Hikki Station Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  Return to Hikki StationReturn to Hikki Station  

Second English Album

Go down 
+31
kayoko
Crescentlupin9
Amai Wana
Donovon-Bozu
KremlinChaos
amorphose
Gold_Station
Blue
AnimeLunatic
pauloferreira
Hikkifan34
hageshii_AME
DaAmainator
blue42
Anita
Nintendofanboy
AyUta
theara
Grotesko
Chou
ShjnYuU
DSL5
davidteoh
Prisoner of Hikki
kindblue
Rather Hazy
Pu_Jif
SuperKuman
haatosuteishon
nword803
Sanosuke
35 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Are you anticipating for the next English album?
Yes
Second English Album I_vote_lcap96%Second English Album I_vote_rcap
 96% [ 45 ]
No
Second English Album I_vote_lcap2%Second English Album I_vote_rcap
 2% [ 1 ]
Maybe
Second English Album I_vote_lcap2%Second English Album I_vote_rcap
 2% [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 47

AuthorMessage
Sanosuke
Top Admin
Top Admin
Sanosuke

Number of posts : 210
Registration date : 2008-05-22

Second English Album Empty
PostSubject: Second English Album   Second English Album I_icon_minitimeSat May 24, 2008 1:00 am

Discuss.
Back to top Go down
http://hikkistation.net
nword803
nword803

Number of posts : 20
Registration date : 2008-05-24

PostSubject: Re: Second English Album   Second English Album I_icon_minitimeSat May 24, 2008 1:31 am

On the Second english album I really hope she does a ballad

Exodus didn't have a ballad.

I have a thing for strings so i love Utada's Ballads because she always use strings.

Also she said she had written prisoner of love in english and translated to japanese (spell check). So I hope a version of prisoner of love is on the new cd too.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/awesome_blackclown
haatosuteishon
haatosuteishon

Number of posts : 11

PostSubject: Re: Second English Album   Second English Album I_icon_minitimeSat May 24, 2008 1:37 am

Anything new from Hikki is always worth anticipating for Smile
Back to top Go down
http://laizenchi.blogspot.com
SuperKuman
SuperKuman

Number of posts : 24

PostSubject: Re: Second English Album   Second English Album I_icon_minitimeSat May 24, 2008 1:46 am

maybe more hyper experimentals this time cyclops I expect more synth and challenging tunes, as what Exodus has done to my ears bom
Back to top Go down
Pu_Jif
Pu_Jif

Number of posts : 6

PostSubject: Re: Second English Album   Second English Album I_icon_minitimeSat May 24, 2008 1:50 am

nword803 wrote:
On the Second english album I really hope she does a ballad

Exodus didn't have a ballad.

I have a thing for strings so i love Utada's Ballads because she always use strings.

Also she said she had written prisoner of love in english and translated to japanese (spell check). So I hope a version of prisoner of love is on the new cd too.

if all songs are ballads, that't not Utada I know
Back to top Go down
nword803
nword803

PostSubject: Re: Second English Album   Second English Album I_icon_minitimeSat May 24, 2008 1:52 am

not all ballads

but at least one

i just like em
Back to top Go down
Rather Hazy
Fan
Fan
Rather Hazy

Number of posts : 137

PostSubject: Re: Second English Album   Second English Album I_icon_minitimeSat May 24, 2008 2:55 am

I don't know anyone here who'd vote no. Razz

I really hope at least some of the tracks have complex electronic arrangements like Keep Tryin'. That kind of arrangement combined with an American melody and English lyrics, that would blow my mind.
Back to top Go down
kindblue
kindblue

Number of posts : 21

PostSubject: Re: Second English Album   Second English Album I_icon_minitimeSat May 24, 2008 5:30 am

Of course, every Hikki fan would be excited. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Prisoner of Hikki
Fan
Fan
Prisoner of Hikki

Number of posts : 141

PostSubject: Re: Second English Album   Second English Album I_icon_minitimeSat May 24, 2008 7:11 am

Definitely excited. I even dream about it recently Very Happy
Back to top Go down
davidteoh
davidteoh

Number of posts : 27

PostSubject: Re: Second English Album   Second English Album I_icon_minitimeSat May 24, 2008 10:27 am

Haha!Same as them!!All the fans around the world will definitely excitedXD
Back to top Go down
DSL5
Fan
Fan
DSL5

Number of posts : 87

PostSubject: Re: Second English Album   Second English Album I_icon_minitimeSat May 24, 2008 11:31 am

I was a little disappointed with Exodus because the most of the album seemed dark and the rhythms weren't as upbeat as her Japanese ones.

I'm really excited for her new English album, but I hope it's more upbeat than her last English one.
Back to top Go down
nword803
nword803

PostSubject: Re: Second English Album   Second English Album I_icon_minitimeSat May 24, 2008 12:24 pm

I liked exodus

i thought all her beats were really creative

I mean some of the things she said sounded wierd, (well they way she worded some things)

I still enjoyed it!!!

I listened to it yesterday
Back to top Go down
ShjnYuU

Number of posts : 1

PostSubject: Re: Second English Album   Second English Album I_icon_minitimeSat May 24, 2008 12:25 pm

will she do some song like Kremlin Dusk ?
xD Original Utada in US - Sexy - explosive -
Back to top Go down
Chou
Chou

Number of posts : 4

PostSubject: Re: Second English Album   Second English Album I_icon_minitimeSat May 24, 2008 12:44 pm

I absolutly don't like Hikki performing like Utada, because she seems to be a very different person. When I saw her American PVs I was confused, because I never thought she could act this bitchy. It's not authentic when she behaves like in Easy Breeze. It's too American style and doesn't suit to Hikki.
But nevertheless I like a few songs on Exodus (Devil inside, You make me want to be a man). Time flies and Hikki became more confident. As long as it authentic it's ok.

English version of Prisonder of Love = Ballad ... right?
Back to top Go down
http://grieved-lightness.com
Grotesko

Number of posts : 6

PostSubject: Re: Second English Album   Second English Album I_icon_minitimeSat May 24, 2008 1:07 pm

Of course, of course. I loved Exodus but I'm sure she knew of some of the errors she had.
Since it was an experiment, I'm sure now she knows what to do even more.
Back to top Go down
theara
Fan
Fan
theara

Number of posts : 72

PostSubject: Re: Second English Album   Second English Album I_icon_minitimeSat May 24, 2008 1:14 pm

I'm just hoping she doesn't try to duplicate what she did on Exodus. I feel the U.S. isn't ready or has the taste for her type of music (as Utada or Utada Hikaru).

I do think that Prisoner of Love, if done correctly, has the potential to be a big hit (Top 100 and hopefully Top 40). I hope she doesn't sell out just for commercial success.
Back to top Go down
http://digg.com/
AyUta
AyUta

Number of posts : 40

PostSubject: Re: Second English Album   Second English Album I_icon_minitimeSat May 24, 2008 3:08 pm

haatosuteishon wrote:

Agreed! Smile
I'm really looking forward to this new English album! Hopefully she will have a ballad or two this time.

The only thing I hope she doesn't do this time is create naughty lyrics with Timberland, nor do any herself. I know the US is for dirty lyrics and such, but I just don't wish for her to go in that direction. I believe people will take her more seriously if she stays clean in the US.
Back to top Go down
Nintendofanboy
Fan
Fan
Nintendofanboy

Number of posts : 153

PostSubject: Re: Second English Album   Second English Album I_icon_minitimeSat May 24, 2008 3:27 pm

I'm really excited for the album. I loved Exodus and it would be awesome to hear Utada sing some more great songs in English again.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/Mario1242
Anita
Anita

Number of posts : 3

PostSubject: Re: Second English Album   Second English Album I_icon_minitimeSat May 24, 2008 3:29 pm

I think it'll be brilliant for Hikki to use the music arrangement for making Japanese songs to deal with the English ones~this will bring fresh music style to the Western listeners!
Back to top Go down
AyUta
AyUta

Number of posts : 40

PostSubject: Re: Second English Album   Second English Album I_icon_minitimeSat May 24, 2008 3:45 pm

^ Agreed! Her music would probably sound way awesome to the Americans!
Back to top Go down
blue42
Fan
Fan
blue42

Number of posts : 60

PostSubject: Re: Second English Album   Second English Album I_icon_minitimeSat May 24, 2008 6:16 pm

theara wrote:
I'm just hoping she doesn't try to duplicate what she did on Exodus. I feel the U.S. isn't ready or has the taste for her type of music (as Utada or Utada Hikaru).

I do think that Prisoner of Love, if done correctly, has the potential to be a big hit (Top 100 and hopefully Top 40). I hope she doesn't sell out just for commercial success.
Have you heard "Bleeding Love" by Leona Lewis? The beat for that is weird as hell, and that was HUGE.
Exodus was just a little bit too experimental, a very very good album, but for people who discovered her from "Exodus", it was probably a little odd for and they would've stayed away from it. It is a good album, (My favorite is Animato, <33), but just a little bit too weird for the public.
The single choices even weirder.
I feel if she released "THE WORKOUT" as a single now, it would chart well. It did have one of the most radio-friendly beats and would've brought more people to listen and buy her whole album.

I agree about "Prisoner Of Love", if she released it as is, then it would be okay, but if she changed it up a little, (In my opinion the beat for the first few lines is a little bit boring) then it would do great here. If she added more strings (violins, Very Happy) to the Quiet Version and released that, I'd think it'd work more for ballad lovers in the west.

AyUta wrote:
haatosuteishon wrote:
The only thing I hope she doesn't do this time is create naughty lyrics with Timberland, nor do any herself. I know the US is for dirty lyrics and such, but I just don't wish for her to go in that direction. I believe people will take her more seriously if she stays clean in the US.
Timbaland only helped with "Exodus '04" (A very good song) and "Let Me Give You My Love", D:
Hikki wrote the rest. You've heard "THE WORKOUT", right?

f she wants to do well, I'd say she should make some less-experimental tracks. "Wonder 'Bout" being the greatest example of just too much. Lyrically, she did a pretty damn good job. It was just some small offenders. ("Japaneesy"?). A little more instruemnts would be nice too.
Of course that's all opinion.
Also, since the release of the first album, I'd say she has a larger fanbase now than ever and this album will sell more than the first.

I just wish she'd make english versions of her songs. ("Dareka no..." for example, 8D)
Back to top Go down
DaAmainator
Fan
Fan
DaAmainator

Number of posts : 312

PostSubject: Re: Second English Album   Second English Album I_icon_minitimeSat May 24, 2008 7:55 pm

haatosuteishon wrote:

These are very good points. I think the fact that Hikki wrote Prisoner originally in English seriously says something about the way she's approaching this second album.

As she said in numerous interviews, her first was an experiment. She now knows the industry and her audience. This will be a butt kicking album for sure. cheers
Back to top Go down
DSL5
Fan
Fan
DSL5

Number of posts : 87

PostSubject: Re: Second English Album   Second English Album I_icon_minitimeSun May 25, 2008 12:32 am

nword803 wrote:
I mean some of the things she said sounded wierd, (well they way she worded some things)

Agreed. Some of the lyrics were....how should I put this.....awkward, for example; "Can you and I start mixing gene pools" from Let Me Give You My Love, "How about a rhyme to fortify me" from Animato, and "And I was afraid to trust my hunches" from Exodus 04 are all technically correct English, but they're not thing that are normally heard in English.
Back to top Go down
hageshii_AME
hageshii_AME

Number of posts : 33
Registration date : 2008-05-25

PostSubject: Re: Second English Album   Second English Album I_icon_minitimeSun May 25, 2008 1:49 am

I'm actually very very excited. Beyond excited.

I know a lot of people really don't prefer her English album because they say something along the lines of, "It's too shallow," "She sounds weird," "She got taken over by the market," but I really love these songs because it makes you think for a long time to understand what it actually means. Almost every song had a wonderful personality and meaning, and I'm sure it didn't appeal to me at first, but I began to love every second of it.

Utada-san loves trying out new things, and I'm sure that the previous album and this next new one will give her another new step in her career.
Back to top Go down
Hikkifan34
Fan
Fan
Hikkifan34

Number of posts : 58

PostSubject: Re: Second English Album   Second English Album I_icon_minitimeSun May 25, 2008 2:06 am

Its accualy her 3rd 1st being "precious " and I believe Hikaru is truly is wonderful in both languages she has a lot of heart BUT she tried to hard to Americanize things
Back to top Go down
http://www.crystal-utada.net
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Second English Album   Second English Album I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Second English Album
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next