Hikki Station Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  Return to Hikki StationReturn to Hikki Station  

New Hikki Album Art

Go down 
+5
macboy1224
DaAmainator
WatashiNoItami
Donovon-Bozu
DSL5
9 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
DSL5
Fan
Fan
DSL5

Number of posts : 87
Registration date : 2008-05-24

New Hikki Album Art Empty
PostSubject: New Hikki Album Art   New Hikki Album Art I_icon_minitimeFri May 30, 2008 4:08 pm

Ok, now that I have your attention, here's what this is really about.

Today in my Graphic Design class at school, we got assigned a new project to create Album Art for a CD of either a possible future release of a current artist or a made up album.

My first thought, "HIKKI'S SECOND ENGLISH ALBUM!!!!!"

So, I've decided to make a thread here to post updates on my progress and to gather possible ideas on what to include in my art.

Not only do I have to design the album art, but also the art on the CD itself, the inside cover, the back cover, and the side label.

If anybody here has images I could use or ideas for song titles/concepts for the art, please feel free to post!!!
Back to top Go down
Donovon-Bozu
Fan
Fan
Donovon-Bozu

Number of posts : 274
Registration date : 2008-05-28

PostSubject: Re: New Hikki Album Art   New Hikki Album Art I_icon_minitimeFri May 30, 2008 7:03 pm

PLEASE use the same font as the Exodus CD (so cool)...
On the cover, you should have her face up-close, like her Japanese albums...
For songs, think dancing...or darker themes. That's just my idea, though. Do whatever makes you feel comfortable! Oh, and a darker color scheme. (Blacks, Greys, Dark Blues, Dark Reds).

That project sounds fun. I wish we had that at my school. Sad
Back to top Go down
WatashiNoItami
Fan
Fan
WatashiNoItami

Number of posts : 151

PostSubject: Re: New Hikki Album Art   New Hikki Album Art I_icon_minitimeFri May 30, 2008 7:06 pm

Oooh! That sounds like a lot of fun! =D I'll be here (well everyone will be) so if you need help I guess you can just ask everyone for some advice! =D

I think you should have something would give off mix feelings like Hikki's songs! I don't know...like making it look beautiful yet sad...? XDD
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/horonigai/
DaAmainator
Fan
Fan
DaAmainator

Number of posts : 312

PostSubject: Re: New Hikki Album Art   New Hikki Album Art I_icon_minitimeFri May 30, 2008 10:54 pm

Yeah, yeah, I'm feeling what WatashiNoItami's sayin'. Perhaps flowers to give it that bright cheery feel, but darker colors like Donovon-Bozu was saying.

Also, all you really have to go off of is PoL (since she originally wrote that in English), so try to hug the cover near that sort of feel.
Back to top Go down
macboy1224
macboy1224

Number of posts : 9
Registration date : 2008-05-29

PostSubject: Re: New Hikki Album Art   New Hikki Album Art I_icon_minitimeFri May 30, 2008 11:12 pm

Cool! Post it when you finish I would really like to see that! It sounds awesome and I love that you can bring Hikki into your school work! If you need any help feel free to ask!
Back to top Go down
DSL5
Fan
Fan
DSL5

PostSubject: Re: New Hikki Album Art   New Hikki Album Art I_icon_minitimeFri May 30, 2008 11:24 pm

Well, I want to make something simple (in the tradition of Hikki's previous albums), but I have to include lots of imagery in this project, imagery inspired by lyrics (it's sort of a final project type assignment, so we have to "show off" what we've learned). Looks like I'll be doing something a little more complex than a close-up of Hikki's face....
Back to top Go down
WatashiNoItami
Fan
Fan
WatashiNoItami

Number of posts : 151

PostSubject: Re: New Hikki Album Art   New Hikki Album Art I_icon_minitimeFri May 30, 2008 11:29 pm

You should do a mini collage. Like take some of her best photos from like each of her album era and like combine them all? Oh, you should make it like semi-realistic? XDD Did you have any ideas on what'd you want to use for it?
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/horonigai/
DSL5
Fan
Fan
DSL5

PostSubject: Re: New Hikki Album Art   New Hikki Album Art I_icon_minitimeFri May 30, 2008 11:50 pm

I was thinking of theming it off of Apple and Cinimon (since it's all we have to go on as of now).

Another idea I had was of Hikki sitting in a room with a thoughtful look on her face and different things sort of floating around her.

So far, I have two pictures I'm thinking of using, but I really need some help. If anyone has some good Hikki pics, please please please post them here!!!!!
Back to top Go down
macboy1224
macboy1224

Number of posts : 9
Registration date : 2008-05-29

PostSubject: Re: New Hikki Album Art   New Hikki Album Art I_icon_minitimeSat May 31, 2008 12:09 am

What day is it due by? Are you in a rush or is it a long time from now?
Back to top Go down
DSL5
Fan
Fan
DSL5

PostSubject: Re: New Hikki Album Art   New Hikki Album Art I_icon_minitimeSat May 31, 2008 12:19 am

um...not quite sure on the due date, but school ends on the 16th, so I'd assume a few days before that.
Back to top Go down
DaAmainator
Fan
Fan
DaAmainator

PostSubject: Re: New Hikki Album Art   New Hikki Album Art I_icon_minitimeSat May 31, 2008 8:00 am

I dunno if we'll hear anything from the new album by then Sad
Back to top Go down
DSL5
Fan
Fan
DSL5

PostSubject: Re: New Hikki Album Art   New Hikki Album Art I_icon_minitimeSat May 31, 2008 3:25 pm

ok, here's what I've got so far. Right now I'm in the very begining phase of this project, so it is nowhere close to done. Please tell me what you think!!

New Hikki Album Art Frontcovercd1yt4.th
Back to top Go down
DaAmainator
Fan
Fan
DaAmainator

PostSubject: Re: New Hikki Album Art   New Hikki Album Art I_icon_minitimeSat May 31, 2008 6:24 pm

Looks pretty fly! Hey, I don't know if it's the pixelation or what but it looks like you drew that? Did you?
Back to top Go down
Sanosuke
Top Admin
Top Admin
Sanosuke

Number of posts : 210
Registration date : 2008-05-22

PostSubject: Re: New Hikki Album Art   New Hikki Album Art I_icon_minitimeSat May 31, 2008 6:28 pm

Likely some Photoshop effects. Wink
Back to top Go down
http://hikkistation.net
DSL5
Fan
Fan
DSL5

PostSubject: Re: New Hikki Album Art   New Hikki Album Art I_icon_minitimeSat May 31, 2008 6:58 pm

I used Adobe Illustrator to convert a picture of her into lines, then colorized it. Pretty cool, huh?
Back to top Go down
DaAmainator
Fan
Fan
DaAmainator

PostSubject: Re: New Hikki Album Art   New Hikki Album Art I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 02, 2008 3:04 pm

DSL5 wrote:
I used Adobe Illustrator to convert a picture of her into lines, then colorized it. Pretty cool, huh?

*nods* Me likes! geek

What are you planning to do with the background? How are you going to come up with a tracklist?
Back to top Go down
DSL5
Fan
Fan
DSL5

PostSubject: Re: New Hikki Album Art   New Hikki Album Art I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 02, 2008 9:09 pm

um.....hehe.....not sure yet on the background. My teacher wants less focus on the artist and more focus on imagery (I have to represent the lyrics of a song on the cover).

As for the tracklist, I've got three ideas:

Apple and Cinnamon (duh)
Prisoner of Love ~English Version~
Exodus '08

If anyone had other ideas, please let me know!!
Back to top Go down
DaAmainator
Fan
Fan
DaAmainator

PostSubject: Re: New Hikki Album Art   New Hikki Album Art I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 03, 2008 3:47 pm

lol (Exodus 08).. You should have hearts (like Prisoner of Love)
Back to top Go down
DSL5
Fan
Fan
DSL5

PostSubject: Re: New Hikki Album Art   New Hikki Album Art I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 03, 2008 7:41 pm

yeah....I couldn't think of anything else, so I reverted to Exodus 08.

anyway..................

here's the latest update. As always, comments are appreciates!!

New Hikki Album Art Frontcovercd1bb4.th
Back to top Go down
DaAmainator
Fan
Fan
DaAmainator

PostSubject: Re: New Hikki Album Art   New Hikki Album Art I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 03, 2008 9:12 pm

Wow, the textures are very soft and dazzling (hmm... just like PoL!) Hope that's what you were going for (cause it worked). I'd like "Apple and Cinnamon" and "Utada" to be in a different color. I dunno, I just feel like they don't much fit the title "Apple and Cinnamon" or "Prisoner of Love". But thanks for the update. You're doing a great job!
Back to top Go down
DSL5
Fan
Fan
DSL5

PostSubject: Re: New Hikki Album Art   New Hikki Album Art I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 03, 2008 10:11 pm

different colors? like what? The colors I'm using are in both the pic of Hikki and the background design. what would you suggest??
Back to top Go down
DaAmainator
Fan
Fan
DaAmainator

PostSubject: Re: New Hikki Album Art   New Hikki Album Art I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 04, 2008 3:15 pm

Perhaps a burgundy instead of the at your face red and a navy instead of the blue. That's only my opinion, though. You should get other people's. (I'm a bit art challenged according to my friends)
Back to top Go down
DSL5
Fan
Fan
DSL5

PostSubject: Re: New Hikki Album Art   New Hikki Album Art I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 04, 2008 3:36 pm

So I realized as I was falling asleep last night "I forgot Sanctuary!!!"

New song list:

1. Sanctuary
2. Apple and Cinnamon
3. Exodus 08
4. Prisoner of Love ~English Version~

EDIT to avoid double post:

Ok, so the final design is done, printed and assembled, but I didn't have time to take pictures and upload them today (darn finals!!!!!! high school sucks). Unfortunately some of the whites came out yellow-ish (grrrr.....).
Back to top Go down
DSL5
Fan
Fan
DSL5

PostSubject: Re: New Hikki Album Art   New Hikki Album Art I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 13, 2008 5:00 pm

Sorry for the double post, but I figured this is important.

The final product!

New Hikki Album Art Cimg0682qs5.thNew Hikki Album Art Cimg0683ka6.thNew Hikki Album Art Cimg0686sj3.thNew Hikki Album Art Cimg0684nf3.thNew Hikki Album Art Cimg0685kz0.th
Back to top Go down
Sanosuke
Top Admin
Top Admin
Sanosuke

Number of posts : 210
Registration date : 2008-05-22

PostSubject: Re: New Hikki Album Art   New Hikki Album Art I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 13, 2008 5:02 pm

That looks pretty nice. How long did it take you to complete the project?
Back to top Go down
http://hikkistation.net
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New Hikki Album Art   New Hikki Album Art I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New Hikki Album Art
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next