HomeHome  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  Return to Hikki StationReturn to Hikki Station  

A Small World: Nationality~

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
s0ysauce
Sano's Lil' Girl
Sano's Lil' Girl
s0ysauce

Number of posts : 14
Registration date : 2008-05-25

A Small World: Nationality~ - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Small World: Nationality~   A Small World: Nationality~ - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 05, 2008 12:03 am

100% Chinese here Very Happy

at least, that's what i've been told.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Donovon-Bozu
Fan
Fan
Donovon-Bozu

Number of posts : 274
Registration date : 2008-05-28

PostSubject: Re: A Small World: Nationality~   A Small World: Nationality~ - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 05, 2008 2:30 pm

Ai-Ya! (Sano's Lil' Girl...........................?...???scratch ) Anyways, I love being part Chinese!!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Crescentlupin9
Crescentlupin9

Number of posts : 34
Registration date : 2008-06-04

PostSubject: Re: A Small World: Nationality~   A Small World: Nationality~ - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 06, 2008 8:09 pm

WatashiNoItami wrote:
That's lucky! Whenever I go to Vietnam. Vietnamese people don't even know that I'm Vietnamese! >=O They'd like whisper and be all like "Look at that Japanese girl" or "Look at that Korean girl" It's sad...that even my own people don't even know I'm Vietnamese...TT_TT

Waaaai *raises hand* Me is mostly vietnamese and I believe a very small hint of french in me. And yes when people first met me they wouldn't think I'm vietnamese either D: not until they see my last name lol. But my situation is opposite of yours, when I visit Vietnam people would know who I am since apparently I look a whoooooooooooole lot like my grandma on my father side and my parents teased me that I won't get lost now since everyone knows my grandma and they obviously can tell from me lol But yes I've been mistaken for I believe Korean, Chinese, Japanese and malaysian.........@ _ @
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://crescentlupin9.deviantart.com
soilman
soilman

Number of posts : 20
Registration date : 2008-06-07

PostSubject: Re: A Small World: Nationality~   A Small World: Nationality~ - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 08, 2008 5:37 pm

Hmmm. By country of birth I'm English. By blood 80%+ Scottish and a bit of English (grandmother). My accent is a mixed bag, my Scottish relatives think I sound English but in England everyone calls me the Jock.

To avoid confusion I just say I'm British.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lucy Ford
Lucy Ford

Number of posts : 13
Registration date : 2008-07-03

PostSubject: Re: A Small World: Nationality~   A Small World: Nationality~ - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 04, 2008 7:12 pm

I'm French-Canadian, Irish and British. I'm kind of an oddball in my family being how everyone embraces the fact that they are Irish, whereas I'm attracted to my inner-Canadian haha.

I'd really like to point out something that George Carlin said though, that being proud of your ethnicity is wrong ... a sense of pride comes from accomplishment, but one's ethnicity is, more or less, accidental haha. Therefore, you can be glad that you are something, but don't be proud it hehe. XD Just a tidbit I thought was worth a mention (I'm sure we've all seen the "proud to be [whatever]" hoopla).
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Piasu Maikeru
Fan
Fan
Piasu Maikeru

Number of posts : 119
Registration date : 2008-06-15

PostSubject: Re: A Small World: Nationality~   A Small World: Nationality~ - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 05, 2008 1:49 am

I'm half-American and half-Scottish. Strangely, the half-Scottish side is where I get my red hair and half of my voice from. (Stereotypes ftw!) Although I have never been in Scotland, my mom's ancestors were from there, so that's where I get it from. My dad's ancestors were from America, so that's where I get my American side. My voice is kind of like a mix of American and Scottish; I have the Scottish voice, but I do not have the accent. (Yeah, that made a lot of sense, Maikeru...) My body looks American, and I absolutely hate kilts. I've never tried it on before, but I just hate it. (There went the stereotype!)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Amaterasu
Fan
Fan
Amaterasu

Number of posts : 107
Registration date : 2008-06-11

PostSubject: Re: A Small World: Nationality~   A Small World: Nationality~ - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 05, 2008 2:50 am

100% pure Chinese, but born Canadian. I am very glad to be born in the Western hemisphere - although in another world, I'm sure that I would have said the same about being born in Asia.

This is truly a cultural mosaic here. It's quite intersting.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A Small World: Nationality~   A Small World: Nationality~ - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

A Small World: Nationality~
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2