Hikki Station Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  Return to Hikki StationReturn to Hikki Station  

English Album in next 6 months!!!

Go down 
+10
Grotesko
Donovon-Bozu
Prisoner of Hikki
blue42
Amaterasu
Amai Wana
theara
Piasu Maikeru
DaAmainator
questionsmakemeblue
14 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
questionsmakemeblue
Fan
Fan
questionsmakemeblue

Number of posts : 50
Registration date : 2008-06-08

English Album in next 6 months!!! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: English Album in next 6 months!!!   English Album in next 6 months!!! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 08, 2008 10:36 pm

Although I prefer electronic over R&B, I'm pretty sure I'll like anything from her.

oh and the rumors about Kanye working with her, Timbaland was like 1000X more ghetto than Kanye, and exodus was not ghetto at all, so I think if it's true that Kanye is working with her, I wont be afaid anymore. besides, not all his music is ghetto sounding.
Back to top Go down
Amaterasu
Fan
Fan
Amaterasu

Number of posts : 107
Registration date : 2008-06-11

PostSubject: Re: English Album in next 6 months!!!   English Album in next 6 months!!! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 10, 2008 12:26 am

I must say that if it is R & B, I may just really like it. I really enjoy Hikki's earliest Japanese works, which have the heaviest R & B qualities to them. It's my Hikaru-flavour of the moment.

If she's going to co-operate with Timbaland, it's not going to be a point of contention for me. I really enjoyed her song Exodus '04.

Beyond that point, there is little else that I could say, as I don't have any knowledge of popular music. Poor me.

There was a very good point raised by Blue42 in that if there were more producers, we may get an album with more mass appeal.

At the end of the day, I'm one of those crazy fans of her Japanese works that somehow hopes that her English stuff sounds like a port over of her Asian tunes. This of course would never be commercially viable. But I love Utada Hikaru's music, and not so much Utada's.

I'm starting to anticipate this album more than I am dreading it; I hope that the reports of her releasing it in the final fiscal quarter of 2008 is not erroneous.
Back to top Go down
AnimeLunatic
Fan
Fan
AnimeLunatic

Number of posts : 104
Registration date : 2008-05-25

PostSubject: Re: English Album in next 6 months!!!   English Album in next 6 months!!! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 12, 2008 1:08 am

We can dread it all we want but we all know we will buy it. Don't matter what happens. If critics hate it or love it, we all will buy it just to know that we are supporting her.
Back to top Go down
Amaterasu
Fan
Fan
Amaterasu

Number of posts : 107
Registration date : 2008-06-11

PostSubject: Re: English Album in next 6 months!!!   English Album in next 6 months!!! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 12, 2008 1:47 am

*laughs*

Well, I was wrong about Hikki taking another two years to do this English album. (at least I hope that I am, and that the report is accurate.)

Unfortunately, I will probably end up supporting it regardless of its quality. God, am I becoming a Hikaru-whore?
Back to top Go down
AnimeLunatic
Fan
Fan
AnimeLunatic

Number of posts : 104
Registration date : 2008-05-25

PostSubject: Re: English Album in next 6 months!!!   English Album in next 6 months!!! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 12, 2008 2:35 am

If so, then I too am a Hikaru whore. xD
Back to top Go down
questionsmakemeblue
Fan
Fan
questionsmakemeblue

Number of posts : 50
Registration date : 2008-06-08

PostSubject: Re: English Album in next 6 months!!!   English Album in next 6 months!!! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 12, 2008 7:21 pm

I know I am!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: English Album in next 6 months!!!   English Album in next 6 months!!! - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

English Album in next 6 months!!!
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2