Hikki Station Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  Return to Hikki StationReturn to Hikki Station  

The Official Namie Amuro Thread

Go down 
+6
Rather Hazy
KremlinChaos
Blue
WatashiNoItami
Amai Wana
Donovon-Bozu
10 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Donovon-Bozu
Fan
Fan
Donovon-Bozu

Number of posts : 274
Registration date : 2008-05-28

The Official Namie Amuro Thread Empty
PostSubject: The Official Namie Amuro Thread   The Official Namie Amuro Thread I_icon_minitimeThu May 29, 2008 4:39 pm

She may be getting on in her years, but she continues to sound great and produce GREAT music (especially for parties). My favorite songs are WoWa and Violet Sauce (all versions). Who is a Namie fan?
Back to top Go down
Amai Wana
Fan
Fan

Number of posts : 256
Registration date : 2008-05-25

PostSubject: Re: The Official Namie Amuro Thread   The Official Namie Amuro Thread I_icon_minitimeThu May 29, 2008 4:54 pm

I am a definite Namie fan!!!
Anyone else excited for her new BEST album?!!
Do Me More + Sexy Girl sound great!
Back to top Go down
http://amaiwana.wordpress.com/
Donovon-Bozu
Fan
Fan
Donovon-Bozu

PostSubject: Re: The Official Namie Amuro Thread   The Official Namie Amuro Thread I_icon_minitimeThu May 29, 2008 6:37 pm

I wonder what Do Me More and Sexy Girl will sound like...what album will they be featured on...? (Sorry, I'm a newbie fan).
Back to top Go down
Amai Wana
Fan
Fan

PostSubject: Re: The Official Namie Amuro Thread   The Official Namie Amuro Thread I_icon_minitimeThu May 29, 2008 7:05 pm

they will be on her new BEST album that will be released 7/30!
They will be like promotional tracks if you will
Back to top Go down
WatashiNoItami
Fan
Fan
WatashiNoItami

Number of posts : 151
Registration date : 2008-05-24

PostSubject: Re: The Official Namie Amuro Thread   The Official Namie Amuro Thread I_icon_minitimeThu May 29, 2008 8:43 pm

I was never really like a HUGE fan but I still love every song that I heard from her! =D She has a very strong voice and he music are so up-beat and you just have to sing-a-long. XDD I'm hoping I'd become a fan of hers (and Koda Kumi's)
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/horonigai/
Donovon-Bozu
Fan
Fan
Donovon-Bozu

PostSubject: Re: The Official Namie Amuro Thread   The Official Namie Amuro Thread I_icon_minitimeThu May 29, 2008 9:02 pm

Quote :
I was a HUGE fan of PLAY. I definitely think it's her most solid album. And I have to say, I was kind of disappointed with the 60s70s80s single... I didn't think it was anywhere near as good as her PLAY stuff.
Really? I'm kinda digging the retro feel of 60s70s80s.
Back to top Go down
Amai Wana
Fan
Fan

PostSubject: Re: The Official Namie Amuro Thread   The Official Namie Amuro Thread I_icon_minitimeThu May 29, 2008 9:36 pm

Well I wasn't disappointed with 60s 70s 80s but I did prefer PLAY. I dunno, it had a sound that I was more fond of and to be honest, I'm glad that the songs will be on the BEST, reducing the chance that they will appear on a studio album. I wonder what route she'll take next.

The thing about Namie is no matter what she does, she doesn't really disappoint. For me, STYLE was like the turning point (I don't have any of her albums before that yet) and since then, she hasn't disappointed me once. Her upbeat songs are incredible and really what she does best so I hope she's enjoying herself.
Back to top Go down
Blue
Fan
Fan
Blue

Number of posts : 83
Registration date : 2008-05-26

PostSubject: Re: The Official Namie Amuro Thread   The Official Namie Amuro Thread I_icon_minitimeThu May 29, 2008 11:56 pm

I love Namie <3 She's an artist that's come a long way <3 I really enjoy her concerts and her music style. Her concerts are amazing, some of the best I've seen
Back to top Go down
KremlinChaos
Fan
Fan
KremlinChaos

Number of posts : 82
Registration date : 2008-05-27

PostSubject: Re: The Official Namie Amuro Thread   The Official Namie Amuro Thread I_icon_minitimeFri May 30, 2008 3:17 am

I like Namie's music a lot. PLAY was fantastic and it was such a good album for her. I also loved 60s70s80s!
Back to top Go down
Rather Hazy
Fan
Fan
Rather Hazy

Number of posts : 137
Registration date : 2008-05-22

PostSubject: Re: The Official Namie Amuro Thread   The Official Namie Amuro Thread I_icon_minitimeFri May 30, 2008 8:15 am

I had no idea there was a best album coming! I suppose it was due, it was her longest interval between them.

I'm a big Namie fan but unlike a lot of people I'm a fan of stuff from her whole career, not just the "hip pop" era. Sweet 19 Blues is one of the best Japanese albums of all time in my opinion. I think she's great, it's very rare for the Japanese to accept someone who's been around as long as she has and after having quite a low point in her career too.
Back to top Go down
Amai Wana
Fan
Fan

PostSubject: Re: The Official Namie Amuro Thread   The Official Namie Amuro Thread I_icon_minitimeFri May 30, 2008 9:42 am

Yeah, I got into her music around the Hip-Pop era - my turning point begins with STYLE but I do enjoy Concentration 20 -> the title track + B w/z you are 2 amazing tracks!
Back to top Go down
Donovon-Bozu
Fan
Fan
Donovon-Bozu

PostSubject: Re: The Official Namie Amuro Thread   The Official Namie Amuro Thread I_icon_minitimeFri May 30, 2008 12:12 pm

Move Over Hikki, after listening to New Look 79 times in a row, it's the equivalent of crack. drunken
Oh, and I can't seem to get into "Can You Celebrate?" AT ALL. Just...no...why do so many people like it???
Back to top Go down
Blue
Fan
Fan
Blue

Number of posts : 83
Registration date : 2008-05-26

PostSubject: Re: The Official Namie Amuro Thread   The Official Namie Amuro Thread I_icon_minitimeFri May 30, 2008 12:40 pm

^ awww really? I love Can You Celebrate <3 I love when she performs it Live. Especially at Space of Hip Hop Concert She is so cute <3 at the end right before the song ends she sings "I can celebrate" but the crowd starts cheering and she is really shy so she starts giggling for a min or so then she finally shhhhhhs to them & it's just really cute >o< I had thought the song was okay at first listen but then after seeing that performance I just fell in love <3 with the song.
Back to top Go down
Donovon-Bozu
Fan
Fan
Donovon-Bozu

PostSubject: Re: The Official Namie Amuro Thread   The Official Namie Amuro Thread I_icon_minitimeFri May 30, 2008 1:02 pm

does anyone have HQ pictures of all 4 covers of sweet 19 blues??? EDIT: Never mind!
Back to top Go down
Nintendofanboy
Fan
Fan
Nintendofanboy

Number of posts : 153

PostSubject: Re: The Official Namie Amuro Thread   The Official Namie Amuro Thread I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 16, 2008 1:34 pm

I just discovered her with her song "Hide And Seek" which I really enjoy. Maybe I'll listen to some of her other songs.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/Mario1242
Donovon-Bozu
Fan
Fan
Donovon-Bozu

PostSubject: Re: The Official Namie Amuro Thread   The Official Namie Amuro Thread I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 16, 2008 1:50 pm

Yeah, Hide & Seek is awesome. Her best "dancey hip hop" songs like that are on PLAY and Queen of Hip Pop albums.
Back to top Go down
Amai Wana
Fan
Fan

PostSubject: Re: The Official Namie Amuro Thread   The Official Namie Amuro Thread I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 16, 2008 1:58 pm

Yep, those two albums are the ones I recommend most for Namie. STYLE has some pretty good tracks too IMO.

Hide & Seek is one of my all-time fav Namie songs so I'm glad you enjoy it too! I think it's really a fan favorite all around
Back to top Go down
s0ysauce
Sano's Lil' Girl
Sano's Lil' Girl
s0ysauce

Number of posts : 14

PostSubject: Re: The Official Namie Amuro Thread   The Official Namie Amuro Thread I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 16, 2008 6:01 pm

Namie's cool. Some of her songs are really catchy. Probably, my favorite's Baby Don't Cry.

I tried listening to her before-hip-hop songs but I can't really get into it,like Concetration 20. The only song I'm okay with is "Can You Celebrate?" I only okay with it, though.
Back to top Go down
Donovon-Bozu
Fan
Fan
Donovon-Bozu

PostSubject: Re: The Official Namie Amuro Thread   The Official Namie Amuro Thread I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 16, 2008 6:04 pm

Well, Concentration 20 is her most experimental album, so that's probably why. But Concentration 20 (Make You Alright) is one of the best rock songs I've ever heard Cool.
Back to top Go down
Amai Wana
Fan
Fan

PostSubject: Re: The Official Namie Amuro Thread   The Official Namie Amuro Thread I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 16, 2008 6:14 pm

I AGREE AGAIN Donovon-Bozu!
Concentration 20 is my fav album from her early era as i call it [all the albums before STYLE].

Concentration 20 (Make You Alright), B W/z You, Storm and Me Love Peace!! are my favs off the album and they are LOVE!

NEW ALBUM TITLE = BEST FICTION
flower sunny
Back to top Go down
Donovon-Bozu
Fan
Fan
Donovon-Bozu

PostSubject: Re: The Official Namie Amuro Thread   The Official Namie Amuro Thread I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 19, 2008 8:53 pm

Yay! new best album!!! (I hope she re does them like on Love enhanced)!
Back to top Go down
Amai Wana
Fan
Fan

PostSubject: Re: The Official Namie Amuro Thread   The Official Namie Amuro Thread I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 10, 2008 10:38 pm

this thread is dead thus I will try to revive it Smile

BEST FICTION:

The Official Namie Amuro Thread BEST_FICTION_%28CDDVD%29 (CD + DVD)
The Official Namie Amuro Thread BEST_FICTION_%28CD%29 (CD Only)

Reviews:
STYLE
Queen of Hip-Pop
PLAY

Sexy Girl:
Sexy Girl PV
Back to top Go down
Donovon-Bozu
Fan
Fan
Donovon-Bozu

PostSubject: Re: The Official Namie Amuro Thread   The Official Namie Amuro Thread I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 11, 2008 6:29 pm

Yep. Dead thread. Thanks for reviving it.^^
Back to top Go down
blue42
Fan
Fan
blue42

Number of posts : 60

PostSubject: Re: The Official Namie Amuro Thread   The Official Namie Amuro Thread I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 19, 2008 11:40 pm

The Do Me More PV is scary as hell.
:_______: And it's such a good song though!
Even Sexy Girl's Video was better in my opinion. >__>'
Back to top Go down
Nintendofanboy
Fan
Fan
Nintendofanboy

Number of posts : 153

PostSubject: Re: The Official Namie Amuro Thread   The Official Namie Amuro Thread I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 04, 2008 3:18 pm

After blasting Do Me More for like, an hour straight I can say that I'm enjoying more of her music. Some of my favorites so far are Do Me More, Rock Steady, What a Feeling, Full Moon, and Hide & Seek. Hopefully I can get the Best Fiction CD and 60's70's80's Single.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/Mario1242
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Official Namie Amuro Thread   The Official Namie Amuro Thread I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Official Namie Amuro Thread
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next