Hikki Station Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  Return to Hikki StationReturn to Hikki Station  

A Small World: Nationality~

Go down 
+19
Crescentlupin9
s0ysauce
malemale
kindblue
Blue
raul27
theara
Skudder
Miroku-san
DaAmainator
blue42
Prisoner of Hikki
Rather Hazy
Nintendofanboy
DSL5
kayoko
Donovon-Bozu
Sanosuke
WatashiNoItami
23 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
WatashiNoItami
Fan
Fan
WatashiNoItami

Number of posts : 151
Registration date : 2008-05-24

A Small World: Nationality~ Empty
PostSubject: A Small World: Nationality~   A Small World: Nationality~ I_icon_minitimeFri May 30, 2008 6:59 pm

First off I'd like to say Congratulations on getting like 800 posts on Hikki Station Forums to Sanosuke! Very Happy

THEN: Well, I know that there's A LOT of people all across the world on this forum and, me being ME, I enjoy everyone coming together and learning about other's culture and their ethnicity ('cause I'm weird). SO if you're interested, I'd like you to tell me, and others who actually will read this, you're ethnicity and what country you're in right now. Oh, how about what people mistaken your nationality as? XDD 'Cause I know usually always happens (to me atleast). And anything else that'd belong to that kind of topic? XDD Well just don't get too off topic because I'm DEFINITELY sure that Sanosuke would be upset and probably pissed off 'cause he always remind us NOT to.

Example: I'm an American born Vietnamese and I have some French in my blood 'cause my great, great grandfather was some French guy... XDD People usually think I look Japanese and occasionally Korean. Seems to me no one doesn't really know what a Vietnamese person look like...

Last edited by WatashiNoItami on Fri May 30, 2008 7:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/horonigai/
Sanosuke
Top Admin
Top Admin
Sanosuke

Number of posts : 210
Registration date : 2008-05-22

PostSubject: Re: A Small World: Nationality~   A Small World: Nationality~ I_icon_minitimeFri May 30, 2008 7:01 pm

I'm mainly Vietnamese. However, I am partially Japanese and Korean from my mother's side of the family(I think). Ancestors were obviously Chinese.

Nationality: United States of America
Back to top Go down
http://hikkistation.net
Donovon-Bozu
Fan
Fan
Donovon-Bozu

Number of posts : 274
Registration date : 2008-05-28

PostSubject: Re: A Small World: Nationality~   A Small World: Nationality~ I_icon_minitimeFri May 30, 2008 7:10 pm

I am American, and people think I am Caucasian. But really...

I'm no less or more half Chinese (and a little Japanese, I think)! XD!!! My Chinese comes from a full Chinese grandmother. She's so sweet. The only way you could make an educated guess that I am part Chinese is if you look at my eye shape.
Back to top Go down
kayoko
Fan
Fan
kayoko

Number of posts : 89
Registration date : 2008-05-27

PostSubject: Re: A Small World: Nationality~   A Small World: Nationality~ I_icon_minitimeFri May 30, 2008 7:16 pm

haha...cool...well im pure korean...100% both parents are korean, born in seoul, but basically lived in the US my whole life...moved to the US when i was like 2 or 3 and havent really been back except for brief stints like vacations once or twice...no doubt i miss it...but im more of a japan lover than korea lover...but yet i love being korean...lol

nationality: south korean...
Back to top Go down
DSL5
Fan
Fan
DSL5

Number of posts : 87

PostSubject: Re: A Small World: Nationality~   A Small World: Nationality~ I_icon_minitimeFri May 30, 2008 8:01 pm

Am I the only one here without Asian ancestry (although I wish I did have it)???

I'm an American born Jew. I'm one eighth Ukrainian and about one thirty-second (I think) Russian.
Back to top Go down
WatashiNoItami
Fan
Fan
WatashiNoItami

PostSubject: Re: A Small World: Nationality~   A Small World: Nationality~ I_icon_minitimeFri May 30, 2008 8:02 pm

AWESOME! =D That's nothing to be sad about! XDD Cool, someone who's not Asian..Not like I'm saying Asians are a bad thing D=
Back to top Go down
Nintendofanboy
Fan
Fan
Nintendofanboy

Number of posts : 153

PostSubject: Re: A Small World: Nationality~   A Small World: Nationality~ I_icon_minitimeFri May 30, 2008 8:28 pm

I'm an American born Hmong person. My parents and grandparents come from Laos. My parents know Thai, French, and Hmong and some English. Most of my family was born in France (My family lived in France for I don't know how long) Then while they came to America I was in my mothers stomach still. When they reached the United States I was born. That's pretty much it.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/Mario1242
WatashiNoItami
Fan
Fan
WatashiNoItami

PostSubject: Re: A Small World: Nationality~   A Small World: Nationality~ I_icon_minitimeFri May 30, 2008 8:31 pm

But that's an awesome story. Such a mixed culture! =D I wished that my family wasn't some plain Vietnamese family. XDD
Back to top Go down
Rather Hazy
Fan
Fan
Rather Hazy

Number of posts : 137

PostSubject: Re: A Small World: Nationality~   A Small World: Nationality~ I_icon_minitimeFri May 30, 2008 8:36 pm

I'm an Australian of Hungarian and Welsh/Scottish/Anglo Saxon ethnicity. So I'm one of the few white people too. Razz
Back to top Go down
WatashiNoItami
Fan
Fan
WatashiNoItami

PostSubject: Re: A Small World: Nationality~   A Small World: Nationality~ I_icon_minitimeFri May 30, 2008 8:37 pm

XDD That's a very complicated mix! By the way, what's Anglo Saxon? confused
Back to top Go down
DSL5
Fan
Fan
DSL5

PostSubject: Re: A Small World: Nationality~   A Small World: Nationality~ I_icon_minitimeFri May 30, 2008 10:17 pm

Reading these makes me feel so boring....you all have such cool nationalities.
Back to top Go down
Prisoner of Hikki
Fan
Fan
Prisoner of Hikki

Number of posts : 141

PostSubject: Re: A Small World: Nationality~   A Small World: Nationality~ I_icon_minitimeFri May 30, 2008 10:18 pm

I'm part American with German ancestry along with Malaysian with Chinese ancestry... Yes, we got another Asian on here XD
I used to live in America, but now I live in Taiwan (A small island next to China no one probably knows about...) People there always say I look American, while people in America say I look slightly different Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
blue42
Fan
Fan
blue42

Number of posts : 60

PostSubject: Re: A Small World: Nationality~   A Small World: Nationality~ I_icon_minitimeFri May 30, 2008 10:28 pm

Ooh~
I'm Peruvian/Scottish and I was born in America. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Rather Hazy
Fan
Fan
Rather Hazy

Number of posts : 137

PostSubject: Re: A Small World: Nationality~   A Small World: Nationality~ I_icon_minitimeFri May 30, 2008 10:39 pm

WatashiNoItami wrote:
XDD That's a very complicated mix! By the way, what's Anglo Saxon? confused
Just another word for English people. Different to Welsh and Scottish though who are Celtic.
Back to top Go down
DaAmainator
Fan
Fan
DaAmainator

Number of posts : 312

PostSubject: Re: A Small World: Nationality~   A Small World: Nationality~ I_icon_minitimeFri May 30, 2008 10:43 pm

DSL5 wrote:
Am I the only one here without Asian ancestry

Oh! pwnd!! cheers

I am ALSO full American. In no way, shape, or form am I Asian in any way Very Happy

Again, Asians aren't bad (I hang with a lot of them) but I have pride in my American-ness.

I am part Native American (great great great grandma was orig baby!), part German (very German, actually, great grandmother) and I've got all sorts of small Europe genes. I think I'm part Irish somewhere, possibly swiss and French.

Blonde hair! Blue eyes! king
Back to top Go down
Miroku-san
Miroku-san

Number of posts : 22

PostSubject: Re: A Small World: Nationality~   A Small World: Nationality~ I_icon_minitimeFri May 30, 2008 10:45 pm

I'm Filipino on my mom's side and American on my dad's.
Back to top Go down
http://beyondthesea2.wordpress.com
DSL5
Fan
Fan
DSL5

PostSubject: Re: A Small World: Nationality~   A Small World: Nationality~ I_icon_minitimeFri May 30, 2008 10:57 pm

Filipino! That's awsome! In sixth grade, I did a year-long project on the Philippines. It's definitely one of my favorite countries (besides america and japan of course).

DaAmainator, finally someone else who isn't Asian, (for the record, I think Asians are awesome!) but your ancestry is still waaaaay more interesting than mine.
Back to top Go down
Skudder
Skudder

Number of posts : 29
Registration date : 2008-05-26

PostSubject: Re: A Small World: Nationality~   A Small World: Nationality~ I_icon_minitimeSat May 31, 2008 1:47 am

I'm Indonesian, born in Indonesia, but lived in Gevena, New York and Bangkok.

My nationality is Indonesia.
Back to top Go down
http://ego-boundaries.blogspot.com/
theara
Fan
Fan
theara

Number of posts : 72

PostSubject: Re: A Small World: Nationality~   A Small World: Nationality~ I_icon_minitimeSat May 31, 2008 2:46 am

I'm Cambodian (the same country as Angelina Jolie's son), but I look more Latino according to everyone who first meets me Shocked

I was born and raised in the U.S. I had hopes of studying abroad in Japan but too late since I'll be graduating in a year.
Back to top Go down
http://digg.com/
raul27
Fan
Fan

Number of posts : 79
Registration date : 2008-05-25

PostSubject: Re: A Small World: Nationality~   A Small World: Nationality~ I_icon_minitimeSat May 31, 2008 10:42 pm

100% Filipino Smile

Proud to be! ^_^
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/raulxhikki
DaAmainator
Fan
Fan
DaAmainator

Number of posts : 312

PostSubject: Re: A Small World: Nationality~   A Small World: Nationality~ I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 01, 2008 9:50 am

madkool wrote:
American whitey Razz

I'm pretty much a European mutt; the biggest parts of my heritage that I can remember are Norwegian, Finnish, German and Irish :3

We're both in the same boat, man.
Back to top Go down
Blue
Fan
Fan
Blue

Number of posts : 83
Registration date : 2008-05-26

PostSubject: Re: A Small World: Nationality~   A Small World: Nationality~ I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 02, 2008 1:22 am

American (Mothers half Polish & Italian - Fathers Hispanic) I think I'm officially a mutt Very Happy lol bounce
Back to top Go down
kindblue
kindblue

Number of posts : 21

PostSubject: Re: A Small World: Nationality~   A Small World: Nationality~ I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 03, 2008 7:23 am

I'm Filipino(with Spanish and a hint of Chinese ancestry),I'm currently living here in Guam. But
I've been moving every now and then from here to the US and to the Philippines. And now planning to go to the US this upcoming school year. People often think I'm Korean or Japanese ,but most Filipinos notice I'm also a Filipino.
Back to top Go down
WatashiNoItami
Fan
Fan
WatashiNoItami

PostSubject: Re: A Small World: Nationality~   A Small World: Nationality~ I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 03, 2008 10:44 am

That's lucky! Whenever I go to Vietnam. Vietnamese people don't even know that I'm Vietnamese! >=O They'd like whisper and be all like "Look at that Japanese girl" or "Look at that Korean girl" It's sad...that even my own people don't even know I'm Vietnamese...TT_TT
Back to top Go down
malemale
malemale

Number of posts : 24
Registration date : 2008-05-31

PostSubject: Re: A Small World: Nationality~   A Small World: Nationality~ I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 03, 2008 1:41 pm

I'm 100% Norwegian. But it's funny, I looked at my family tree, and I have slighlty royalty blood in my veins. Who would've thought, hehe :-P
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A Small World: Nationality~   A Small World: Nationality~ I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

A Small World: Nationality~
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next