Hikki Station Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  Return to Hikki StationReturn to Hikki Station  

"Apple and Cinnamon"

Go down 
+18
Hikkifan34
HEART STATION
kayoko
Oilyhead
Blue
Tsuki
macboy1224
KremlinChaos
Donovon-Bozu
Pu_Jif
Prisoner of Hikki
Sanosuke
AyUta
blue42
WatashiNoItami
theara
DSL5
DaAmainator
22 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
DaAmainator
Fan
Fan
DaAmainator

Number of posts : 312
Registration date : 2008-05-24

"Apple and Cinnamon" Empty
PostSubject: "Apple and Cinnamon"   "Apple and Cinnamon" I_icon_minitimeWed May 28, 2008 3:09 pm

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

U.Blog has recently announced that BMI (a music licensing company) has posted a new song with Utada's name on it here

It's also noted that the other two artists listed are also known as "Stargate" and have been behind massive hits in the US.

If you look here you'll also note that it's BMI work # is higher, meaning that's it's probably more recent.

Does this mean a soon-to-be-revealed song on the new English album? affraid
Back to top Go down
DSL5
Fan
Fan
DSL5

Number of posts : 87

PostSubject: Re: "Apple and Cinnamon"   "Apple and Cinnamon" I_icon_minitimeWed May 28, 2008 4:19 pm

Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation

(sorry for the excessive smiles, I'm just really excited!)

Utada seems to be making serious progress on her upcoming English album!!!!

Maybe there will be sound clips in the next month or so!!!!
Back to top Go down
theara
Fan
Fan
theara

Number of posts : 72

PostSubject: Re: "Apple and Cinnamon"   "Apple and Cinnamon" I_icon_minitimeWed May 28, 2008 5:24 pm

Hope this is real. Stargate does a lot of work with Ne-Yo. For those that are not familiar with Ne-Yo, he is a very talented singer/songwriter whose written some of the biggest songs from the past two years.
Back to top Go down
http://digg.com/
WatashiNoItami
Fan
Fan
WatashiNoItami

Number of posts : 151

PostSubject: Re: "Apple and Cinnamon"   "Apple and Cinnamon" I_icon_minitimeWed May 28, 2008 6:24 pm

OMG! =D That reminds me of the cereal, Apple Jacks. XDD She probably ate that when she was writing the song! I can't wait for her English album. I'm just dying. Seems like Hikki-sama's on a role! >=D
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/horonigai/
blue42
Fan
Fan
blue42

Number of posts : 60

PostSubject: Re: "Apple and Cinnamon"   "Apple and Cinnamon" I_icon_minitimeWed May 28, 2008 7:45 pm

This is great, Very Happy
Hopefully this could go on her album.
It would be super if she let other people write lyrics for her and produce some tracks.
(Ne-Yo especially, Very Happy)
Back to top Go down
DaAmainator
Fan
Fan
DaAmainator

PostSubject: Re: "Apple and Cinnamon"   "Apple and Cinnamon" I_icon_minitimeWed May 28, 2008 7:55 pm

blue42 wrote:

It would be super if she let other people write lyrics for her and produce some tracks.
(Ne-Yo especially, Very Happy)

... I don't think so. I believe she just struggles with the lyrics because she's so used to perfection. Ne-yo can't do hikki, silly! jocolor
Back to top Go down
AyUta
AyUta

Number of posts : 40

PostSubject: Re: "Apple and Cinnamon"   "Apple and Cinnamon" I_icon_minitimeWed May 28, 2008 8:35 pm

Yes! This is a possible title to one of her English tracks! I like the title xD
It sounds fun :3
Hopefully it is true! And I can't believe that she is currently working with stargate! It should turn out to be an amazing album, and might even go mainstream!
Back to top Go down
Sanosuke
Top Admin
Top Admin
Sanosuke

Number of posts : 210
Registration date : 2008-05-22

PostSubject: Re: "Apple and Cinnamon"   "Apple and Cinnamon" I_icon_minitimeWed May 28, 2008 10:27 pm

WatashiNoItami wrote:
OMG! =D That reminds me of the cereal, Apple Jacks. XDD She probably ate that when she was writing the song! I can't wait for her English album. I'm just dying. Seems like Hikki-sama's on a role! >=D

That was the first thing that came on my mind when I heard about it this morning.

Update will be on Hikki Station in a short while.
Back to top Go down
http://hikkistation.net
Prisoner of Hikki
Fan
Fan
Prisoner of Hikki

Number of posts : 141

PostSubject: Re: "Apple and Cinnamon"   "Apple and Cinnamon" I_icon_minitimeWed May 28, 2008 10:35 pm

The title's really cute and unique, and it makes me hungry silent This update came much faster than I expected ! It's only been about a week since Prisoner Of Love was released...

I'm really excited to hear what kind of song this will be like!
Back to top Go down
Pu_Jif
Pu_Jif

Number of posts : 6

PostSubject: Re: "Apple and Cinnamon"   "Apple and Cinnamon" I_icon_minitimeThu May 29, 2008 1:15 am

Cinnamon, I often ate when I was small Very Happy
OH oh, so happy when hear bout that song : Apple & Cinnamon => I will buy apple this afternoon Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Donovon-Bozu
Fan
Fan
Donovon-Bozu

Number of posts : 274
Registration date : 2008-05-28

PostSubject: Re: "Apple and Cinnamon"   "Apple and Cinnamon" I_icon_minitimeThu May 29, 2008 9:29 am

The title makes me hungry, as well...
The title makes me think, for some reason, of a slow song similar to For You. But hey, for all I know, this song could be some trance techno-electronica dance pop. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
WatashiNoItami
Fan
Fan
WatashiNoItami

PostSubject: Re: "Apple and Cinnamon"   "Apple and Cinnamon" I_icon_minitimeThu May 29, 2008 10:20 am

It must be a cute song! =D I hope she makes her English songs like she does with her Japanese. The lyrics for her Japanese songs were just OUTRAGEOUS! And the music went so well with it. I mean she brought a new kind of R&B to Japan. She should bring a new Experimental to America! XDD
Back to top Go down
KremlinChaos
Fan
Fan
KremlinChaos

Number of posts : 82
Registration date : 2008-05-27

PostSubject: Re: "Apple and Cinnamon"   "Apple and Cinnamon" I_icon_minitimeThu May 29, 2008 2:16 pm

^^I don't think her intention with this album is to bring something new and experimental to America. She said she already did that with Exodus and that this album will be much more mainstream.
Back to top Go down
DaAmainator
Fan
Fan
DaAmainator

PostSubject: Re: "Apple and Cinnamon"   "Apple and Cinnamon" I_icon_minitimeThu May 29, 2008 2:56 pm

Strangely enough, when I found this out, I was eating an Apple Cinnamon Nutri-grain bar! How crazy is that!!
*sigh* I don't know how to feel, guys! I want it to be JUST like her Japanese stuff!! I'm so torn! Mad
Back to top Go down
macboy1224
macboy1224

Number of posts : 9
Registration date : 2008-05-29

PostSubject: Re: "Apple and Cinnamon"   "Apple and Cinnamon" I_icon_minitimeThu May 29, 2008 7:38 pm

I don't know how to feel eithier because if she makes herself seem more mainstream just to be popular in America, would that be bad because I can't imagine Utada ever singing hip-hop it would be too weird for me, but if she does make it more like her Japanese stuff will she ever be popular in America? confused
Back to top Go down
Sanosuke
Top Admin
Top Admin
Sanosuke

Number of posts : 210

PostSubject: Re: "Apple and Cinnamon"   "Apple and Cinnamon" I_icon_minitimeThu May 29, 2008 7:48 pm

That's the issue.

I just think that she should make songs like "Prisoner Of Love." That'll definately be a success in the States. It's great that she's willing to let others help her out this time. We'll see when the time comes.
Back to top Go down
http://hikkistation.net
DaAmainator
Fan
Fan
DaAmainator

PostSubject: Re: "Apple and Cinnamon"   "Apple and Cinnamon" I_icon_minitimeThu May 29, 2008 8:09 pm

I also enjoy people "helping" but I don't know about that either. But hey, Sanctuary did well here. And I don't think Utada's really concerned with popularity so much. If she has a fairly large, VERY faithful fanbase, I think she'll be good. It would just make me so horrified if she did something like Exodus.
And I agree with Sano; Prisoner of Love sounds like one of those songs they play over and over on the radio where the DJ says "I just love love LOVE this song"
So, I'm just crossing fingers.
Back to top Go down
WatashiNoItami
Fan
Fan
WatashiNoItami

PostSubject: Re: "Apple and Cinnamon"   "Apple and Cinnamon" I_icon_minitimeThu May 29, 2008 8:35 pm

Yea! I think this time it's going to be better because she's grown up so much since Exodus so she'd probably write something very well this time. I'm hoping there's going to be an English version of Prisoner of Love... actually I'm dying for it! D=
Back to top Go down
DaAmainator
Fan
Fan
DaAmainator

PostSubject: Re: "Apple and Cinnamon"   "Apple and Cinnamon" I_icon_minitimeThu May 29, 2008 8:51 pm

WatashiNoItami wrote:
I'm hoping there's going to be an English version of Prisoner of Love... actually I'm dying for it! D=

I wouldn't bet on that. It really depends on the feel of the album. If it's such as change as Exodus, I don't think it would happen. Perhaps Sanctuary would be put on as a bonus since it's yet to be on an album.

But just the sound of Apple and Cinnamon sounds a bit more, perhaps, crisp than the other things on Heart Station. But, perhaps, since she worked on it first in English, she'll have it on the new album? So many possibilities, but I don't think it's going to happen. *shrugs*
Back to top Go down
WatashiNoItami
Fan
Fan
WatashiNoItami

PostSubject: Re: "Apple and Cinnamon"   "Apple and Cinnamon" I_icon_minitimeThu May 29, 2008 8:57 pm

If so, she'll probably do something with the lyrics of the English version of Prisoner Of Love like how she used materials from a while back for HEART STATION.
Back to top Go down
Tsuki
Tsuki

Number of posts : 24
Registration date : 2008-05-25

PostSubject: Re: "Apple and Cinnamon"   "Apple and Cinnamon" I_icon_minitimeThu May 29, 2008 10:58 pm

Apple and Cinnamon = My favorite food combination. XD

The title sounds very interesting. It sounds it'll be an upbeat, cute track, but we'll see. The title could be misleading. Like 'Dareka no Negai ga Kanau Koro'. I honestly thought that track would be a happy one when I saw it on the tracklist for Ultra Blue. xD
Back to top Go down
Blue
Fan
Fan
Blue

Number of posts : 83
Registration date : 2008-05-26

PostSubject: Re: "Apple and Cinnamon"   "Apple and Cinnamon" I_icon_minitimeThu May 29, 2008 11:33 pm

It would be nice if she kept her same style and just sung in english <3 whether it would be popular or not I'm not sure, but Hikki's got the talent, I dont want her songs to sound like any typical R&B song It should stand out just like her japanese music does.
Back to top Go down
WatashiNoItami
Fan
Fan
WatashiNoItami

PostSubject: Re: "Apple and Cinnamon"   "Apple and Cinnamon" I_icon_minitimeFri May 30, 2008 10:34 am

But the reason her Japanese music stood out was because she loved R&B music and brought that kind of style to Japan. XDD So that's why I wish she'd just take her Experimental style and bring it to America.. XDD
Back to top Go down
Oilyhead
Oilyhead

Number of posts : 6
Registration date : 2008-05-30

PostSubject: Re: "Apple and Cinnamon"   "Apple and Cinnamon" I_icon_minitimeFri May 30, 2008 12:03 pm

Apple&Cinnamon
Ought to be Coffe&Cinnamon (i love coffee) Razz
Can't wait for her second English album.
I wish she write songs herself cause her lyrics
full of meaning
Back to top Go down
Blue
Fan
Fan
Blue

Number of posts : 83
Registration date : 2008-05-26

PostSubject: Re: "Apple and Cinnamon"   "Apple and Cinnamon" I_icon_minitimeFri May 30, 2008 1:35 pm

WatashiNoItami wrote:
But the reason her Japanese music stood out was because she loved R&B music and brought that kind of style to Japan. XDD So that's why I wish she'd just take her Experimental style and bring it to America.. XDD

I never thought of it like that. I guess I've never been much into R&B so when I heard Hikki I never thought her music was influenced by it. So for me it was like Hikki's style was her own.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: "Apple and Cinnamon"   "Apple and Cinnamon" I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

"Apple and Cinnamon"
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next