Hikki Station Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  Return to Hikki StationReturn to Hikki Station  

Future Songs That Top First love(impossible)

Go down 
+5
blue42
Amai Wana
Amaterasu
Rather Hazy
davidteoh
9 posters

Do u think first love will get beaten?
No
Future Songs That Top First love(impossible) I_vote_lcap30%Future Songs That Top First love(impossible) I_vote_rcap
 30% [ 3 ]
Yes
Future Songs That Top First love(impossible) I_vote_lcap70%Future Songs That Top First love(impossible) I_vote_rcap
 70% [ 7 ]
Total Votes : 10

AuthorMessage
davidteoh
davidteoh

Number of posts : 27
Registration date : 2008-05-24

Future Songs That Top First love(impossible) Empty
PostSubject: Future Songs That Top First love(impossible)   Future Songs That Top First love(impossible) I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 22, 2008 10:12 am

Well Well Well i havent write in hikkistation for a long long time..

ok let discuss about First love..

What do u guys think??Any coming Songs that will manage to beat first love?(could be new songs from other japanese artists or Utada herself)

U guys know that first love is a song that is known worldwide..And her 2nd english album is coming out..

Is it possible that Utada will compose a song that will beat her legendary first love ?
Back to top Go down
Rather Hazy
Fan
Fan
Rather Hazy

Number of posts : 137
Registration date : 2008-05-22

PostSubject: Re: Future Songs That Top First love(impossible)   Future Songs That Top First love(impossible) I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 22, 2008 10:30 am

First Love wasn't even the best song on First Love! lol!
Back to top Go down
Amaterasu
Fan
Fan
Amaterasu

Number of posts : 107
Registration date : 2008-06-11

PostSubject: Re: Future Songs That Top First love(impossible)   Future Songs That Top First love(impossible) I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 22, 2008 12:16 pm

It's undeniable that First Love is a great song, and it is incredibly well known. But perhaps it is THE song that made her famous that makes it very difficult to topple in that regard. I read on some forum that during that time in Japan, that song was aired on the radio almost non-stop to a sickening extent. I don't believe that's popular anymore. She's not a new and upcoming star, and she seems to be moving out of popularity. She's getting a little older (as am I) and is moving away from the type of music that youngsters more readily relate to.

I dare to contest though, that Hikki has made better songs than First Love, although I do believe that it's one of her best and one of her signature songs.

Such as Prisoner of Love - it's a very moving and catchy song, but it has failed to make her worldwide (or Asian-wide) acclaim.

Will an upcoming English album #2(3) include a song that will make her rock the world axis again? I'd like to hope so, but I don't - I'm probably the only one here that's in dreadful anticipation concerning her next English album.

In sum, no - for a number of factors, First Love will not be beaten. Not because it's a pinnacle song for her (which would be sad, seeing as how it is on her FIRST album!) but because of where what she is now.
Back to top Go down
Amai Wana
Fan
Fan

Number of posts : 256
Registration date : 2008-05-25

PostSubject: Re: Future Songs That Top First love(impossible)   Future Songs That Top First love(impossible) I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 22, 2008 1:30 pm

Rather Hazy wrote:
First Love wasn't even the best song on First Love! lol!

I agree!
I think Automatic > First Love

- in terms of me thinking it's her best song, it's already been done...
- in terms of its masss appeal, that looks to be hard although there are some songs that may have already done - like Amuro Namie "Can You Celebrate?" [biggest selling single]
Back to top Go down
http://amaiwana.wordpress.com/
blue42
Fan
Fan
blue42

Number of posts : 60

PostSubject: Re: Future Songs That Top First love(impossible)   Future Songs That Top First love(impossible) I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 22, 2008 7:46 pm

Amaterasu wrote:
It's undeniable that First Love is a great song, and it is incredibly well known. But perhaps it is THE song that made her famous that makes it very difficult to topple in that regard. I read on some forum that during that time in Japan, that song was aired on the radio almost non-stop to a sickening extent. I don't believe that's popular anymore. She's not a new and upcoming star, and she seems to be moving out of popularity. She's getting a little older (as am I) and is moving away from the type of music that youngsters more readily relate to.

I dare to contest though, that Hikki has made better songs than First Love, although I do believe that it's one of her best and one of her signature songs.

Such as Prisoner of Love - it's a very moving and catchy song, but it has failed to make her worldwide (or Asian-wide) acclaim.

Will an upcoming English album #2(3) include a song that will make her rock the world axis again? I'd like to hope so, but I don't - I'm probably the only one here that's in dreadful anticipation concerning her next English album.

In sum, no - for a number of factors, First Love will not be beaten. Not because it's a pinnacle song for her (which would be sad, seeing as how it is on her FIRST album!) but because of where what she is now.
I love your opinions, albino
I don't like First Love (song) at all.
It's just the kind of song that gets in your head, and anything played long enough on the radio is practically forcing the mainstream to like it > love it > buy it.
And just like you said, it's not her BEST, just her biggest hit.

Amai Wana wrote:
- in terms of its masss appeal, that looks to be hard although there are some songs that may have already done - like Amuro Namie "Can You Celebrate?" [biggest selling single]
I love the lyrics.
"We will love, long long time~~"
Back to top Go down
HEART STATION
HEART STATION

Number of posts : 8
Registration date : 2008-05-25

PostSubject: Re: Future Songs That Top First love(impossible)   Future Songs That Top First love(impossible) I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 22, 2008 10:13 am

Already happened... Be My Last is the "First Love" of this century. Wink
Back to top Go down
Amaterasu
Fan
Fan
Amaterasu

Number of posts : 107
Registration date : 2008-06-11

PostSubject: Re: Future Songs That Top First love(impossible)   Future Songs That Top First love(impossible) I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 22, 2008 12:22 pm

Be My Last sounds like a bunch of strays in an alleyway fighting to me.

I strongly disagree, but it is only the opinion of one.
Back to top Go down
theara
Fan
Fan
theara

Number of posts : 72

PostSubject: Re: Future Songs That Top First love(impossible)   Future Songs That Top First love(impossible) I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 23, 2008 5:16 am

Funny thing is I read this topic while watching/listening to First Love on Utada United 2006.

I didn't know of her until Kingdom Hearts but First Love was a song everyone (all my asian friends) knew. I remember trying to believe that the KH song was from the girl who sang First Love.

Anyway, I thought Flavor of Life was her biggest single? It was the number 2 downloaded song in the world in 2007 (beaten by Avril Lavigne's 'Girlfriend').

But I would say no. The music she does now wouldn't appeal to the newer generation. She would have to be a sell-out perhaps to make another huge commercial hit, ala Shakira and other international singers.
Back to top Go down
http://digg.com/
Macdan
Macdan

Number of posts : 46
Registration date : 2008-08-03

PostSubject: Re: Future Songs That Top First love(impossible)   Future Songs That Top First love(impossible) I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 04, 2008 9:20 am

Flavor of Life is definitely better than Girlfriend... but then when i first listened to girlfriend, it was quite interesting, but after a while it is not that nice, Flavor of Life is always the better one
Back to top Go down
Blue
Fan
Fan
Blue

Number of posts : 83
Registration date : 2008-05-26

PostSubject: Re: Future Songs That Top First love(impossible)   Future Songs That Top First love(impossible) I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 19, 2008 6:46 pm

I love First Love. It's one of my favorites by Hikki. And still among many of her songs it's still the best but I believe as an aritst She has grown. And will surpass much of her earlier work. I love both old and new Hikki. I just know that she's a genius at creating music and wont be surprised with the great work she will bring out in the years to come.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Future Songs That Top First love(impossible)   Future Songs That Top First love(impossible) I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Future Songs That Top First love(impossible)
Page 1 of 1