Hikki Station Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  Return to Hikki StationReturn to Hikki Station  

Ever heard Utada's music in the public?

Go down 
+4
theara
ghostdog621
Nintendofanboy
Prisoner of Hikki
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Prisoner of Hikki
Fan
Fan
Prisoner of Hikki

Number of posts : 141
Registration date : 2008-05-24

Ever heard Utada's music in the public? Empty
PostSubject: Ever heard Utada's music in the public?   Ever heard Utada's music in the public? I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 21, 2008 4:37 am

Have you ever heard any of Utada's songs in the public? Not on your iPod, but those times when a song suddenly started playing unexpectedly. If you have, state the song, and where you heard it.

My example -

Can You Keep A Secret? - On the radio in a tea shop. (Also heard two or three other times on the radio)
Keep Tryin - Saw the pv in a supermarket
Prisoner of Love - In a noodle shop XD
Stay Gold - The ascience commercial was playing in some stores...

And my brother said he heard Heart Station in a convinient store...
Back to top Go down
Nintendofanboy
Fan
Fan
Nintendofanboy

Number of posts : 153

PostSubject: Re: Ever heard Utada's music in the public?   Ever heard Utada's music in the public? I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 21, 2008 11:29 am

I wish I heard some of her songs being randomly played on the radio XD But my brother heard me listening to Exodus 04' and he said he remembered a remix of it being played on a Chicago Radio a long time ago. If I'm correct it's the Exodus '04 Double J Radio Edit.

Last edited by Nintendofanboy on Wed Aug 27, 2008 2:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/Mario1242
ghostdog621
Contributor
Contributor
ghostdog621

Number of posts : 24
Registration date : 2008-07-25

PostSubject: Re: Ever heard Utada's music in the public?   Ever heard Utada's music in the public? I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 21, 2008 7:26 pm

They played Flavor of Life on a what seemed like an infinite loop once at this Sushi restaurant in Boston. drunken
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/ghostdog621
Prisoner of Hikki
Fan
Fan
Prisoner of Hikki

PostSubject: Re: Ever heard Utada's music in the public?   Ever heard Utada's music in the public? I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 21, 2008 9:45 pm

ghostdog621 wrote:
They played Flavor of Life on a what seemed like an infinite loop once at this Sushi restaurant in Boston. drunken

It must have been the restaurant's theme music XD
Back to top Go down
theara
Fan
Fan
theara

Number of posts : 72

PostSubject: Re: Ever heard Utada's music in the public?   Ever heard Utada's music in the public? I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 21, 2008 10:14 pm

i think they may have played her remixed songs at this sushi restaurant where i live (charlotte, nc)
Back to top Go down
http://digg.com/
SuperKuman
SuperKuman

Number of posts : 24

PostSubject: Re: Ever heard Utada's music in the public?   Ever heard Utada's music in the public? I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 26, 2008 6:10 am

When Hikki's singles are released, it is the time that stores began playing her songs. Like in February and March I almost heard HEART STATION (damn it hurts, capital letters) every time I shop at the the food market nearby my house. And from June through mid-July it is Prisoner of Love <3
Although other drug supermarkets plays instrumental mixes of other songs, like Sakura Drops, Hikari, Keep Tryin' or even First Love. It's like some saxo (or flute?) is crammed so that it gives a muzak feeling. XD
Back to top Go down
davidteoh
davidteoh

Number of posts : 27

PostSubject: Re: Ever heard Utada's music in the public?   Ever heard Utada's music in the public? I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 26, 2008 6:59 am

Hehe..well prisoner of hikki..u are in japan now so u will likely get to hear Utada Hikaru songs everywhere..

Well back here in Malaysia..i would say once a blue moon..it is extremely extremely rare.. Crying or Very sad..but Utada Hikaru is well known in my country..so it doent matter.. Razz

Last edited by davidteoh on Tue Aug 26, 2008 7:00 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : spelling error)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Ever heard Utada's music in the public?   Ever heard Utada's music in the public? I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 26, 2008 11:54 pm

I've never hear anyone here play any hikki music really loud...just me in my car XD, but strangers get to hear my hikki music ^^
Back to top Go down
Macdan
Macdan

Number of posts : 46
Registration date : 2008-08-03

PostSubject: Re: Ever heard Utada's music in the public?   Ever heard Utada's music in the public? I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 28, 2008 9:12 am

I never had that in my country... I don't think music CD shops plays it even when the singles are out, they just keep on playing Chinese and English songs all day long.. The only time I heard it in public was the ringtone of another person, I remember what I heard what FoL...
Back to top Go down
SwallowTail
Fan
Fan
SwallowTail

Number of posts : 82
Registration date : 2008-06-13

PostSubject: Re: Ever heard Utada's music in the public?   Ever heard Utada's music in the public? I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 28, 2008 10:29 pm

Macdan wrote:
I never had that in my country... I don't think music CD shops plays it even when the singles are out, they just keep on playing Chinese and English songs all day long.. The only time I heard it in public was the ringtone of another person, I remember what I heard what FoL...

you heard from other person ringtone did u ask him/her why put that ringtone, and was he/she fans of Utada ^o^
Back to top Go down
Macdan
Macdan

Number of posts : 46
Registration date : 2008-08-03

PostSubject: Re: Ever heard Utada's music in the public?   Ever heard Utada's music in the public? I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 29, 2008 10:10 am

SwallowTail wrote:
Macdan wrote:

you heard from other person ringtone did u ask him/her why put that ringtone, and was he/she fans of Utada ^o^

Nah... i did not ask because it was just a stranger, and i only heard the ringtone when i was crossing the road, with so many people around, i am not sure whose phone was it, but i am sure it was a cut version of FoL..
Back to top Go down
SwallowTail
Fan
Fan
SwallowTail

Number of posts : 82
Registration date : 2008-06-13

PostSubject: Re: Ever heard Utada's music in the public?   Ever heard Utada's music in the public? I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 30, 2008 1:19 am

Macdan wrote:
SwallowTail wrote:
Macdan wrote:

Nah... i did not ask because it was just a stranger, and i only heard the ringtone when i was crossing the road, with so many people around, i am not sure whose phone was it, but i am sure it was a cut version of FoL..

But still cool 4 me to hear that music, if that happen in my own country ^o^ I never hear anyone play it even in radio.T-T
Back to top Go down
Prisoner of Hikki
Fan
Fan
Prisoner of Hikki

PostSubject: Re: Ever heard Utada's music in the public?   Ever heard Utada's music in the public? I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 30, 2008 4:53 am

davidteoh wrote:
Hehe..well prisoner of hikki..u are in japan now so u will likely get to hear Utada Hikaru songs everywhere..

Well back here in Malaysia..i would say once a blue moon..it is extremely extremely rare.. Crying or Very sad..but Utada Hikaru is well known in my country..so it doent matter.. Razz

Well I only got to hear them in the places I listed... But I did meet someone who had the Exodus CD...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ever heard Utada's music in the public?   Ever heard Utada's music in the public? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Ever heard Utada's music in the public?
Page 1 of 1