Hikki Station Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  Return to Hikki StationReturn to Hikki Station  

MAKING LOVE (the song, you dope!)

Go down 
+9
DaAmainator
KremlinChaos
Prisoner of Hikki
Rather Hazy
DSL5
Nintendofanboy
Amai Wana
WatashiNoItami
Donovon-Bozu
13 posters
AuthorMessage
Donovon-Bozu
Fan
Fan
Donovon-Bozu

Number of posts : 274
Registration date : 2008-05-28

MAKING LOVE (the song, you dope!) Empty
PostSubject: MAKING LOVE (the song, you dope!)   MAKING LOVE (the song, you dope!) I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 05, 2008 6:22 pm

Am I the only one that likes this awesomeawesomeawesomeawesomeawesomeawesomeawesome song? Very Happy
Back to top Go down
WatashiNoItami
Fan
Fan
WatashiNoItami

Number of posts : 151
Registration date : 2008-05-24

PostSubject: Re: MAKING LOVE (the song, you dope!)   MAKING LOVE (the song, you dope!) I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 05, 2008 6:47 pm

NOPE! I ABSOLUTELY LOVE THIS SONG TOO! This was my first song of Utada's on ULTRA BLUE that was not a single. When I heard it I was like, "This DEFINITELY beats 'This Is Love'" 'cause at that time I was addicted to that song.
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/horonigai/
Amai Wana
Fan
Fan

Number of posts : 256
Registration date : 2008-05-25

PostSubject: Re: MAKING LOVE (the song, you dope!)   MAKING LOVE (the song, you dope!) I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 05, 2008 6:54 pm

I love it too!!!!!!!!
It's a definitely great song from Ultra Blue and I really like the ending.
Making Love RULES!
Back to top Go down
http://amaiwana.wordpress.com/
Nintendofanboy
Fan
Fan
Nintendofanboy

Number of posts : 153

PostSubject: Re: MAKING LOVE (the song, you dope!)   MAKING LOVE (the song, you dope!) I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 05, 2008 7:15 pm

I do like the song, but it's not one of my favorites. But I'd listen to it and it's a really good song.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/Mario1242
DSL5
Fan
Fan
DSL5

Number of posts : 87

PostSubject: Re: MAKING LOVE (the song, you dope!)   MAKING LOVE (the song, you dope!) I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 06, 2008 12:31 am

Awesome song!!! Very upbeat and fast paced. One of my top favorites from Ultra Blue
Back to top Go down
Rather Hazy
Fan
Fan
Rather Hazy

Number of posts : 137
Registration date : 2008-05-22

PostSubject: Re: MAKING LOVE (the song, you dope!)   MAKING LOVE (the song, you dope!) I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 06, 2008 2:05 am

I love Making Love, I can't tell you how mindblown I was the first time I heard it, it's got to be one of her top 10.
Back to top Go down
Prisoner of Hikki
Fan
Fan
Prisoner of Hikki

Number of posts : 141

PostSubject: Re: MAKING LOVE (the song, you dope!)   MAKING LOVE (the song, you dope!) I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 06, 2008 6:53 am

I also really love this song, but it's not one I can listen to in front of my family XD

I think Utada sometimes puts more work into her album-only tracks than her singles because this song sounds really amazing!

Oh, and the title of this thread really made me laugh XD
Back to top Go down
Rather Hazy
Fan
Fan
Rather Hazy

PostSubject: Re: MAKING LOVE (the song, you dope!)   MAKING LOVE (the song, you dope!) I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 06, 2008 7:35 am

Prisoner of Hikki wrote:
I also really love this song, but it's not one I can listen to in front of my family XD

I think Utada sometimes puts more work into her album-only tracks than her singles because this song sounds really amazing!

Oh, and the title of this thread really made me laugh XD
I feel that too which is one of the reasons I'm looking forward to her upcoming American album. so that she can work on those songs all at the same pace so that a single is only released after she's finished instead of something that might feel rushed and incompatible with the rest of the album. But I'm going off topic a little.
Back to top Go down
KremlinChaos
Fan
Fan
KremlinChaos

Number of posts : 82
Registration date : 2008-05-27

PostSubject: Re: MAKING LOVE (the song, you dope!)   MAKING LOVE (the song, you dope!) I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 06, 2008 12:17 pm

Making Love is awesome! I love the cute bridge XD.
Back to top Go down
DaAmainator
Fan
Fan
DaAmainator

Number of posts : 312

PostSubject: Re: MAKING LOVE (the song, you dope!)   MAKING LOVE (the song, you dope!) I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 06, 2008 4:22 pm

The most underrated song on her whole ULTRA BLUE CD. It was better than more than half of her singles. It was better than COLORS, PoL, even HEART STATION.
Back to top Go down
Tsuki
Tsuki

Number of posts : 24

PostSubject: Re: MAKING LOVE (the song, you dope!)   MAKING LOVE (the song, you dope!) I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 07, 2008 1:58 am

It's so danceable! Razz Definitely a very overlooked and underrated song from Ultra Blue. I love listening to it, though I have to admit I avoided the song for a bit because of the title. XD
Back to top Go down
DaAmainator
Fan
Fan
DaAmainator

PostSubject: Re: MAKING LOVE (the song, you dope!)   MAKING LOVE (the song, you dope!) I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 07, 2008 9:32 am

Tsuki wrote:
I have to admit I avoided the song for a bit because of the title. XD

Exactly why I think Utada's Exodus songs couldn't catch on; too provocative. My friends look at Making Love on my iPod and say, "I didn't know you were this kind of person..." lol!
Back to top Go down
Rather Hazy
Fan
Fan
Rather Hazy

PostSubject: Re: MAKING LOVE (the song, you dope!)   MAKING LOVE (the song, you dope!) I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 07, 2008 11:10 am

I'm surprised about that, "Making Love" is probably the most sanitised way of talking about bumping uglies. I've got lots of songs that have far more "inappropriate" names in my library.
Back to top Go down
mayu
mayu

Number of posts : 12
Registration date : 2008-06-08

PostSubject: Re: MAKING LOVE (the song, you dope!)   MAKING LOVE (the song, you dope!) I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 09, 2008 1:59 am

I just love this song! Not my favorite, but I still love it. :-)

I agree with DaAmainator; Sadly, the most underrated song on the UB CD. :-(
Back to top Go down
Blue
Fan
Fan
Blue

Number of posts : 83
Registration date : 2008-05-26

PostSubject: Re: MAKING LOVE (the song, you dope!)   MAKING LOVE (the song, you dope!) I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 09, 2008 1:23 pm

It's one my favorite song off of Ultra Blue Definately in the top 3 When I first heard UB this song stuck out the most to me <3
Back to top Go down
Amaterasu
Fan
Fan
Amaterasu

Number of posts : 107
Registration date : 2008-06-11

PostSubject: Re: MAKING LOVE (the song, you dope!)   MAKING LOVE (the song, you dope!) I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 11, 2008 4:54 pm

I don't think that the song has anything to actually do with the act of coitus! (don't you just adore my diction?)

The song's title is a misnomer, IMO.

Yes, it is a great song and it deserves lovin'. As someone on Youtube said, it's simply : Audio Sex and I must whole-heartedly agree.
Back to top Go down
Rather Hazy
Fan
Fan
Rather Hazy

PostSubject: Re: MAKING LOVE (the song, you dope!)   MAKING LOVE (the song, you dope!) I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 11, 2008 5:57 pm

Don't you mean audio coitus? tongue

No, I don't think it was about sex either, well not entirely, it seemed pretty clear to me that it was more about breaking up with Kaz and finding the positives in it.
Back to top Go down
KremlinChaos
Fan
Fan
KremlinChaos

Number of posts : 82
Registration date : 2008-05-27

PostSubject: Re: MAKING LOVE (the song, you dope!)   MAKING LOVE (the song, you dope!) I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 11, 2008 8:59 pm

^^Isn't it about one of her friends?
Back to top Go down
Amaterasu
Fan
Fan
Amaterasu

Number of posts : 107
Registration date : 2008-06-11

PostSubject: Re: MAKING LOVE (the song, you dope!)   MAKING LOVE (the song, you dope!) I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 12, 2008 1:05 am

I found this translation on Google for the lyrics. IMO, it has nothing to do with copulation.

I have known you for more than ten years
Where should i start saying
Suddenly you decided that you want to move house

I am not the least afraid of distance
Because i can feel you inside my heart everyday
It’s not like we are never going to meet
There’s no such thing but we will think of it subconsiciously

I’m very happy to be able to meet you
Even if its in a far away city Please work hard too
You have already start making love in this new room

If you need money, I am willing to help you as much as i can
Our relationships will not change

In this time period where we would play up to each other even in front of our friends
The only one who can be truthful and honest is you
I don’t want to pretend to be happy when im not
BEcause that’s too tiring

I’m very happy to be able to meet you
I will work hard in this city too
I’m singing loud in this long dream

In this cruel and fast paced time
Good buddies are necessary
We are growing up after going through some tough times

Its better to be near to the bus stop as compared to having a clean driver record
The neighbours living next door seems not bad
Gentle him and Economics
‘Never judge a book by its cover’ is actually quite true
You and I are totally opposite people
Saying it again makes me feel embarrassed
The first i love a girl
Listen carefully to what i am going to say next

In the darkness engulfing my heart, there is a flower blooming

I hope that you will be happier than anyone
Sadness is not compatible with your eyes
I don’t want to pretend when i have no feelings
Even if it is nightfall, there is a still a bright light

The light downpouring on your body
Even if it is in this far away city, I’m fine too
You are already making love in this new room

If i never met with you
Then i wouldn’t need good friends
I have found that answer which i have been looking for

Just like you are giving me pity love
In that far away summer day
That piano sound is still echoing It’s time to wake up

Yeah, audio coitus! It's just that awesome!
Back to top Go down
Amai Wana
Fan
Fan

Number of posts : 256

PostSubject: Re: MAKING LOVE (the song, you dope!)   MAKING LOVE (the song, you dope!) I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 12, 2008 4:04 am

Yeah I think that speaking about "making love" parallels special memories. I mean making love is one of the most personal connections that people can make and now she's saying that the memories that they shared have really solidified their friendship so no matter what, that friendship is important to her.

At least that's what I'm thinking Smile
Back to top Go down
http://amaiwana.wordpress.com/
Rather Hazy
Fan
Fan
Rather Hazy

PostSubject: Re: MAKING LOVE (the song, you dope!)   MAKING LOVE (the song, you dope!) I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 12, 2008 4:43 am

Whichever, I forgot some parts of it, I was close enough. Kind of.
Back to top Go down
WatashiNoItami
Fan
Fan
WatashiNoItami

Number of posts : 151

PostSubject: Re: MAKING LOVE (the song, you dope!)   MAKING LOVE (the song, you dope!) I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 13, 2008 11:36 pm

Amai Wana wrote:
Yeah I think that speaking about "making love" parallels special memories. I mean making love is one of the most personal connections that people can make and now she's saying that the memories that they shared have really solidified their friendship so no matter what, that friendship is important to her.

At least that's what I'm thinking Smile

Yeah, I think you're totally right. I like recently started to listen to this song more as if I had a connection to it. And now that Amaterasu has given us the translation, I finally was able to fulfill that connection. Like it's not talking about like "making love" as in like...o-o you know what >.< but as in just making memories with your close buddy. I'm totally re listening to ULTRA BLUE songs now because they're really motivating right now I'm in a really depressed mood, and if you have like a friend or close friend that's moving pretty far away you should listen to this song because it reassures you that if you believe in it then it'll stay the same.
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/horonigai/
DaAmainator
Fan
Fan
DaAmainator

PostSubject: Re: MAKING LOVE (the song, you dope!)   MAKING LOVE (the song, you dope!) I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 19, 2008 11:01 am

Yeah.. I think he English songs are more provocative than this even when they don't mean to be. Making Love doesn't have the sound or groove about it to make it sexy.. it's just happy, inspiring, and the song seems to explode in happiness at some parts, especially the beginning of the chorus. And her word choice is snappy and not so much "making love" like.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: MAKING LOVE (the song, you dope!)   MAKING LOVE (the song, you dope!) I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

MAKING LOVE (the song, you dope!)
Page 1 of 1