Hikki Station Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  Return to Hikki StationReturn to Hikki Station  

Discussing Utada's surname.

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
DaAmainator
Fan
Fan
DaAmainator

Number of posts : 312
Registration date : 2008-05-24

Discussing Utada's surname. Empty
PostSubject: Discussing Utada's surname.   Discussing Utada's surname. I_icon_minitimeSat May 24, 2008 7:10 pm

Utada has discussed her family tree and lineage in her blog. Any info on her first or last name should be posted here along with the Japanese culture surrounding it. It's proper to note that Utada named a song after herself, Hikari.
Back to top Go down
Skudder
Skudder

Number of posts : 29
Registration date : 2008-05-26

PostSubject: Re: Discussing Utada's surname.   Discussing Utada's surname. I_icon_minitimeTue May 27, 2008 12:48 pm

hmm what date was that blog entry?

Utada means music or part of it right? and hikaru means shining or to shine, since hikari means light. Am I right?
Back to top Go down
http://ego-boundaries.blogspot.com/
WatashiNoItami
Fan
Fan
WatashiNoItami

Number of posts : 151

PostSubject: Re: Discussing Utada's surname.   Discussing Utada's surname. I_icon_minitimeTue May 27, 2008 8:03 pm

You got part of it right! XDD Hikaru is just another way to spell Hikari so both means light. Sadly, as I told DaAmainator earlier, Utada DOESN'T mean song. D= Sorry if I'm crushing spirits here, but Utada means large rice field. The first kanji character of her name means blocks (correct me if I'm wrong), the second means large, and the last means rice field. XDD
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/horonigai/
SuperKuman
SuperKuman

Number of posts : 24

PostSubject: Re: Discussing Utada's surname.   Discussing Utada's surname. I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 03, 2008 11:04 am

actually, 宇 (u) means world, or everywhere in the world, as in 宇宙 (uchuu - universe)
多 (ta) means many, as in 多数 (tasuu - a great number, the majority).
you're right with the 田 (ta/da) - rice field though Wink

Got it now? Very Happy

*even though I tried and couln't find any real meaning in her last name ^^*
Back to top Go down
WatashiNoItami
Fan
Fan
WatashiNoItami

Number of posts : 151

PostSubject: Re: Discussing Utada's surname.   Discussing Utada's surname. I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 03, 2008 5:57 pm

Thanks! I couldn't find out what the heck 宇 (u)! =D I'm not Japanese nor have a spent a great deal on learning...TT_TT *failed* OTL So I didn't know what it meant...exactly. XDD
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/horonigai/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Discussing Utada's surname.   Discussing Utada's surname. I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Discussing Utada's surname.
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Hikki Station Forums :: Utada Hikaru :: Discussion | Questions-
Jump to: