Hikki Station Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  Return to Hikki StationReturn to Hikki Station  

Google Internet Browser!

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Piasu Maikeru
Fan
Fan
Piasu Maikeru

Number of posts : 119
Registration date : 2008-06-15

Google Internet Browser! Empty
PostSubject: Google Internet Browser!   Google Internet Browser! I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 02, 2008 8:26 pm

Today, Google has officially released a public beta of their new internet browser called Google Chrome.

Google Internet Browser! 010966679
Click for full view

Here are some of the security features:

Blacklists - Chrome periodically updates a blacklist, one for malware and one for phishing, which helps protect your computer.

Sandboxing - Chrome prevents websites opened in tabs from doing stuff on your computer, like look at what you typed or install an exe without you knowing.

Plugins - Plugins like Adobe Flash Player are run on a different process because they can't be sandboxed.

Incognito - Somewhat like Safari's Private Browsing and IE8's InPrivate, Incognito allows you to surf without having data recorded or having cookies.

Google Chrome is currently under beta and is only for Windows, but Mac and Linux versions will be out shortly.

http://www.google.com/chrome/
Back to top Go down
blue42
Fan
Fan
blue42

Number of posts : 60
Registration date : 2008-05-24

PostSubject: Re: Google Internet Browser!   Google Internet Browser! I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 04, 2008 8:35 pm

I heard it sucks. :/
Like it's Firefox, literally.
You put " %about " or something (I forget) in the URL bar and it resets it to Firefox, but whatever.
Back to top Go down
DaAmainator
Fan
Fan
DaAmainator

Number of posts : 312
Registration date : 2008-05-24

PostSubject: Re: Google Internet Browser!   Google Internet Browser! I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 05, 2008 5:06 pm

Tried it, didn't like it. Plus, Moxilla has all my bookmarks (I do bookmarks and not faves for some reason).
Back to top Go down
Donovon-Bozu
Fan
Fan
Donovon-Bozu

Number of posts : 274
Registration date : 2008-05-28

PostSubject: Re: Google Internet Browser!   Google Internet Browser! I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 07, 2008 1:52 pm

Haha..I tried it and...I actually like it a lot...

Maybe it's because I haven't used Firefox before. Most of the time, I just use the standard ol' Internet Explorer. I guess I'm sticking with this, I just really like it... Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Google Internet Browser!   Google Internet Browser! I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Google Internet Browser!
Page 1 of 1