Hikki Station Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  Return to Hikki StationReturn to Hikki Station  

"Apple and Cinnamon"

Go down 
+18
Hikkifan34
HEART STATION
kayoko
Oilyhead
Blue
Tsuki
macboy1224
KremlinChaos
Donovon-Bozu
Pu_Jif
Prisoner of Hikki
Sanosuke
AyUta
blue42
WatashiNoItami
theara
DSL5
DaAmainator
22 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
DaAmainator
Fan
Fan
DaAmainator

Number of posts : 312
Registration date : 2008-05-24

"Apple and Cinnamon" - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: "Apple and Cinnamon"   "Apple and Cinnamon" - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri May 30, 2008 3:21 pm

WatashiNoItami wrote:
But the reason her Japanese music stood out was because she loved R&B music and brought that kind of style to Japan. XDD So that's why I wish she'd just take her Experimental style and bring it to America.. XDD

Ah... sort of flip-flopping it. Me likes! pirat

I think WatashiNoItami is right. I think there are still people out there who don't know about the elegance of Japanese music. I hate it, but know that Americans sometimes really really HATE listening to things that aren't in their own language. If Hikki made this song or any of her other songs like Dareka No.. then I think it would touch on the people who didn't hear Sanctuary.

And here's a bit... Do you think Hikki's going to use this track for any commercials or advertisement like she did for Stay Gold (shampoo) or Sanctuary (Kingdom Hearts)?
Back to top Go down
Sanosuke
Top Admin
Top Admin
Sanosuke

Number of posts : 210
Registration date : 2008-05-22

PostSubject: Re: "Apple and Cinnamon"   "Apple and Cinnamon" - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri May 30, 2008 3:27 pm

I'm sure it will have some tie-in. If Stargate's helping her out, I'm sure they will find some way to advertise it. Apple Jacks commercial anyone? Haha.
Back to top Go down
http://hikkistation.net
DaAmainator
Fan
Fan
DaAmainator

PostSubject: Re: "Apple and Cinnamon"   "Apple and Cinnamon" - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri May 30, 2008 3:34 pm

Sanosuke wrote:
I'm sure it will have some tie-in. If Stargate's helping her out, I'm sure they will find some way to advertise it. Apple Jacks commercial anyone? Haha.

That. Would be SWEET. Let's brainstorm other tie-ins (just for laughs! elephant )

-Apple and Cinnamon Nutri-Grain (I was eating it when I found out!!)
-Possible new Starbucks flavor (yuuuum)
Back to top Go down
WatashiNoItami
Fan
Fan
WatashiNoItami

Number of posts : 151

PostSubject: Re: "Apple and Cinnamon"   "Apple and Cinnamon" - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri May 30, 2008 6:47 pm

APPLE JACKS SHOULD HAVE Apple and Cinnamon ON THEIR COMMERCIAL! XDD Like how Utada's Kiss&Cry was on the Nissin Cup Noodle commercial~
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/horonigai/
Prisoner of Hikki
Fan
Fan
Prisoner of Hikki

Number of posts : 141

PostSubject: Re: "Apple and Cinnamon"   "Apple and Cinnamon" - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri May 30, 2008 10:09 pm

The title itself makes me think "Apple Jacks" XD
Perhaps she's really going in that direction? It would really boost her sales!
Back to top Go down
DaAmainator
Fan
Fan
DaAmainator

PostSubject: Re: "Apple and Cinnamon"   "Apple and Cinnamon" - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri May 30, 2008 10:31 pm

But since when has Apple Jacks had a good commercial? With a good artist? I just don't think the company itself is good enough, do you? Perhaps they are trying to change their style to make their cereal more popular.
Back to top Go down
blue42
Fan
Fan
blue42

Number of posts : 60

PostSubject: Re: "Apple and Cinnamon"   "Apple and Cinnamon" - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri May 30, 2008 10:36 pm

About Apples & Cinnamon, it sounds like a really playful song from the title (Can't really make anymore assumptions with it from that).
If she works with Timbaland again it'll have the same funky and experimental beat though, or maybe a lot of bass. That'll be a huge shock to hear Utada's voice from a song like that, hah.
And since she plans on being mainstream with this album it'll bring in a lot more fans, but what'll happen then? I wonder if this album sells extremely well, will she devote more time to America and less on Japan?
Oh well.
Can't wait to hear this~~
Back to top Go down
DaAmainator
Fan
Fan
DaAmainator

PostSubject: Re: "Apple and Cinnamon"   "Apple and Cinnamon" - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri May 30, 2008 10:38 pm

Does anyone have predictions about when we're supposed to here this? I mean, right now we're only going off a licensing agreement on a site. Hikki hasn't affirmed anything yet. And it hasn't been a month from her last single.

Will she even do singles this time around or ultra mainstream it with only an album and no singles?
Back to top Go down
blue42
Fan
Fan
blue42

PostSubject: Re: "Apple and Cinnamon"   "Apple and Cinnamon" - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri May 30, 2008 10:44 pm

DaAmainator wrote:
Does anyone have predictions about when we're supposed to here this? I mean, right now we're only going off a licensing agreement on a site. Hikki hasn't affirmed anything yet. And it hasn't been a month from her last single.

Will she even do singles this time around or ultra mainstream it with only an album and no singles?
I'd say late-summer would be the earliest, but that would mean she'd be making the album really fast, if she goes with the single route. Of course I'd say winter's more likely. But all we can do is wait.
Back to top Go down
kayoko
Fan
Fan
kayoko

Number of posts : 89
Registration date : 2008-05-27

PostSubject: Re: "Apple and Cinnamon"   "Apple and Cinnamon" - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat May 31, 2008 12:47 am

winter seems like the more probable time for the release...maybe around september or october...that would be perfect...and this is the first actual news we've heard regarding her second english album right?
Back to top Go down
DaAmainator
Fan
Fan
DaAmainator

PostSubject: Re: "Apple and Cinnamon"   "Apple and Cinnamon" - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat May 31, 2008 7:46 am

kayoko wrote:
winter seems like the more probable time for the release...maybe around september or october...that would be perfect...and this is the first actual news we've heard regarding her second english album right?

Other than the fact that she's leaning on producers a little more than usual, and it's actually HAPPENING, this is the first we've heard. But what about the song itself? When will IT come out. I'm sure she'll at least give us a preview. Anyone know when it might come out? Predictions?
Back to top Go down
HEART STATION
HEART STATION

Number of posts : 8
Registration date : 2008-05-25

PostSubject: Re: "Apple and Cinnamon"   "Apple and Cinnamon" - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 01, 2008 8:22 am

She's working with Stargate. Should be good.
Back to top Go down
DaAmainator
Fan
Fan
DaAmainator

PostSubject: Re: "Apple and Cinnamon"   "Apple and Cinnamon" - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 01, 2008 9:34 am

HEART STATION wrote:

Yes, but working with Timbaland was also good. Depending on if you really like Exodus or not (a lot of people in here aren't fond of it), that was a bad choice. Hope they're not too mainstream.
Back to top Go down
Hikkifan34
Fan
Fan
Hikkifan34

Number of posts : 58

PostSubject: Re: "Apple and Cinnamon"   "Apple and Cinnamon" - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 01, 2008 1:21 pm

They are I hope its good though
Back to top Go down
http://www.crystal-utada.net
blue42
Fan
Fan
blue42

PostSubject: Re: "Apple and Cinnamon"   "Apple and Cinnamon" - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 01, 2008 6:08 pm

DaAmainator wrote:
HEART STATION wrote:

Yes, but working with Timbaland was also good. Depending on if you really like Exodus or not (a lot of people in here aren't fond of it), that was a bad choice. Hope they're not too mainstream.
Well, in the past few years the music market's changed a lot. Timbaland's wacky beats got a lot of attention 2006-2007. (Justin Timberlake, Nelly Furtado). Part of Exodus' charting failure was the publicity. I mean we all know Hikki was everywhere when Exodus came out, right? Rolling Eyes So if Exodus were to be released again, I'd think it'd do better.
Working with Stargate is a very good thing, I'm just wondering if Hikki's voice can get some success. She has a very soft and delicate voice compared to most singers, and when she produced some songs for herself, that didn't go too well on some songs in Exodus, so this could be her "Hot hit single". ;D
Back to top Go down
ekong

Number of posts : 9
Registration date : 2008-05-26

PostSubject: Re: "Apple and Cinnamon"   "Apple and Cinnamon" - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 01, 2008 11:11 pm

apple and cinnamon sounds so christmasy, I expect this single/album should come around that time!!
Back to top Go down
KremlinChaos
Fan
Fan
KremlinChaos

Number of posts : 82
Registration date : 2008-05-27

PostSubject: Re: "Apple and Cinnamon"   "Apple and Cinnamon" - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 02, 2008 5:44 pm

The song isn't listed on the site anymore.
Back to top Go down
Donovon-Bozu
Fan
Fan
Donovon-Bozu

Number of posts : 274
Registration date : 2008-05-28

PostSubject: Re: "Apple and Cinnamon"   "Apple and Cinnamon" - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 02, 2008 7:45 pm

...I wonder what that means...hmmm...

HIKKI'S ON TO US!!! RUN!!!
Back to top Go down
Prisoner of Hikki
Fan
Fan
Prisoner of Hikki

Number of posts : 141

PostSubject: Re: "Apple and Cinnamon"   "Apple and Cinnamon" - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 02, 2008 11:18 pm

EH? °A°
Why’s the track gone? Was it a mistake, or did the track never exist? I’m anxious for more news…
Back to top Go down
SuperKuman
SuperKuman

Number of posts : 24

PostSubject: Re: "Apple and Cinnamon"   "Apple and Cinnamon" - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 03, 2008 10:49 am

Maybe that's just a tentative collaboration ^^
Even if Hikki works on that, it would be kind of an OST. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
DaAmainator
Fan
Fan
DaAmainator

PostSubject: Re: "Apple and Cinnamon"   "Apple and Cinnamon" - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 03, 2008 4:01 pm

Donovon-Bozu wrote:
...I wonder what that means...hmmm...

HIKKI'S ON TO US!!! RUN!!!

Ayah?
*looks it up*
study
Neye???!!

BMI wrote:
BMI Work # not found

Perhaps Hikki saw all the chatter and found out it was incorrectly stated under her name? But that wouldn't make sense... BMI's website is very official.

Has it been taken back? scratch

I must go think on this...
Back to top Go down
Sanosuke
Top Admin
Top Admin
Sanosuke

Number of posts : 210

PostSubject: Re: "Apple and Cinnamon"   "Apple and Cinnamon" - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 03, 2008 5:26 pm

Back to top Go down
http://hikkistation.net
DaAmainator
Fan
Fan
DaAmainator

PostSubject: Re: "Apple and Cinnamon"   "Apple and Cinnamon" - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 03, 2008 7:57 pm

Whoa! Nice nab from Sano, and before U.BLOG too!! Very Happy

Now, why in the world would she switch to Sony? EMI and Sony are basic enemies in the business I thought. Of course, I might be wrong. Feel free to correct. But it's an interesting change.

Also, will she continue to go under the name Utada or switch to her Japanese name Utada Hikaru?
Back to top Go down
Rather Hazy
Fan
Fan
Rather Hazy

Number of posts : 137

PostSubject: Re: "Apple and Cinnamon"   "Apple and Cinnamon" - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 03, 2008 9:33 pm

DaAmainator wrote:
Whoa! Nice nab from Sano, and before U.BLOG too!! Very Happy

Now, why in the world would she switch to Sony? EMI and Sony are basic enemies in the business I thought. Of course, I might be wrong. Feel free to correct. But it's an interesting change.

Also, will she continue to go under the name Utada or switch to her Japanese name Utada Hikaru?
Sony is probably just Stargate's music publisher. But even so, musicians often have different music publishers to their record companies, I'm not sure exactly how it works.

And she's still under contract as "Utada" so that's what she'll be on at least this album. Since "Utada Hikaru"'s songs are all listed together with "Utada"'s I guess she has it set up so that "Utada Hikaru" writes all of "Utada"'s songs. God, having two contracts at once is confusing.
Back to top Go down
Piasu Maikeru
Fan
Fan
Piasu Maikeru

Number of posts : 119
Registration date : 2008-06-15

PostSubject: Re: "Apple and Cinnamon"   "Apple and Cinnamon" - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 15, 2008 6:08 pm

I couldn't believe it when I heard that Apple and Cinnamon was going to be one of Hikki's songs! Now if only we had a bit more information about the song, like what it's about (other than the fact that's about apples and cinnamon. Razz )
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: "Apple and Cinnamon"   "Apple and Cinnamon" - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

"Apple and Cinnamon"
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next