Hikki Station Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  Return to Hikki StationReturn to Hikki Station  

What Utada songs can you really relate to?

Go down 
+11
Blue
Piasu Maikeru
Lucy Ford
Tsuki
Donovon-Bozu
WatashiNoItami
malemale
Prisoner of Hikki
Amai Wana
Rather Hazy
Nintendofanboy
15 posters
AuthorMessage
Nintendofanboy
Fan
Fan
Nintendofanboy

Number of posts : 153
Registration date : 2008-05-24

What Utada songs can you really relate to? Empty
PostSubject: What Utada songs can you really relate to?   What Utada songs can you really relate to? I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 03, 2008 10:12 pm

For me it has to be "Distance" or "Final Distance" since distance is keeping me apart from people I love and this song really reminds me of them. Do you have any Utada songs that you can relate to?
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/Mario1242
Rather Hazy
Fan
Fan
Rather Hazy

Number of posts : 137
Registration date : 2008-05-22

PostSubject: Re: What Utada songs can you really relate to?   What Utada songs can you really relate to? I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 03, 2008 10:32 pm

Heart Station is the most recent, I think many people can relate to this one, being disconnected from someone you loved and sort of hoping that somehow they know that you're thinking of them and hoping they're doing well. Others are Kiss & Cry, Parody (I can really relate to the domestic songs, as boring as it sounds), Wings, and B&C.
Back to top Go down
Amai Wana
Fan
Fan

Number of posts : 256
Registration date : 2008-05-25

PostSubject: Re: What Utada songs can you really relate to?   What Utada songs can you really relate to? I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 03, 2008 11:05 pm

HEART STATION, I agree is a song that many people can relate to. Feeling disconntected physically or emotionally to someone special but knowing that you're always connected by the frequencies of your hearts and that they'll always get the message. That's such a sweet theme and one that everyone can feel.

Kiss & Cry is another song I can relate to. The idea of freedom and being able to cry is definitely something that anyone can relate to.

Strangely enough, Niji-iro Bus is a song that I can relate to. The poetic lyrics really do capture a basic instict in people sometimes that I totally relate to.

I like how Hikki's lyrics are ones that anyone, anywhere can relate to at one point or another. There are more but these are ones right now.
Back to top Go down
http://amaiwana.wordpress.com/
Prisoner of Hikki
Fan
Fan
Prisoner of Hikki

Number of posts : 141

PostSubject: Re: What Utada songs can you really relate to?   What Utada songs can you really relate to? I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 04, 2008 7:24 am

I can relate to Eternally, Addicted To You, Time Limit, Tokyo NIGHTS, Final Distance, Hikari, Keep Tryin', Blue, Nichiyou no Asa, Be My Last, Fight The Blues, HEART STATION, Beautiful World, Celebrate, Prisoner Of Love, TAKE 5, and Niji-iro Bus. That's quite a lot XD
Back to top Go down
malemale
malemale

Number of posts : 24
Registration date : 2008-05-31

PostSubject: Re: What Utada songs can you really relate to?   What Utada songs can you really relate to? I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 04, 2008 8:08 am

First Love! I heard it the first time after my former boyfriend broke up with me, I cried so hard :-(
Back to top Go down
WatashiNoItami
Fan
Fan
WatashiNoItami

Number of posts : 151

PostSubject: Re: What Utada songs can you really relate to?   What Utada songs can you really relate to? I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 04, 2008 7:47 pm

I can relate to mostly all of Utada's songs, but the one I feel mostly related to right now is DISTANCE/FINAL DISTANCE, HEART STATION, and Niji-iro Busu. Like what Nintendofanboy said for DISTANCE/FINAL DISTANCE, I feel like I'm just growing away from my close friends because next year we're all moving away to somewhere and won't see each other for about another 2 years. And, obviously, I agree with Rather Hazy and Amai Wana about HEART STATION. I couldn't stop listening to it when it came out 'cause it made me feel so much better after 2 years being separate from my little cousin. And for Niji-iro Basu, it made me feel hope in a way and was like something to reassure me that everything's going to be all right 'cause "everyone feels the same".
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/horonigai/
Amai Wana
Fan
Fan

Number of posts : 256

PostSubject: Re: What Utada songs can you really relate to?   What Utada songs can you really relate to? I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 04, 2008 7:53 pm

hehehe, we have some of the same songs [Niji-iro Bus and HEART STATION]!
Soo relatable.
Keep Tryin' is another song that people can relate too. Like you just pick yourself up and just keep moving on.
Back to top Go down
http://amaiwana.wordpress.com/
WatashiNoItami
Fan
Fan
WatashiNoItami

Number of posts : 151

PostSubject: Re: What Utada songs can you really relate to?   What Utada songs can you really relate to? I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 04, 2008 8:06 pm

Exactly. Utada has a way to get to people so well. And her lyrics mean a lot to people. One of the main reason I cling on to her so much! >.<
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/horonigai/
Donovon-Bozu
Fan
Fan
Donovon-Bozu

Number of posts : 274
Registration date : 2008-05-28

PostSubject: Re: What Utada songs can you really relate to?   What Utada songs can you really relate to? I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 04, 2008 8:09 pm

I relate to Final Distance a lot. Someone very close to me died a few months ago...
Back to top Go down
Tsuki
Tsuki

Number of posts : 24

PostSubject: Re: What Utada songs can you really relate to?   What Utada songs can you really relate to? I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 04, 2008 10:45 pm

I'm surprised nobody has said they related to Stay Gold. When I stumbled on this forum that's the song I've thought of first. The feeling of wanting something to stay as they are, 'stay gold', and not to change; I think I can relate to that a lot.

Fight the Blues, Keep Tryin', Niji-iro BASU and Shiawase ni Narou are great pick-me-up songs that I love to listen to when I'm feeling down, and I can relate easily to their message too. I love Shiawase ni Narou (Let's Be Happy), especially the lyrics: 'tomorrow will be better than today'. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Lucy Ford
Lucy Ford

Number of posts : 13
Registration date : 2008-07-03

PostSubject: Re: What Utada songs can you really relate to?   What Utada songs can you really relate to? I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 03, 2008 7:19 pm

Although many of her songs catch me in one way or another, I think the one I can relate to most is Devil Inside. I kind of have an image of last summer superimposed on this song, as well as the rest of the whole Exodus album really, I used to time my workouts by it aha (won't be doing that again, by the way). But Devil Inside especially because it reflected my emotions that summer best. XD
Back to top Go down
Piasu Maikeru
Fan
Fan
Piasu Maikeru

Number of posts : 119
Registration date : 2008-06-15

PostSubject: Re: What Utada songs can you really relate to?   What Utada songs can you really relate to? I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 04, 2008 12:58 am

I can mostly relate to Fight the Blues. The reason why is because I had a friend who would always just yell at me, and every time I tried making him not my friend anymore, he'd just come back and be polite and turn back aggressive a week later. Eventually, it made me depressed, and I decided that I needed to get out of depression. I told him that I did not want to be around him anymore and I walked away without hearing what he said in response. I haven't spoke to him since. However, thinking about it makes me sad inside because we had everything in common, but it doesn't matter anymore.

I can also relate to, as Lucy Ford said, Devil Inside. Everyone thinks that I'm a pushover (I've noticed), but actually, I have a different side to me than what everyone thinks.

I relate to Utada Hikaru's songs a lot, really. I could go on for paragraphs talking about it, really. silent
Back to top Go down
Blue
Fan
Fan
Blue

Number of posts : 83
Registration date : 2008-05-26

PostSubject: Re: What Utada songs can you really relate to?   What Utada songs can you really relate to? I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 19, 2008 6:50 pm

It's definately First Love for me
Back to top Go down
SwallowTail
Fan
Fan
SwallowTail

Number of posts : 82
Registration date : 2008-06-13

PostSubject: Re: What Utada songs can you really relate to?   What Utada songs can you really relate to? I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 20, 2008 11:00 am

Well Devil inside of me somehow related to me and Deep river always give some hope to me that we have our own destiny, reach our own destiny
Back to top Go down
DaAmainator
Fan
Fan
DaAmainator

Number of posts : 312

PostSubject: Re: What Utada songs can you really relate to?   What Utada songs can you really relate to? I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 20, 2008 1:17 pm

Fight The Blues is a song I can really relate to along with Keep Tryin'. When Utada says (in an interview about KT) "Sometimes I don't want to wake up in the morning or go to work. I just want to snuggle in my bed with my bear" (or something related to that), I feel like "Ohh! That's what I feel like all the time!!" I listen to it when I need some jump up.
Back to top Go down
Amaterasu
Fan
Fan
Amaterasu

Number of posts : 107
Registration date : 2008-06-11

PostSubject: Re: What Utada songs can you really relate to?   What Utada songs can you really relate to? I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 20, 2008 6:36 pm

I'm the only one; I find it difficult for me to relate to Hikki's songs - nonetheless, that has not at all stayed my sense of enjoyment from them.
Back to top Go down
Tai

Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2008-08-10

PostSubject: Re: What Utada songs can you really relate to?   What Utada songs can you really relate to? I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 23, 2008 9:48 pm

Time to time when i listen to songs like Final Distance, Prisoner of love or For you i felt lyk i can relate to it really well ..
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What Utada songs can you really relate to?   What Utada songs can you really relate to? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What Utada songs can you really relate to?
Page 1 of 1