Hikki Station Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  Return to Hikki StationReturn to Hikki Station  

Second English Album

Go down 
+31
kayoko
Crescentlupin9
Amai Wana
Donovon-Bozu
KremlinChaos
amorphose
Gold_Station
Blue
AnimeLunatic
pauloferreira
Hikkifan34
hageshii_AME
DaAmainator
blue42
Anita
Nintendofanboy
AyUta
theara
Grotesko
Chou
ShjnYuU
DSL5
davidteoh
Prisoner of Hikki
kindblue
Rather Hazy
Pu_Jif
SuperKuman
haatosuteishon
nword803
Sanosuke
35 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Are you anticipating for the next English album?
Yes
Second English Album - Page 3 I_vote_lcap96%Second English Album - Page 3 I_vote_rcap
 96% [ 45 ]
No
Second English Album - Page 3 I_vote_lcap2%Second English Album - Page 3 I_vote_rcap
 2% [ 1 ]
Maybe
Second English Album - Page 3 I_vote_lcap2%Second English Album - Page 3 I_vote_rcap
 2% [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 47

AuthorMessage
Crescentlupin9
Crescentlupin9

Number of posts : 34
Registration date : 2008-06-04

Second English Album - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Second English Album   Second English Album - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 05, 2008 12:42 pm

Sanosuke wrote:
Donovon-Bozu wrote:
Well, I think it's just the chance for Western listeners to hear Hikki in their native tongue that appeals so much. And I must admit, when you hear a Japanese singer like Hikki singing in your own language, when you don't have to look up on the internet for the translation, it...it's like...ear candy. Not that I'm saying Japanese is bad, I just think it would be refreshing to hear my favorite Japanese songs sung in English. And maybe you're right about the original material thing. Maybe she could include translations as extras on singles in the future, though I seriously doubt it would happen . Wink

Well, the thing is that Utada doesn't seem to be the type of person who would just translate her Japanese songs into English for the Western listeners. That barely takes any effort at all. That would be dissatisfying and completely unoriginal to her. If she wishes to be successful here, she must allow other producers to help her out. I'm half & half with "Stargate," but hey, I would rather have them helping Utada out than Timbaland.

I agree. I mean from a creative stand point, for her it would be dissatisfying, since if this opportunity opens up, of course she would want to take this challenge and make something better for herself,etc. But I can also relate to this too, since taking the challenge could pull many great things out you. And as sano-san says, getting help from others is always good too ; O ; since she could get their perspective and mix in her choices and ta da! XD
Back to top Go down
http://crescentlupin9.deviantart.com
Sanosuke
Top Admin
Top Admin
Sanosuke

Number of posts : 210
Registration date : 2008-05-22

PostSubject: Re: Second English Album   Second English Album - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 06, 2008 9:49 am

I'm just going to go out with it.

She should have more songs like Simple & Clean on her English album. I know a lot of people here in America enjoyed listening to that when they either played Kingdom Hearts or just saw the commercial. I'm sure that a lot of her international fans wouldn't actually be fans now if it wasn't for Simple & Clean.
Back to top Go down
http://hikkistation.net
DaAmainator
Fan
Fan
DaAmainator

Number of posts : 312
Registration date : 2008-05-24

PostSubject: Re: Second English Album   Second English Album - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 07, 2008 4:05 pm

Sanosuke wrote:
She should have more songs like Simple & Clean on her English album.

Despite the fact that most of us got into Hikki due to this song, it is overlooked completely thanks to Passion. I'm sure it was her goal to make the second KH song better than the first, but we keep overlooking this song. Where it's not a perfect mix of her English and Japanese stuff, this is a song that appeals to a lot of Western listeners in the sense that it's lyrically addicting and gets stuck in your head but it still has Japanese rhythms and melodies.
If there were more songs like this, I would be sunshine happy. sunny
Back to top Go down
kayoko
Fan
Fan
kayoko

Number of posts : 89
Registration date : 2008-05-27

PostSubject: Re: Second English Album   Second English Album - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 07, 2008 7:15 pm

i just dont hope she uses herself as an image to promote in america...i feel she kinda did that too much with exodus and it didnt have as good songs i think it shouldve had...if only she stuck to the same experimental style she does with her japanese albums...it'll be a blasty blast...but seeing that the ears of asians and americans are not the same...i feel she'll change up her style once again...but with better songs for sure that fit the taste of everyone's ears alike...i cant wait...
Back to top Go down
DaAmainator
Fan
Fan
DaAmainator

PostSubject: Re: Second English Album   Second English Album - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 07, 2008 8:00 pm

I can't either, but-- Oh! It's so frustrating!! I know she won't make the same mistake as last time because I think she knows that her experiment sort of failed but what she's going to do this time I don't know. I think Hikki's smart enough to know what to do, but on Exodus.. Ohh!! I just wish a clip of SOMETHING could come out!
Back to top Go down
Donovon-Bozu
Fan
Fan
Donovon-Bozu

Number of posts : 274
Registration date : 2008-05-28

PostSubject: Re: Second English Album   Second English Album - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 07, 2008 10:07 pm

DaAmainator wrote:
Ohh!! I just wish a clip of SOMETHING could come out!
You aren't alone. Crying or Very sad please hikki, just a snippet of apple and cinnamon???
Back to top Go down
mayu
mayu

Number of posts : 12
Registration date : 2008-06-08

PostSubject: Re: Second English Album   Second English Album - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 09, 2008 1:50 am

I really hope the English version of "Passion" appears on her second album!

Hopefully it won't sound like Exodus (no offence to those who like that album, sorry) :-)
Back to top Go down
Amaterasu
Fan
Fan
Amaterasu

Number of posts : 107
Registration date : 2008-06-11

PostSubject: Re: Second English Album   Second English Album - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 12, 2008 2:13 am

You're in a crowded stadium, and everyone has just declared a fervent 'YES!" at the top of their lungs. When the silence takes the air again, there's a cough and a single voice, "Not me!"

That's right.

I'm not looking forward to her next English album. I'm very concerned that this will nail her coffin in the USA shut. Because of this thread, I'm listening to Exodus. The song that's playing right now - "The Workout" is horrible to my ears. It's very nice in some areas, but the song is so smutty, and it becomes lyrically and musically awkward in some places. I get that feeling from many of the songs on this album. There are only two songs that I enjoy: Exodus '04 and Kremlin Dusk.

This album is the weakest album for me, and I find that it is lacking in many fronts. I would get embarassed to be a Hikki fan if some of these songs came on the air.

Hm. I actually have hopes that she will release Passion and PoL in English on her next album. These are known to be great and strong songs, and they already do serve as a strong anchor for us established fans. We also know that they have done well in the Asian market, such that there will be people who can appreciate it already. I am aware that the East and West have different tastes, but surely there are some that don't fit into the cookie-cutter mould here? For instance: all of the people who have been introduced to Hikki via the game Kingdom Hearts surely testifies for this.

I would gladly give up a prospective "Wonder Bout" or "The Workout" for Passion and Prisoner of Love.

oO(Easy Breezy has a very nice tune.. but.. the lyrics >.>)Oo

Exodus seemed to make her into something that she doesn't strike me as being. Although some of her lyrics are thought provoking, they are not nearly as deep as her Japanese works, and often, she songs are very suggestive and sometimes downright slutty. (Let Me Give You My Love?)

I enjoy Hikaru's music because it is different, and notwithstanding good. I genuinely enjoy (most of) her music. Many of the songs in Exodus seem to me to be misplaced thoughts spoken aloud against a background beat, with many of the syllables unnaturally drawn out.

I'm anticipating it, but with a seed of fear in my heart. In short, I'm looking forward to it but in an unflattering light.

In spite of my cynism, I hope to be pleasantly surprised and blown away when the time comes. We all lose if I were to find myself then in a position to say, "Ha! I was right!"
Back to top Go down
questionsmakemeblue
Fan
Fan
questionsmakemeblue

Number of posts : 50

PostSubject: Re: Second English Album   Second English Album - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 22, 2008 1:27 pm

I want Sanctuary to be on the album 'cause that'll probably mean that the style of the album isnt too far off from that song. I DON"T want the album to be hip hop at all.

But HEART STATION was VERY far off from Hip Hop so I have a good feeling it wont be full blown hip hop and the Album will be good.
Back to top Go down
blue42
Fan
Fan
blue42

Number of posts : 60

PostSubject: Re: Second English Album   Second English Album - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 22, 2008 7:54 pm

Amaterasu wrote:

I would gladly give up a prospective "Wonder Bout" or "The Workout" for Passion and Prisoner of Love.

oO(Easy Breezy has a very nice tune.. but.. the lyrics >.>)Oo

Exodus seemed to make her into something that she doesn't strike me as being. Although some of her lyrics are thought provoking, they are not nearly as deep as her Japanese works, and often, she songs are very suggestive and sometimes downright slutty. (Let Me Give You My Love?)

I enjoy Hikaru's music because it is different, and notwithstanding good. I genuinely enjoy (most of) her music. Many of the songs in Exodus seem to me to be misplaced thoughts spoken aloud against a background beat, with many of the syllables unnaturally drawn out.
In spite of my cynism, I hope to be pleasantly surprised and blown away when the time comes. We all lose if I were to find myself then in a position to say, "Ha! I was right!"
That is what America loves right now.
The main audience anyway.
It's just Utada had no promotion, the beats to the music was immensly weird, and some lyrics could have been written better.
I hope she's learned from that and makes this album better than Exodus. because although I love Exodus, it was a grower for me.

Sanctuary should be in the new album, it wasn't released officially by her anyway, so I hope to see it there~~~
Sanctuary is also possibly her best english-written song.
The lyrics anyway.
Simple & Clean was ok.
Back to top Go down
Prisoner of Hikki
Fan
Fan
Prisoner of Hikki

Number of posts : 141

PostSubject: Re: Second English Album   Second English Album - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 22, 2008 10:46 pm

Donovon-Bozu wrote:
You aren't alone. Crying or Very sad please hikki, just a snippet of apple and cinnamon???

Yeah. It's really about time she released something... It's most likely she'll release this as a single otherwise there's no reason to state it before other tracks.

By the way, I just had a dream about this track. I was listening to it on the radio confused
I think it was acoustic and had a lot of guitar, and the lyrics were hard to understand XD

Also, when Exodus was released... Did Hikki release singles first or an album and then re-cut singles? I'm expecting this album to be released in a similar way...
Back to top Go down
Rather Hazy
Fan
Fan
Rather Hazy

Number of posts : 137

PostSubject: Re: Second English Album   Second English Album - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 22, 2008 11:15 pm

She released Easy Breezy two months before the release of the album in America and Devil Inside one month before the release of the album in America (a few days after the release of the album in Japan) and then Exodus '04 as a "recut" single as the Japanese call them. Then YMMWTBAM was released simultaneously with (or something like one week before) the European version of Exodus.

She's more than likely going to release this album the American way, a maximum of two singles released very shortly before the album and then depending on its popularity and viability a trail of "recut" singles to keep the album going.
Back to top Go down
Prisoner of Hikki
Fan
Fan
Prisoner of Hikki

Number of posts : 141

PostSubject: Re: Second English Album   Second English Album - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 22, 2008 11:39 pm

Thanks so much Rather Hazy! So I'm sure that Apple and Cinnamon should be the first single. But if she wants to release this album in 2008 she'd better hurry X<
Back to top Go down
Piasu Maikeru
Fan
Fan
Piasu Maikeru

Number of posts : 119
Registration date : 2008-06-15

PostSubject: Re: Second English Album   Second English Album - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 23, 2008 7:29 am

Just about everyone here is anticipating it!
Back to top Go down
DaAmainator
Fan
Fan
DaAmainator

PostSubject: Re: Second English Album   Second English Album - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 23, 2008 2:08 pm

Well, Hikaru said the first time was an "experiment". This HAS to be the real thing. A second chance. Another try. The real deal. I think she knows what she's doing this time around.
Back to top Go down
Piasu Maikeru
Fan
Fan
Piasu Maikeru

Number of posts : 119
Registration date : 2008-06-15

PostSubject: Re: Second English Album   Second English Album - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 23, 2008 6:13 pm

^ Plus, she's more mature now than back then.
Back to top Go down
Amaterasu
Fan
Fan
Amaterasu

PostSubject: Re: Second English Album   Second English Album - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 23, 2008 7:06 pm

So we hope. I can see where the 'experiment' comes from. Exodus was very un-Hikaru and very strange to my ears, and not in a good sense.

I'm sure that someone (some people) thought that Exodus was going to work. No one produces an album expecting it to fail.. or hoping it to fail, rather.

I'm afraid of English Album #2.
Back to top Go down
questionsmakemeblue
Fan
Fan
questionsmakemeblue

Number of posts : 50

PostSubject: Re: Second English Album   Second English Album - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 23, 2008 8:41 pm

Well think of it this way, if the album is bad, (which Im positive it wont be) it's released in America and only true japanese fans will hear it and like us they'll probably like anything from her, So the album wont hurt her japanese career since it's by Utada and not the japanese Utada Hikaru.

But like I said, I'm POSITIVE it will be good, and I know I'm such a fan I'll like anything by her lol. alien
Back to top Go down
DaAmainator
Fan
Fan
DaAmainator

PostSubject: Re: Second English Album   Second English Album - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 23, 2008 9:52 pm

Yes. I'm thinking she's going to keep the experiments in the Japanese language and just try to seal her name in English speaking memories.
Back to top Go down
Rather Hazy
Fan
Fan
Rather Hazy

PostSubject: Re: Second English Album   Second English Album - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 23, 2008 10:15 pm

Amaterasu wrote:
So we hope. I can see where the 'experiment' comes from. Exodus was very un-Hikaru and very strange to my ears, and not in a good sense.

I'm sure that someone (some people) thought that Exodus was going to work. No one produces an album expecting it to fail.. or hoping it to fail, rather.

I'm afraid of English Album #2.
Excluding the Timbaland tracks, she wrote and produced it all herself, at the time it was her most Hikaru album ever considering she was never the lead producer before that.

I don't mind if it's in English or Japanese, I just don't want her to stop experimenting and making music that no one else can. The worst track on Exodus was five times better than Prisoner Of Love, which might show how out of touch I am with other Hikki fans but I just pray that she doesn't become middle of the road to appeal to the lowest common denominator.
Back to top Go down
Donovon-Bozu
Fan
Fan
Donovon-Bozu

PostSubject: Re: Second English Album   Second English Album - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 24, 2008 8:29 am

Wonder 'Bout was better than Prisoner of Love!? Shocked

...you have strange taste, my friend... Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Rather Hazy
Fan
Fan
Rather Hazy

PostSubject: Re: Second English Album   Second English Album - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 24, 2008 8:34 am

Donovon-Bozu wrote:
Wonder 'Bout was better than Prisoner of Love!? Shocked

...you have strange taste, my friend... Very Happy
I was talking more about the Hikki produced tracks rather than the Timbaland ones because it's not right to compare the music she produced entirely by herself to work that she didn't, I wasn't entirely clear. However, I do prefer Wonder 'Bout to Prisoner Of Love, greatly so. I love Wonder 'Bout. cyclops
Back to top Go down
Donovon-Bozu
Fan
Fan
Donovon-Bozu

PostSubject: Re: Second English Album   Second English Album - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 24, 2008 8:45 am

Yeah...(I'm not saying Wonder Bout was bad...but I think it's the worst in comparison with the others...)...for me, I can't stand the wierd trumpet sounding thing...
Back to top Go down
Rather Hazy
Fan
Fan
Rather Hazy

PostSubject: Re: Second English Album   Second English Album - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 24, 2008 8:49 am

Donovon-Bozu wrote:
for me, I can't stand the wierd trumpet sounding thing...
That's the best bit! lol!
Back to top Go down
Amaterasu
Fan
Fan
Amaterasu

PostSubject: Re: Second English Album   Second English Album - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 24, 2008 3:08 pm

I appreciate where you are coming from, Rather Hazy - but as a fan who totally hates Exodus I would have to state my opinion: that I find most of her songs on that unlistenable.

I find 'Wonder 'Bout' absolutely curdling to my ears.

If Hikki did produce them all by herself, then good for her *pat on back*, but it doesn't change the fact that I still hate that album. And I hope to Gord that she'll do a better job on album 2.

Her music is much better than what is present on Exodus. Being alien from the music industry myself, I do not know what 'producing' means, but I do know that she composes and writes the lyrics to songs - from this, I know that she's done better. Prisoner of Love, for a quick example.

I enjoy Hikaru's music because it's -good-. Experimentation or common denominator be damned. I would prefer her not to cater to the masses and become something she's not (this is what I feel Exodus to being), or to somehow stupify her music. But I do want some consistancy; I want the next album to garner this reaction from me. "This is good, this is Hikki." as opposed to what happened before, "This is bad, THIS is Hikki?"

She can be experimental and still make GOOD music. I mean.. there's Ultra Blue, right?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Second English Album   Second English Album - Page 3 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Second English Album
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next