Hikki Station Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  Return to Hikki StationReturn to Hikki Station  

My upcoming video game project...

Go down 
+3
DSL5
WatashiNoItami
Donovon-Bozu
7 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Donovon-Bozu
Fan
Fan
Donovon-Bozu

Number of posts : 274
Registration date : 2008-05-28

My upcoming video game project... Empty
PostSubject: My upcoming video game project...   My upcoming video game project... I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 04, 2008 5:54 pm

Okay, I would have asked people on RPG Maker forums, but some of them can be real jerks that get angry real quick, so I want your guy's opinions first.
I am working on a new game that, for the time being, is called GLOBE. It is going to be a 2D hand-drawn RPG, similar to SaGa games or Odin Sphere. It will take place in a massive world. The main cultures are a sort of mix between Asian, Native American, and Edwardian / Victorian European. I know it sounds wierd, but some of the characters I'm designing are influenced by..eh heh, J-Pop artists. For example, I created sketches of a character that looks eeriely similar to Ami Suzuki on the cover of her DOLCE CD.
It is called GLOBE because the world is gigantic, and there are over 150 playable characters (this is confirmed, I am definately not changing my mind, it's already made up). There is also a plot connection later in the story of the game that relates the title in it. I am drawing EVERYTHING, and I only 2% done.
The story is kind of wierd. There are enemies, per say. But there is no real main villain in the game. But there are many minor villains. At the start of the game, you will be asked a 15 question quiz that will determine the start of the game (for example, there could be question that could ask "If there was a cute little kitten in the road, and you were about to run it over, would you steer away, or hit it anyway?" Picking "I would hit it anyway" would result in something different from "Of course I would steer! Are you crazy?!") Conversations with characters can also affect your relationship with them (For example, if you were playing as a sexy blonde villainess, you could sweet talk the good guy hero into joining your evil party). There will also be many multiple endings.
While it's too early to really comment, music in the game will be inspired by everything from Nobou Uematsu epic-ness to a raunchy Koda Kumi song like Juicy.

So, does this sound interesting?
Back to top Go down
WatashiNoItami
Fan
Fan
WatashiNoItami

Number of posts : 151
Registration date : 2008-05-24

PostSubject: Re: My upcoming video game project...   My upcoming video game project... I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 04, 2008 7:34 pm

YES IT DOES! =D Although I'm not a big game fan...(I've said it a couple of times that I suck like cr*p on games) but the whole plot sounds so interesting. It's good that everyone won't end up with the same ending or beginning 'cause that'd make EVERYTHING boring. What's even more awesome is that it's based on many cultures which I really like! (and J Pop music too! XDD) I hope this will game will turn out REALLY good and will be successful! =D I'm looking forward to anymore future updates on this game. Keep it going! XDD
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/horonigai/
Donovon-Bozu
Fan
Fan
Donovon-Bozu

PostSubject: Re: My upcoming video game project...   My upcoming video game project... I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 04, 2008 8:07 pm

well, I just finished a character named suzuki, the ami suzuki inspired - girl, who I've decided will be a secret bonus character. the only thing i hate is that i don't have a scanner (GAH!), so it will be a while before i can upload anything (it is a hand-drawn game, after all). Below is the photo that inspired Suzuki:

My upcoming video game project... Dol11
Back to top Go down
DSL5
Fan
Fan
DSL5

Number of posts : 87

PostSubject: Re: My upcoming video game project...   My upcoming video game project... I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 04, 2008 8:44 pm

Wow, your game sounds awesome! Way better than any of the games I tried to make with RPGMXP. If you need any help, I'd be happy to volunteer. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Nintendofanboy
Fan
Fan
Nintendofanboy

Number of posts : 153

PostSubject: Re: My upcoming video game project...   My upcoming video game project... I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 04, 2008 9:02 pm

Wow the game sounds like a wonderful idea. I'd love to try it if you make it.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/Mario1242
Sanosuke
Top Admin
Top Admin
Sanosuke

Number of posts : 210
Registration date : 2008-05-22

PostSubject: Re: My upcoming video game project...   My upcoming video game project... I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 04, 2008 9:21 pm

*Moved to Creations*
Back to top Go down
http://hikkistation.net
Donovon-Bozu
Fan
Fan
Donovon-Bozu

PostSubject: Re: My upcoming video game project...   My upcoming video game project... I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 04, 2008 9:56 pm

Nintendofanboy wrote:
Wow the game sounds like a wonderful idea. I'd love to try it if you make it.

Well, actually, I'm using the new RPG Maker VX, which is the upgrade.
Back to top Go down
DSL5
Fan
Fan
DSL5

PostSubject: Re: My upcoming video game project...   My upcoming video game project... I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 04, 2008 11:52 pm

there's a new one?!?!?!?!?!?!? confused confusedconfused

wow...i'm outta the loop.....

EDIT: I got the demo, and I'm quite upset. Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad I used to have so much fun mapping in RMXP, but this new version takes all the fun out of it by removing the layer system and filling the single tileset with waaaaaaaaaay too many autotiles. Mad Mad Mad Mad

I like RMXP better. Worse graphics maybe, but more fun to create with.
Back to top Go down
Donovon-Bozu
Fan
Fan
Donovon-Bozu

PostSubject: Re: My upcoming video game project...   My upcoming video game project... I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 05, 2008 8:14 am

Yeah, a lot of RPGMaker forums hate VX too. But I was never good at XP, and I figured, why not start over with VX? I did like the layer system, though.
Back to top Go down
DaAmainator
Fan
Fan
DaAmainator

Number of posts : 312

PostSubject: Re: My upcoming video game project...   My upcoming video game project... I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 05, 2008 4:49 pm

Whoa! Your game sounds sorta epic. The first part sounds sorta cheesy, though, like a Quizilla quiz gone wild, but, I sorta like it!! It would be cool if the quiz chose your character. It's CRAZY how many characters your going to have, though!!

I really like your theme. Yeah, it's totally weird, but it sounds really really cool. I don't know why, but it seems like you have the creativity to pull it off.

Best of luck, man, and keep us updated on how it's going. What are you going to do when it's done?
Back to top Go down
Donovon-Bozu
Fan
Fan
Donovon-Bozu

PostSubject: Re: My upcoming video game project...   My upcoming video game project... I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 05, 2008 6:40 pm

Keep Delaying it until it's just right, create a small site for it (by the way, it will be posted on RPG RPG Revolution and RMXP soon), of course, it's going to be free, but if it's popular enough...I don't know...make a new game, sequel...but that's FAR from now. Godlike games don't just fall from the sky, you know.

By the way, finished a secret character (like suzuki) named...AYU!!! Has her own unique clothing, but is sort of mixed between her (miss) understood look and her GUILTY dress. Hair is similar to BOLD & DELICIOUS video, but also has a bun in it. But don't worry. All of it's original. And yes, she looks JUST like Ayumi Hamasaki. Same big eyes, nose, lips, face shape, and ridiculous eyelashes and long nails with feathers on them.
Back to top Go down
WatashiNoItami
Fan
Fan
WatashiNoItami

PostSubject: Re: My upcoming video game project...   My upcoming video game project... I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 05, 2008 6:50 pm

That's cool! XDD It looks like it's going REALLY well with this. When you finish I play your game >=D It's been a while since I ever played a game. XDD Do you plan on making a Hikki character? ;D
Back to top Go down
Donovon-Bozu
Fan
Fan
Donovon-Bozu

PostSubject: Re: My upcoming video game project...   My upcoming video game project... I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 05, 2008 7:00 pm

yes, but she's going to be the hardest character to find in the game. tightly under wraps, but let's just say it involves red. XD
Back to top Go down
DaAmainator
Fan
Fan
DaAmainator

PostSubject: Re: My upcoming video game project...   My upcoming video game project... I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 05, 2008 7:41 pm

ULTRA BLUE wavy perhaps?? Haha! That's awesome! Are you going to name it for us so (if) we find her, we'll know?

Wow, this is fun to talk about! It's like discussing with a real famous video gamer. Hey, the more exposer, the more I want to play this game. Keep working hard, man. You rock!
Back to top Go down
Donovon-Bozu
Fan
Fan
Donovon-Bozu

PostSubject: Re: My upcoming video game project...   My upcoming video game project... I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 06, 2008 10:59 am

Tell me if this midi's good.

Sano: Fixed it for you. Wink
Back to top Go down
AnimeLunatic
Fan
Fan
AnimeLunatic

Number of posts : 104
Registration date : 2008-05-25

PostSubject: Re: My upcoming video game project...   My upcoming video game project... I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 06, 2008 3:10 pm

Do you have any screenshots or the pictures you drew so we can get a visual of how your characters look like?
Back to top Go down
Donovon-Bozu
Fan
Fan
Donovon-Bozu

PostSubject: Re: My upcoming video game project...   My upcoming video game project... I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 06, 2008 3:25 pm

I don't have a scanner, but I'm staying at a friend's house soon, and they have a scanner. That's why I said they'll be up on here in about a month. Wink

Yup. Sucks being poor. Good thing I've got the internet.
Back to top Go down
DSL5
Fan
Fan
DSL5

PostSubject: Re: My upcoming video game project...   My upcoming video game project... I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 06, 2008 4:12 pm

maybe you could take a picture of you're art and upload those?

The MIDI is really good, it just rings in my ears too much in the first half. Perhaps you could lower the volume of the low notes.
Back to top Go down
DaAmainator
Fan
Fan
DaAmainator

PostSubject: Re: My upcoming video game project...   My upcoming video game project... I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 06, 2008 4:18 pm

DSL5 wrote:
maybe you could take a picture of you're art and upload those?

The MIDI is really good, it just rings in my ears too much in the first half. Perhaps you could lower the volume of the low notes.

Yeah, I'd be great for a commercial (make it really epic) and I agree with the buzzing in my ears. It sounds pretty sweet, but the incessant rings of that would become annoying. Lower it on the first few notes and make it a little more melody friendly.

Looks pretty sweet. Love your sig!
Back to top Go down
Donovon-Bozu
Fan
Fan
Donovon-Bozu

PostSubject: Re: My upcoming video game project...   My upcoming video game project... I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 06, 2008 4:32 pm

Yes, but the worst thing is that I don't have a digital camera. Crying or Very sad
And what do you mean by melody-friendly?
Back to top Go down
WatashiNoItami
Fan
Fan
WatashiNoItami

PostSubject: Re: My upcoming video game project...   My upcoming video game project... I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 06, 2008 9:40 pm

I like that midi! =D It's like a mix of something cute but something mature. Sadly, I don't know why it's glitchy sorta for me. D= The midi sounds something that was from Memoir's of A Geisha! XDD I don't know...I'm just weird. But I like it and I hope that you'll be able to get your pictures scanned! You shouldn't have told me about >.< Now I'm gonna die not seeing what they look like! XD
Back to top Go down
DaAmainator
Fan
Fan
DaAmainator

PostSubject: Re: My upcoming video game project...   My upcoming video game project... I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 07, 2008 9:39 am

Donovon-Bozu wrote:
And what do you mean by melody-friendly?

Don't try to focus so much on one instrument in the foreground, but mix it in with all the other instruments. Making the tolling quieter would really make it a lot more mixed with the other instruments and "melody-friendly"
Back to top Go down
Donovon-Bozu
Fan
Fan
Donovon-Bozu

PostSubject: Re: My upcoming video game project...   My upcoming video game project... I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 07, 2008 10:06 pm

okay...i fixed it. I'll repost it soon. right now, I'm working on the main sad love theme called "Hearts." Throughout the story, many different versions of "Hearts" themes will be featured, depending on the character. i'm currently working on Hearts ~I'm A Prisoner~. guess what that samples from... Very Happy
oh, and what do you think of this for my hikki character? she's in a heavily-modified version of her Red beauty ULTRA BLUE outfit, and she's a mystical BATTLE goddess...! Razz
Back to top Go down
WatashiNoItami
Fan
Fan
WatashiNoItami

PostSubject: Re: My upcoming video game project...   My upcoming video game project... I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 07, 2008 10:09 pm

So what was the one song that you showed us was HEARTS? or was it some other song. And you made that song? 'Cause that's a REALLY good song. =D You're so talented~ >.< I can't wait to see how this video ends up!
Back to top Go down
Donovon-Bozu
Fan
Fan
Donovon-Bozu

PostSubject: Re: My upcoming video game project...   My upcoming video game project... I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 08, 2008 8:59 pm

new video is up. please comment on youtube. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My upcoming video game project...   My upcoming video game project... I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

My upcoming video game project...
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next