that.

And Hikki, a mega superstar, supports Leah so she's got one huge fan! Plus the two of us!!! Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Leah Dizon Empty
PostSubject: Re: Leah Dizon   Leah Dizon I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Leah Dizon
Page 1 of 5Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Hikki Station Forums :: General :: Other Music-
Jump to: